- 51.5 GB
- 1.8 TB
Windows 10 offers less UI control over the updating behavior of the operating system than previous versions of Windows. There is no option to turn off Windows Updates using the Control Panel or Settings app in Windows 10, it checks for updates automatically and install any updates they find, whether user like it or not. If user want control over the update process he can disable the Windows Update service. This requires to open the Services manager, locate the service and change its startup parameter and status. User would then have to enable the service again whenever want the operating system to check for updates.
Windows Update Blocker will help user to completely disable or enable Automatic Updates on its Windows system, with just a click of the button. This utility is portable, which means that users are no longer required to go through the installation process and no leftovers will remain on the HDD after its removal. If user place the program file to an external data device, user make it possible to take Windows Update Blocker everywhere with him and use it on any computer user come in contact with, who has things configured just right, and does not want to take the chance that an update might mess up their system.
If user want to block Automatic Windows Updates he only need to choose "Disable Service" and click "Apply Now" Button. Protect service setings can prevent Uncontrolled change (Recommended).
How to block any other service and protect the settings:
Windows Update Blocker allow users to add any other service into "Wub.ini" file to block it, first please edit "Wub.ini" file and add own desired service name under the "dosvc=2,4" line. For example if user want to block "Windows Update medic Service":
1. User need to open Windows services and find the desired one and click on it;
2. Copy or manully write the Service name it under the "dosvc=2,4" line;
3. Finally, open the Windows Update Blocker and use "Apply now" button.
If user want to delete recently added service after a while please follow these steps:
1. Open the Windows Update Blocker and choose enable service option then use Apply now button;
2. Delete desired service line from the "Wub.ini" file;
3. Now user can choose disable service and Protect service settings options.
Service List Options:
If user click on the "Service List Options" under the Menu button, Service List Options popup window will be open. With this GUI user can easily control services which added to "Wub.ini" [Service_List] section. User can add Maximum 25 service to "Wub.ini". Wuausrv service showing only for informational purposes therefore user can not edit it.
What is new in version 1.4 (Released on August 21, 2019):
- [FIXED] Windows Update Blocker doesn't disable Update Orchestrator and WaaSMedic task schedules.
- [FIXED] Update and Security tab is crashing;
- [ADDED] Windows Update scheduled Task has been disabled in Task Scheduler.
- [ADDED] GUI option for services which added to Ini;
- [FIXED] Some Parts of the software recoded (Improved).
- [ADDED] Language support;
- [ADDED] An option to add different services from Ini file. DoSvc sevice attached;
- [FIXED] Some minor BUGS.
- First release.
OS: Microsoft Windows® 10, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Windows® Vista, Windows® XP (both 32 & 64-bit).
1. Extract Windows Update Blocker to desired location;
2. Run the executable file;
Virus free! 100% clean!
All credits go to Sordum who made and shared the portable application with us!
in collaboration with TeamOS
Download links - version 1.4 (Size: 728.05 KB):