Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News A recent Windows 10 update is trashing framerates and causing games to stutter

If you're suddenly experiencing issues while gaming, this month's Medicines Tuesday update could be the culprit.

PbQrlU.jpg

In what has become an all too familiar story, complaints have surfaced of a cumulative update for Windows 10 causing a myriad of problems, including gameplay issues.\

"Microsoft forced the April update, but it has the same issues we had experienced with the previous optional update. Random stutter, unstable fps, V-Sync seems broken sometimes—if I screen share on Discord my fps in games becomes very unstable with V-Sync enabled," a user wrote on Reddit (via Computer Base).

Other Windows 10 users quickly chimed in to report they have been experiencing the same or similar issues, after applying the recent update.

This appears to affect a variety of hardware. One user says they are seeing "consistent stuttering in Doom Eternal" on a setup with an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor and Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 graphics card, while another user said they have been experiencing ongoing issues in games on a PC with an Intel Core i7 9700 paired with a GeForce GTX 2070 Super.

"I think I also have the same problem. Since yesterday when I upgraded Windows, my performance in Warzone has gone from 90 fps on average to 75 fps, even drops below 60 fps (V-Sync off)," yet another user wrote.

The common denominator in the various complaints is the installation of a cumulative update, including KB5001330 for Windows 10 version 2004 (20H1) and KB5001337 for Windows 10 versions 1930 and 1909. Same goes for some users who installed a preview version of this month's Medicines Tuesday rollout, KB5000842, which was made available in late March.

In regards to the preview update, the issues have drawn the attention of Nvidia, which recommends uninstalling it if you are having game related problems.

"If you are seeing lower performance in games, check if rolling back Windows 10 Update KB5000842 solves the issue," Nvidia stated in a forum post.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
224.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
well i do not get a update for now ...
maybe it come later today ...
and you can always roll-back :)
will see because i get my updates from Microsoft Netherlands ...

Zanderzen

Downloaded
502.2 MB
Uploaded
40.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I got the Windows 10 update KB5001330 update back on the 21st and installed update drivers to my NVIDIA vid card. Got the BSOD this morning after I booted up. Came here, found out that was a possible issue and removed it. Also paused updates 'til the end of May.

Last edited by a moderator:

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
224.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@Zanderzen :rr: NO outside Links ....

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
Heh, this is why I switched back to Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC... though it's very rare that I play PC games these days anyways. :p

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
224.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@Dark Wolf i have no problem with my windows 10 pro here (lol)
everything runs smooth like it should be :)
this is what i use here :)

Last edited:

Zanderzen

Downloaded
502.2 MB
Uploaded
40.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
@Zanderzen :rr: NO outside Links ....
Seriously did not know there was a link. Sorry.