Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

All types of windows apps that are lite, that don't uses alot of resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloaded
13.6 GB
Uploaded
15.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Dearest Team OS,
I am looking for Google Chrome lite and Mozilla Firefox lite, also if possible to have a windows app section please thank you

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
We have a windows apps section so go there and keep checking.
Chome lite and Firefox lite might show up but i doubt it..

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
why not try some other browser? i guess chrome is as light as it should be ..

Downloaded
13.6 GB
Uploaded
15.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Cause I have chrome and Firefox and they both use alot of resources, I have tried opera but I get a error 40 about the internet connection, my Dinasuar Toshiba Satellite A105 it has installed 1500 gb of ram but only shows 1 gb. I would like to have apps that use less resources and ram

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Cause I have chrome and Firefox and they both use alot of resources, I have tried opera but I get a error 40 about the internet connection, my Dinasuar Toshiba Satellite A105 it has installed 1500 gb of ram but only shows 1 gb. I would like to have apps that use less resources and ram
Lets start with what is your operation system. Hurry this up cause google has many ideas if you google "Lightest Browsers"

Keep in mind your going to be limited to apps etc with that machine..

Jai Kishan

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.5 GB
Uploaded
1.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
If you have 1500gb of ram. I don't think you need to worry about chrome using resource at all or any application at all...Just kidding. I know that was typo

Last edited:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
I am afraid that this is a misunderstanding. There is no "light" chrome or firefox etc. That's mostly a rumor and a myth, and it got started from people not understanding how things work with modern browsers.

Browser by itself, no matter which one you pick, won't use a lot of ram. The ram usage happens when we :
* Use add-ons and plugins
* open many tabs
* open "loaded" websites.

On modern browsers, each addon runs on its own instance for protection (when it crashes, it won't bring the browser as a whole down) and security (if an addon is hacked, it's not connected directly to the browser) but nothing comes without a price. Ram usage. Look at the example below

chrome_CQNRWRaK0g.jpg

As you see, each add-on has its own chrome process. Keep in mind some add-ons ask for more ram, than others but in general, more add-ons = more ram. How much, no one can tell.

The same goes for tabs.
Each site/tab we have open uses ram for the page elements such as images, videos, text, icons, etc, and that totally depends on the site, not on your browser. Some sites are poorly made and unoptimized, while others are better coded and optimized. Look at the examples of ram usage below with 1, 5, and 10 sites concurrently. Notice how some threads (tabs) use way more ram than others.

1 site
Taskmgr_y6uahKjFFy.jpg

5 sites
Taskmgr_i2p4pMztnC.jpg

and 10 sites
Taskmgr_kJcFq08s7E.jpg

Sadly that is the price of technology.
The main point is tho, dont look for "light" versions, they won't offer much. You must make your own compromises in terms of add-ons, and tabs, and setup.

As for other types of applications, again I dont think there will be a light version. Maybe a cut-down version with things missing??? Probably. In general tho you can look at old versions of the software you want. For example, there is no real need to have photoshop 2021, you can use cs6 as cs6 will run a lot faster on your laptop than the 2021 version. You can apply the same logic to other apps too without being absolute. Office 2010 or 2013 will be faster than 2021 LTSC (not much but it will). Even in such software like office and photoshop, Ram/CPU usage depends also on the type of images and documents we work with. A 1-page document with just text will use way less ram than a 100-page document full of graphics and charts etc. A 1080p image with 5 undo levels, will use less ram than a 40-megapixel image with 20 levels of undo.

Again an example with photoshop:

Taskmgr_Ua7LEz7Cvu.jpg
Taskmgr_U7MrhgBhVP.jpg
Taskmgr_Kox2K7RVK5.jpg
As you see it's not actually photoshop, but the size of image(s) and type of work we do that uses the ram.

Keep in mind, in some cases new versions of software make sense when you have the right hardware and not so much when you dont. You have to trial and error till you find the perfect match. Sadly as I said, there must be a compromise made.

About your ram, it's not lost. You have 1.5 GB indeed but my guess is that 512 are used from your graphic card. You can set that on bios after consulting your manual.

Hope it helped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.