Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked All Windows versions Installing in S Mode? Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nijikon

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Can someone help a noob out? I'm trying to upgrade from LTSB to LTSC since a few newer games I'm interested in don't support LTSB anymore. I grabbed a reliable iso from another thread, along with activation scripts v1.04, but windows keeps installing in S mode, which apparently is a dead end, because it refuses to launch the Medicines .cmd "This app can't run" bs

I'm an idiot, so can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I just want to play new games lol

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
Burn a "complete" ISO of LTSC to USB stick. Boot to USB stick and completely format/erase hard drive. Do a "full" install of LTSC. Activate and then remove what you dont want, but there wont be much to remove because it's LTSC.

Nijikon

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Burn a "complete" ISO of LTSC to USB stick. Boot to USB stick and completely format/erase hard drive. Do a "full" install of LTSC. Activate and then remove what you dont want, but there wont be much to remove because it's LTSC.

I used Rufus to make a bootable USB from the iso, when choosing which drive to install to, I first deleted the SSD with the old LTSB N preactivated, which was labeled as "Drive 0", and all its partitions: recovery, etc. I then clicked on the deleted drive 0 with "unallocated space", clicked "new" to make new partitions, then formatted it, and installed LTSC to it. When it was finished, it was in S mode. Did I do something wrong?

More info, if it helps: the iso was from the thread "Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC v.17763.1637 Multilingual AIO x86-x64 DEC2020" and I tried to install the x64 non-N version.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Is your PC a branded one like Acer, HP, etc, or a laptop? What windows did it have when you first got it? You will laugh if the problem is if it is what I'm thinking :p

Nijikon

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Is your PC a branded one like Acer, HP, etc, or a laptop? What windows did it have when you first got it?

I've always used this preactivated LTSB N on my custom built pc. No other version I've tried works except for the LTSB N

Edit: No, PLEASE, give me something to laugh about, cuz I'm at my wits' end lol

Light_Eater

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
768.3 GB
Uploaded
111 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
@Nijikon Not sure is it going to be a solution for you but this is an official way out of S mode

Nijikon

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
@Nijikon Not sure is it going to be a solution for you but this is an official way out of S mode

I've tried that but LTSC doesn't come with MS Store and even on a version I tried that DID, there was no "Get" button to get out of it. I imagine the only way is to activate first, but like I said, I can't activate it if I can't get out of S mode lol That's why I call it a dead end

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Ok, try this please.
  • Get any home or pro version from here.
  • Normally, after installation, you should be again in S mode so deactivate it via store (instructions can be found on the web)
  • Make sure that windows switched to non-S mode.
  • Format and install LTSC
  • Enjoy.
Alternatively, you can try to install the store on LTSC ( ) and see if you can deactivate through there. Not sure tho if S will let you sideload Store, worth a try tho.

Not at home atm so can't explain why you have to do it this way, but give it a try and hopefully, it will work.

Last edited:

Nijikon

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Ok, try this please.
  • Get any home or pro version from here.
  • Normally, after installation, you should be again in S mode so deactivate it via store (instructions can be found on the web)
  • Make sure that windows switched to non-S mode.
  • Format and install LTSC
  • Enjoy.
Alternatively, you can try to install the store on LTSC ( ) and see if you can deactivate through there. Not sure tho if S will let you sideload Store, worth a try tho.

Not at home atm so can't explain why you have to do it this way, but give it a try and hopefully, it will work.

I will try this and let you know if it works, thank you!

--------------
I tried a Home version, went to the store, got to the Switch Out of S Mode page, and there was no option to turn it off. What SHOULD have been there, is a section under the text in black backround that has a blue "Get" button.

There was no button on that page for me. Even after I updated the store. In fact, that whole section underneath where the button is, wasn't even there. I just don't understand...

If windows needs to be activated BEFORE you can switch out of S mode, then how in the world am I going to activate it when S mode doesn't allow me to use any Medicines?

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Go to love Microsoft. Before I start I want you to know it's not your fault but you are experiencing a very weird bug that it's rare to happen due to an oversight of Microsoft and... your mobo manufacturer. Even if you search the internet for LTSC and S mode you will see only 2 or 3 other instances of the problem. As far as my personal experience I only came across this bug once. I want to make this clear, it's not your fault or the windows modder's fault.

Let's start from the beginning. As you know, Windows S is a special version of windows that will allow the installation of apps that ONLY come from the store for security control. To make sure that this is the case, only some devices can enter in S mode and there are certain requirements. For example, you need UEFI enabled PCs, the secure boot must be on, etc.

That means your PC somehow is S enabled and should have a windows license stored in UEFI. That's why I asked if it was a brand PC like ASUS, ACER, HP, etc. Additionally, I think it asks you to log into your Microsoft account during setup which from there retrieves and enters the S mode.

Here's where the bug is. MS after 1803 builds in any windows, autodetects if the PC is S mode capable, and starts S mode automatically. MS probably forgot to put an exception for the LTSC build. So you installed an OS in S mode, that needs the MS store to get deactivated but has the store removed... brilliant. Since this affects builds after 1803 that's why you didn't have a problem with LTSB which is 1607.

Solutions:
The way I solved it was to install the original windows that came with that PC, deactivate the S mode and disable secure boot from bios. That allowed me to install LTSC normally but in your case, it didn't work (I hope you tested with a build greater than 18xx). I can think of some extra things but will be speculations and can't be done from range as it needs a LOT of feedback and that will take ages. So all I can do is give some advice and depending on your level of knowledge try them.

1. If you have LTSC Instaled, log into safe mode, and install the store from the link above. After you are done switch to normal mode and see if the store is working and can deactivate S mode.
2. If your PC came with Windows preinstalled, try that specific windows to see if they can deactivate S.
3. Disable Secure boot (if you haven't) and see if that prevents S mode. I think you have to reinstall LTSC with secure boot off.
4. If windows during setup ask for an online account, try to avoid this and log in with a local account. Better disconnect PC from the internet while setup.

If the above fails...
Either stay with LTSB as it's a 1607 or use a newer 20h2 build made for games.

Wish there were more I could say.

Last edited:

Nijikon

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Go to love Microsoft. Before I start I want you to know it's not your fault but you are experiencing a very weird bug that it's rare to happen due to an oversite of Microsoft and... your mobo manufacturer. Even if you search the internet for LTSC and S mode you will see only 2 or 3 other instances of the problem. As far as my personal experience I only came across this bug once. I want to make this clear, it's not your fault or the windows modder's fault.

Let's start from the beginning. As you know, Windows S is a special version of windows that will allow the installation of apps that ONLY come from the store for security control. To make sure that this is the case, only some devices can enter in S mode and there are certain requirements. For example, you need UEFI enabled PCs, the secure boot must be on, etc.

That means your PC somehow is S enabled and should have a windows license stored in UEFI. That's why I asked if it was a brand PC like ASUS, ACER, HP, etc. Additionally, I think it asks you to log into your Microsoft account during setup which from there retrieves and enters the S mode.

Here's where the bug is. MS after 1803 builds in any windows, autodetects if the PC is S mode capable, and starts S mode automatically. MS probably forgot to put an exception for the LTSC build. So you installed an OS in S mode, that needs the MS store to get deactivated but has the store removed... brilliant. Since this affects builds after 1803 that's why you didn't have a problem with LTSB which is 1607.

Solutions:
The way I solved it was to install the original windows that came with that PC, deactivate the S mode and disable secure boot from bios. That allowed me to install LTSC normally but in your case, it didn't work (I hope you tested with a build greater than 18xx). I can think of some extra things but will be speculations and can't be done from range as it needs a LOT of feedback and that will take ages. So all I can do is give some advice and depending on your level of knowledge try them.

1. If you have LTSC Instaled, log into safe mode, and install the store from the link above. After you are done switch to normal mode and see if the store is working and can deactivate S mode.
2. If your PC came with Windows preinstalled, try that specific windows to see if they can deactivate S.
3. Disable Secure boot (if you haven't) and see if that prevents S mode. I think you have to reinstall LTSC with secure boot off.
4. If windows during setup ask for an online account, try to avoid this and log in with a local account. Better disconnect PC from the internet while setup.

If the above fails...
Either stay with LTSB as it's a 1607 or use a newer 20h2 build made for games.

Wish there were more I could say.

I will try this later today as it's 4:53am for me lol Whether this works or not, thank you so much for your time and attention!

--------------------

Couldn't sleep, so I figured "What the hell" and tried this. I disabled Secure Boot in BIOS, did a fresh install of Windows Home while dc'd from internet, AND IT DIDN'T BOOT IN S MODE! SUCCESS! I also activated the copy with the script Medicines v1.04.

It's all just a matter of installing apps and settings now. I can't thank you enough, truly.

And thanks to everyone else who responded and were thoughtful enough to at least click on this thread to see if they could help. You're all amazing!

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
From what I read, it looks like the user is satisfied, Thanks to all who pitched in! closed and tagged completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.