Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News AMD dominates Amazon's best-selling CPU chart, despite Intel's discounts

PbxU5K.jpg

AMD is dominating Amazon’s best-selling CPU chart, despite Intel offering discounts on several of its chips and some of team red’s processors selling above MSRP. AMD has been eroding Intel’s share of the CPU market for years. The former’s chips are now found in 30% of Steam users’ PCs, while other reports have also shown team blue losing ground to its rival.​

With Intel having the advantage of owning its fabs, the company has avoided many of the availability issues caused by the global chip shortage. It’s even reduced many of its top processors at a time when PC component prices are skyrocketing. So, one might imagine the Core range is taking up most of the slots on Amazon’s best-selling CPU list. But no—it’s AMD that dominates, holding seven of the top eight places.

PbxTB8.jpg

In the number one position is the Ryzen 7 3700X. The Zen 2 processor launched in July 2019 with a MSRP of $329. It’s actually down to $308 on Amazon, though at the time of writing, there are only nine left in stock. Sitting behind this processor is the Ryzen 9 5900X. The Zen 3 chip is only available from third-party sellers starting at $800, which is quite a price bump over the $549 MSRP. Still, people are obviously buying it.

The highest Intel entry in the top ten is its Intel Core i7-10700K (sixth) that recently saw a price drop from $387 to $319. Chipzilla also has CPUs in ninth place (Core i5-10600K) and tenth (Core i5-9600K).

Despite only arriving last month, Intel has already reduced some of its 11th-gen Rocket Lake chips, possibly due in part to the mixed reviews several of the CPUs received. News that AMD remains more popular on the world’s largest online retail site might leave Intel wondering what else it can do to improve its standing.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
228.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
Sorry @S.Prasanna Venkatesh but i'm a intel man :)
my next cpu in 2 months still saving money for it will be the i9 and the graphics card will be the RTX 10900K ^^
64 ram dragon high speed , 5 Hdd's 8TB super fast :) , i hope i can order this machine in june when my birthday is ^^
but yeah i still need to safe a few 1000 :)

Last edited:

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11253 (11253)
Member for 8 years
Sorry @S.Prasanna Venkatesh but i'm a intel man :)
my next cpu in 2 months still saving money for it will be the i9 and the graphics card will be the RTX 10900K ^^
64 ram dragon high speed , 5 Hdd's 8TB super fast :) , i hope i can order this machine in june when my birthday is ^^
but yeah i still need to safe a few 1000 :)

5 x 8TB??

Wow nice, I'm big time AMD fan, I really hate Intel (except 775), always some problems

Last edited by a moderator:

LeffeS

Downloaded
4.7 GB
Uploaded
99.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
The only pro with going Intel atm would be the integrated gpu which AMD lacks. Other then that it is AMD all the way!

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
228.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
5 x 8TB??

Wow nice, I'm big time AMD fan, I really hate Intel (except 775), always some problems
well in the 90's when i started to work in a computershop the Boss have show me a movie abouth AMD that it burn when you overclocked the cpu ...
and intell just freeze and shut down so i'm a intell man :) i also know that AMD is better now and cheaper then intell but yeah i'm a man that stick on place when i have seen the prove :)

Last edited:

DooDoon

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
39.6 GB
Uploaded
510.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Happy to hear AMD is crushing it.
I personally don't care who makes the chip. If it offers good performance for a reasonable price they can have the money, I'm not a company fan.

Light_Eater

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
768.3 GB
Uploaded
111 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
From what I have seen Amazon UK has not had any new amd cpus for months, the only one you can buy from their site are sold by 3 party companies / sellers.
Sure people are buying 3700X, as most wasn't able to buy the current gen from the launch (I think in November)