Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Any recommendation for best audio to text converting tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

farhan.rashid

Downloaded
18.4 GB
Uploaded
576 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hello guys, advance happy new year.
I am looking for some tool (software/online) for converting audio file to text, with support of multiple languages (specially german). I tried some online tools but none of them are working any good.
Please let me know if you have any good recommendation.
Thanks!!

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Have you tried with Google Translate app?

farhan.rashid

Downloaded
18.4 GB
Uploaded
576 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Have you tried with Google Translate app?
yes I tried.
1) it takes audio from microphone only.
2) i dont want to translate. I need original text.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
âś… Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
Word ?

To transcribe using Word, sign in to Office 365 on your browser and open a new Word document.
Click Home, then the drop-down icon next to '”Dictate” (or the microphone icon) and “Transcribe.”
Click “Upload audio,” then select the file you want to transcribe and wait for the process to finish.

farhan.rashid

Downloaded
18.4 GB
Uploaded
576 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
To transcribe using Word, sign in to Office 365 on your browser and open a new Word document.
Click Home, then the drop-down icon next to '”Dictate” (or the microphone icon) and “Transcribe.”
Click “Upload audio,” then select the file you want to transcribe and wait for the process to finish.

it says "go premium"

farhan.rashid

Downloaded
18.4 GB
Uploaded
576 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
so far i found this website, which gives me best result. but there is limitation 30 minutes per account for free.
Outside link removed by Admin

L3GI0N5

Power User
Downloaded
205.7 GB
Uploaded
4.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
23 (24)
Member for 5 years
Try Speechnotes. they are free to do the project, no time restriction
and also try SpeechTexter , Dictation io, Voice note, voice notebook, they are all free

farhan.rashid

Downloaded
18.4 GB
Uploaded
576 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Try Speechnotes. they are free to do the project, no time restriction
and also try SpeechTexter , Dictation io, Voice note, voice notebook, they are all free
They both are basically dictator tools. Means you have to use microphone to dictate.
My goal is to transcribe audio file to text. Speechnotes has a transcribe function but it ask me to buy credit for each minute of transcribe.

Mirkec

Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
âś… Verified Member
Downloaded
57.6 GB
Uploaded
16 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
83 (96)
Member for 6 years
Please enter a message with more than 5 words

farhan.rashid

Downloaded
18.4 GB
Uploaded
576 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Thanks a lot, I am going to try it.

Please enter a message with more than 5 words
Transcribe is really crap in this software. it doesnt even let me choose the language for transcription.

I will give this a go, I currently have over 7,000 albums, and I am ripping my vinyl to FLAC, I installed Lidarr and it messed up all my ID3 tags, hopefully this can fix them :)

After using this for about an hour I've bought the Pro version with lifetime updates, it does not do quite what I want, but it does make finding the bad ID3 tags much simpler, so well worth ÂŁ14 to me :)

Thanks again guys, another good piece of kit I've found because of this site!

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
âś… Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
it says "go premium"
Yes, Office 365 is a paid subscription (not free), but if you search well you will find an Office subscription ...

You have asked for help on how to perform a task, we have given you several solutions, now it is your turn to start looking for the programs and reading.

We help not give digested solutions and less when I am on vacation without time to test or upload files.

To help you start by helping yourself.

Last edited:

PsyTom

Power User
âś… Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
found it by google search, might work.
1.Open google > google apps > new google doc > select tools > voice typing > if the language you're using is not shown, click on the link above the microphone icon and "choose your language" > start recording and play the audio/video file. for reference video search youtube for- how to automatically transcribe audio and video files using google docs
2.Use Gboard to transcribe audio files with no limits and no extra cost, "it works with several languages". all you need is an audio file to upload and google keyboard will convert your audio to text in minutes with about 90% accuracy.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
âś… Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
I think various solutions have been given to the OP.
This thread is already history, it is from last year and we are in 2022. :p
What do the Admins or Mods think?

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Transcription depends on a lot of things that I assume you already know, such as the quality of the audio, the accent of the speaker, language used, etc. Sadly there can be no suggestions or recommendations because what might work for me and my language, might not work for yours and vice versa.

I can recommend some software names that probably have some free trial versions to test and then see if those can be found here, otherwise, it will be an eternal back and forth.
Amberscript
Nuance
Happy Scribe
Rev
Trint

Additionally, if the above software suggestions are not good enough for you, Google and check if there are other such programs that may help you better, and then make a thread and ask about them here. Also keep in mind that if a service depends on online servers to work... it will make it very hard to find a working offline version.

Hope it helped.

Last edited:

farhan.rashid

Downloaded
18.4 GB
Uploaded
576 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Transcription depends on a lot of things that I assume you already know, such as the quality of the audio, the accent of the speaker, language used, etc. Sadly there can be no suggestions or recommendations because what might work for me and my language, might not work for yours and vice versa.

I can recommend some software names that probably have some free trial versions to test and then see if those can be found here, otherwise, it will be an eternal back and forth.
Amberscript
Nuance
Happy Scribe
Rev
Trint

Additionally, if the above software suggestions are not good enough for you, Google and check if there are other such programs that may help you better, and then make a thread and ask about them here. Also keep in mind that if a service depends on online servers to work... it will make it very hard to find a working offline version.

Hope it helped.
Thank you so much for replying. I have already tried all of your suggestion. basically I came to conclusion that there is no free lunch.
they all have time limition about (10 minutes). then need to make a new account. Otherwise need to pay.

Downloaded
8.9 GB
Uploaded
6.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
For English one of the best is Descript. It offers 3hrs of free transcription. It supports up to 2 channels in both direct audio and audio in multimedia container. Results are incredible, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.