Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Anyone still using Windows 7 despite no support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The OMG Guy

Downloaded
1.9 GB
Uploaded
5.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
I am missing Windows 7 honestly. I know there is no support for win 7 anymore so prone to hackers, exploits, bugs. So, any of you still using this or moved on completely? Heard new CPU's don't support it anymore.

And is there a transformation pack/theme for windows 10 that will make it fully windows 7?

mkrleza

Si non confectus, non reficiat
Uploader
Verified Member
Downloaded
464.7 GB
Uploaded
28.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
I have a separate machine (A8 CPU, 8GB RAM, GTX 750) which I use for sentimental reasons - but it's not connected to the Internet (occasionally I plug in the Ethernet cable). I don't keep anything important on it, I use it for older games and pure nostalgia.

charlie_grimes

Downloaded
50.7 GB
Uploaded
1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
XP was the best but 10 is good :p
Yes, some of the great things I remember include
* Having to install an app just to look in to a zip or rar file
* Having to install an app to look at image formats other than jpg or gif.
* Having to install complicated alternatives to the Windows audio handling to get decent sound from high quality sound cards.
* All those web sites that didn't render properly in the non standard compliant Windows browser.
* Best of all, all those pretty blue screens!
:cool:

To answer the original question, I took advantage of Microsoft's free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 when it first came out. I have never had reason to regret that decision.

rajapss

Downloaded
75.9 GB
Uploaded
114.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Yes, I am still using win 7 and want to shift to win 10. BTW Which win 10 version is the best?

bsdaddict

Downloaded
20.3 GB
Uploaded
125 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
I kept my Win 7 intact when I moved up to 10 so that I could dual-boot and keep gaming on 7. Have it imaged with Macrium so I can always restore it back to late January-ish, just after it went EOL. Every time I fire 7 up I'm amazed by how much faster it feels, everything's so snappy. Maybe partly due to the fact that since I gamed on 7 I was pretty anal about keeping it lean and not running a lot of background apps and on 10 I know I won't game on it so I've got a bunch of shit running, but I'm convinced 10's a pig and also partly to blame. I've spent way too much time trying to tweak 10's performance ever since I noticed the difference. I honestly can't say that anything's made a noticable impact, though. 10's still a pig... :banghead:

LauRoman

Downloaded
6.1 GB
Uploaded
48.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
[...]
* Having to install complicated alternatives to the Windows audio handling to get decent sound from high quality sound cards.
[...]
Well actually, since there has been no TRUE hardware acceleration for audio on Windows since Vista, that point you made, is actually in XP's favour. :D

SevenSign

Verified Member
Downloaded
26.2 GB
Uploaded
296.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
I am still using Windows 7, I can't get rid of automatic updates with Windows 10. Every time I open my PC with Windows 10 installed, it will just download something without my consent. Is there any work around for that? I tried something like debloat and it doesn't do good for me :(.

MniawY

Uploader
Verified Member
Downloaded
92 GB
Uploaded
1.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
I am still using Windows 7, I can't get rid of automatic updates with Windows 10. Every time I open my PC with Windows 10 installed, it will just download something without my consent. Is there any work around for that? I tried something like debloat and it doesn't do good for me :(.
Have a Look | ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.