Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Anyone using a Windows 10 Gamer Edition for a DAW? (Digital Audio Workstation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

piiing

Downloaded
29.5 GB
Uploaded
32.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
After decades struggling with different laptops for DAW, about 3 years ago I read that gaming laptops were good performers for Audio Workstations. So I bought an ASUS ROG, and I am very happy with it. Not even the most expensive "conventional" laptops could perform at that high level.

I am wondering if anyone has gone further by using one of these specific Windows 10 releases for gamers. Would it further increase the performance?

I am using it exclusively for DAW and for the regular Internet browsing. Not for games.

loweistudio

Downloaded
24.8 GB
Uploaded
143.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I did try some gamer editions last week and those are filled with software and customization edits i don't find necessary for general usage IMO.
Also a low of things are tweaked by default so to revert them back, you have to assume the services or components were not stripped out during the ISO creation.

In my case, i use Oprekin builds like this one : Windows 10 Pro 2004.172 Lite Plus uploaded on March 30,2020 (allowing updates installations).
Then i run all the usual checks including Stress-Testing, Latency Monitor, Driver update checking and the C++ redistribuables' installation. I use two computers with the same OS version, one running a RTA and working via network.
Everything is running smootly on both machines!

Status
Not open for further replies.