Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Can anyone be so kind as to help me with my harddisk issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMQUA

Downloaded
159.9 GB
Uploaded
165.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Hi i'm fairly new to this forum and i am a little embaressed to ask, but there seems to be alot of ''know how'' guys here so i have to at least try....here it goes.

I'm trying to get a corrupt harddisk to start working again, but can't find a program to do it. I know that the disk works though it is quite new and was working 'til there was a powerbreak during a thunder storm when the electricity cut the power to my computer.
Ever since then it hasn't been working.
Every program you find when searching for ''repair disk'', hard disk repair, repair corrupt disk, is those annoying programs that just recover data from the corrupt disk but not a one that tells or fixes the disk itself.
Main problem is that windows(i run win7) is not finding the disk, so i have to get a ''proggie'' that finds even ''unfindable disks'' to work with. The only program that has given me a little hope is MiniTool Partition Wizard, wich at least finds the disk and tells me following:
1.the disk has an unknown filesystem, 2.try to wipe the disk. But when i then mark it for ''wiping'' and presses apply minitool p.w just works for a minute and during this minute it ''drops'' the disk and then says that the thing was completed successfully even though it were not.
Other programs doesn't seem to find the disk or finds it and drops it right away. A reaccuring fact is the message ''unknown filesystem '' on the programs that finds it.
Solutions anyone???
I have tried this proggies;
MiniTool Partition Wizard,DiskGenius,Easeus partition master,DiskInternals Partition Recovery,DiskWipe, gparted,Paragon Partition Manager,Lowlevel format tool, none of them works.
The (ACCording to description)program that sounds exactly like the type i'm looking for is Lowlevel format tool, but it doesn't help since that is one of the programs that can't even find the disk.
I'm at my ropes end here. Does anyone possess the knowledge, or know about a great program to fix the disk(not recover data), it would be greatly appretiated. Or if i could get some suggestions on what to do or where to go.
The disk is about 3 months old a 4gb seagate Barracuda.

Thanx before hand
A

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
141.8 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Its a 3months old harddisk only than why not get it done under warranty that would be easiest thing to do... to fix the disk i dont think softwares can do it if its probably something under the disk shorted out due to powercut.. as said get it done under warranty

lunchtime

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
955.9 GB
Uploaded
45.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Unplug it entirely, reconnect with fresh power and sata cables and use a different sata port. See if you can format it then.
If it's still not detectable / stable with fresh cables on a different port, then it's physically damaged and you'll need to use the warranty. No amount of software is going to fix a fried controller board.

user7

Downloaded
15.7 GB
Uploaded
34.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
If you can hear the disk spinning when you put your ear to it then get the English version of Victoria 528.

AMQUA

Downloaded
159.9 GB
Uploaded
165.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
user7 YOU MINE HERR IS A GENIUS. I installed Victoria(Now Victoria536),it worked like a charm. It gave the same answer that the other progs that found the disk ''unknown filesystem'',
but added a question of wether i wanted to try and fix it. Of course i pressed yes and......it didn't drop the disk and it took this little nifty f***er just about a minute to do it.
Now the disc is reformatted and partitioned and works again. This software i highly recommend for people with similar problems, or if windows can't see the discs(at least on win7 and with similar cause). The only little
irritating thing is that it never told you what was wrong with the disk to begin with, but you can't get it all(as d-load site said,V536 is an experimental program). Now it is working and that's all i wanted
Thank you ,thank you, thank you user7.

Regards
A :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

StarForce

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
709.3 GB
Uploaded
4.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
this one well help i test all recovery progrem this help me top be ofline to the internet when you use it
regards

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
AMQUA seems to be very happy now so I'll close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.