Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Can't install Windows 10 from USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scene4U

Downloaded
3 GB
Uploaded
557.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
3 (3)
Member for 9 years
Hello,

I downloaded Win10 from here itself. Made bootable USB using Rufus but can't install windows.
I selected USB as first boot device and then I am getting below error -

win10-issue.jpg

What I think is Rufus is creating NTFS and my laptop supports UEFI (as I can understand from error). Please tell me how to overcome this issue?

Also, I formatted my USB in NTFS.

Thanks in advance

QuanLam

Emmayla
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
154.3 GB
Uploaded
29.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
23 (23)
Member for 4 years
In Rufus there's an option to create USB for MBR (Master Boot Record) and something else I don't really remember (I will need help on this). Try to change that option around to see if that helps or not. I had the same problem while trying to install Windows on my MacBook and that helped me.

Good luck :)

Scene4U

Downloaded
3 GB
Uploaded
557.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
3 (3)
Member for 9 years
In Rufus there's an option to create USB for MBR (Master Boot Record) and something else I don't really remember (I will need help on this). Try to change that option around to see if that helps or not. I had the same problem while trying to install Windows on my MacBook and that helped me.

Good luck :)

Thanks for the advice. Trying your way now.

Untitled.png

The Professor

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
31 GB
Uploaded
33.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
44 (46)
Member for 10 years
Writing with power iso can solve this problem I had a problem once and I tried power iso it works
And please mention the OS here you had tried

Scene4U

Downloaded
3 GB
Uploaded
557.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
3 (3)
Member for 9 years
Writing with power iso can solve this problem I had a problem once and I tried power iso it works
And please mention the OS here you had tried

Here it is -

The Professor

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
31 GB
Uploaded
33.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
44 (46)
Member for 10 years
Here it is -
Try as @QuanLam said if it doesn't help Try power iso
20201121_154448.jpg

Select those options for usb and don't change anything thing after selecting iso keep the file system automatic

Ninetailedfox

Downloaded
77.7 GB
Uploaded
296.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
I think UEFI boot is supported only Fat32... :yawn:

Scene4U

Downloaded
3 GB
Uploaded
557.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
3 (3)
Member for 9 years
I was able to install using MBR method ( see post # ). But now problem is it was only showing me Windows 10 Home 32 & 64. What can be the issue now?
I downloaded this one -

It is clearly written that this OS is All in One pack. But I am getting only Windows 10 Home.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
@Scene4U, how are you installing this ISO? Did you reboot your PC, boot to the USB, reformat your HDD, then install?
Or did you attempt to install as an upgrade? What OS is in your PC now?

Scene4U

Downloaded
3 GB
Uploaded
557.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
3 (3)
Member for 9 years
@Scene4U, how are you installing this ISO? Did you reboot your PC, boot to the USB, reformat your HDD, then install?
Or did you attempt to install as an upgrade? What OS is in your PC now?

Currently Running Win10 Pro. I wanted to reset or refresh it, but I can't do so (getting windows can't be reset).

So, I thought I should reinstall windows. Yes, I restarted my laptop then boot to the USB. No upgrade, fresh install.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
Currently Running Win10 Pro. I wanted to reset or refresh it, but I can't do so (getting windows can't be reset).

So, I thought I should reinstall windows. Yes, I restarted my laptop then boot to the USB. No upgrade, fresh install.

Ok, did you see this screen before installing?

Scene4U

Downloaded
3 GB
Uploaded
557.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
3 (3)
Member for 9 years
Ok, did you see this screen before installing?

That's what I am saying mate. I didn't see all of these in list. I only saw Windows 10 Home 32 & 64 bit.

Someone is comment box said not all Win 10 support MBR system in Rufus.

Giving Power ISO a try now.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
Once you are done and all is sorted out, let us know so we can close this.
Fyi though, rufus is buggy on some PC's. :p

Scene4U

Downloaded
3 GB
Uploaded
557.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
3 (3)
Member for 9 years

I tried PowerISO too. But same issue.

EFE6-A36-E-E3-F0-440-A-B71-C-A6-F8349-C42-EA.jpg

Scene4U

Downloaded
3 GB
Uploaded
557.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
3 (3)
Member for 9 years

I tried MBR version but I am getting this message - can't install windows on this drive - currently in GPT format. How to overcome this?

MniawY

Former STAFF™ ⭐️
Uploader
Power User
Downloaded
156.4 GB
Uploaded
51 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
104 (102)
Member for 7 years
I tried MBR version but I am getting this message - can't install windows on this drive - currently in GPT format. How to overcome this?
Plz , Can You Provide Me The Link of This ISO ;)

mkrleza

Si non confectus, non reficiat
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
654.9 GB
Uploaded
65.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (7)
Member for 7 years
Plz , Can You Provide Me The Link of This ISO ;)
The author said:
"I was able to install using MBR method ( see post # ). But now problem is it was only showing me Windows 10 Home 32 & 64. What can be the issue now?
I downloaded this one - "

;)

MniawY

Former STAFF™ ⭐️
Uploader
Power User
Downloaded
156.4 GB
Uploaded
51 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
104 (102)
Member for 7 years
The author said:
Sorry Sir @mkrleza , Downloading it Now | , Will Test it Myself ;)

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
I wonder why is everyone ignoring the actual error message. Bootex64.efi file is missing... That is your clue to search what is wrong, in case you don't already know.

@Scene4U Can you please try with an older version of windows, preferably not an all_in_one just for testing? any 18xx or earlier will be great. That error you got, happens for 2 reasons. Media issues which mean either your USB has problems, or ISO was corrupted somehow... or worse, older UEFI has compatibility issues with newer windows. Sometimes, they look for bootloaders in the wrong place, etc. A lot of older UEFI was trying to "cheat" as manufacturers were lazy, and so they are not completely compatible with new versions of windows which have much stricter rules for protection.

You can maybe try to see if there is a firmware upgrade for your laptop but trying an older version of windows will show more and it's faster. You don't have to do a full install if you don't want to, just to check if it works and you can start windows setup. If that works, we nailed the problem.

Scene4U

Downloaded
3 GB
Uploaded
557.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
3 (3)
Member for 9 years
I wonder why is everyone ignoring the actual error message. Bootex64.efi file is missing... That is your clue to search what is wrong, in case you don't already know.

@Scene4U Can you please try with an older version of windows, preferably not an all_in_one just for testing? any 18xx or earlier will be great. That error you got, happens for 2 reasons. Media issues which mean either your USB has problems, or ISO was corrupted somehow... or worse, older UEFI has compatibility issues with newer windows. A lot of older UEFI was trying to "cheat" as manufacturers were lazy, and so they are not completely compatible with new versions of windows which have much stricter rules for protection.

You can maybe try to see if there is a firmware upgrade for your laptop but trying an older version of windows will show more and it's faster. You don't have to do a full install if you don't want to, just to check if it works and you can start windows setup. If that works, we nailed the problem.

I installed my OS successfully. Rufus was creating EFI USB whereas my system was looking for UEFI one.

So, I converted my hardrive from GPT to MBR and then made a MBR version of Windows. After this, i was able to install windows normally.

Gotta say, this Windows 10 Pro is laggy one! IDK what and why, but I did clean install and then also my OS is kinda laggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.