Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News Cloud Windows?

CloudWindows.jpg

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
4.9 TB
Uploaded
268 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Let me just start by saying, no.
I'll stick to Windows 10 until it is not supported.

Also... time to switch to Linux as your main.

Use Windows ONLY when there's a true need.

Hopefully, someone here will learn how to deactivate all of the tracking, if that is possible in a cloud based OS.
If not, I'll only run it in a VM behind a VPN, and ONLY when I truly need it.

I value my privacy more than I do ease of use.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Dont worry guys, this will never replace the OS we use, It's not even in the same category even tho it's called windows. The main target of this Windows was is and will be the companies and remote workers. Why?

Let's say I have 50 people working for me, and so I need 50 PCs... or do I? Instead of buying 50pcs and 2-3 servers, I can buy 50 such licenses and 50 Chromebooks (or anything cheap that has a screen/keyboard/mouse) and decent internet and boom. All the employees log to the remote windows 365 and do their work with their office 365 without worrying about patches - updating - viruses, etc, Those also can be more secure as there is no real PC to hack or ransomware to attack. Additionally, those same employees can work from home or even a hotel if they travel as if they were working on their PC at work. On top of the above, I saved buying 50PCs worth of hardware and all the upgrades, etc.

It can never replace the real OS (to the metal) cause there are still uses for PCs and they will always need an OS. It's just a new market for those who need only windows/office apps. After all, some companies already use a similar approach called VDI or Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.

So no worries my good friend @00Proteus00 We will still need you for your builds :p

Last edited:

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
Id switch to Linux full time if MS decided to go 100% cloud. I knew it was a business decision, but figured that in about 5-10 years MS would push for something like this as a permanant solution.

DGrigorescu

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
310.8 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
....and MS$ may fail, like many other times. And what if you have problems with Internet? Or download torrents with maximum speed? No way, at least the base/core most functions needs to remain offline. But for "work from home", especially from a business perspective, may be a good idea.

Baronstragen

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
87.6 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
19 (20)
Member for 6 years
Unfortunately, the last company I worked at used cloud based computing. It was frustrating as hell. Even with over 2 dozen servers located 300KM (180 miles) away, the latency was crap, even with fibreoptic. There is always going to be a delay in cloud computing. Since we were using the servers as databases, it could take up to 10 seconds to retrieve a name from the database.

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
4.9 TB
Uploaded
268 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Honestly, we moved away from "Mainframes" and "Dumb Terminals" for a reason.
I'm just not wild about the idea of going backwards, no matter what they decide to name it or call it.
Storing your stuff in the cloud = saving your stuff on someone else's computer.
Cloud based computing = using someone else's computer. Someone you don't know, on an OS you can't modify or control in any way, and have no idea about the level of monitoring / spyware / Government interception of "keywords" etc.
Paranoia is simply acute awareness.
Look at all the spyware Microsoft currently has in its OS line... then imagine the US Government getting involved...which they already are... but locking down the virtual OS you use in the cloud, so you can do absolutely nothing to circumvent it...perhaps having to sign in with your Social Security card or some level of biomatrix, where your every action, word and thought is being actively tracked and monitored, with absolutely no way to distance yourself and remain anonymous.

DGrigorescu

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
310.8 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I'm doubt that serious companies (e.g. market research, insurance) will use this.

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
88 (103)
Member for 3 years
That is why I switched to Linux around 4-5 years back, but the trouble with current generation looking for cheap material is, they want FREE and FREE costs privacy to be forgone. I do use W10 for some tasks but for most of it I use Mint, Kali, etc. I am with @Charles on this one. Privacy comes first uptil what I can save.