Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Direct Data Wiping Guide for Your Windows + Software

Jonas_Barua

Downloaded
5 GB
Uploaded
8.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
As we are all aware, deleting a file on a modern computer doesn’t really remove the file completely and permanently from your computer. It just merely marks the deleted file’s space on the drive as “vacancy” telling the system that this is free now for storing data in the future. Until these freed-up space gets overwritten by new files, your “deleted” file is in perfect shape being recovered by many data recovery tools out there.

It may not be a big deal if you are the only one using the computer. But it could matter a lot if the computer is shared by a group of people. What’s even worse is that when it’s time for a new computer you just throws out the old computer without wiping out data on the hard drive. Your privacy is in great danger in these two cases.

VS4qv.png

So, what should we do to make sure the files being deleted are permanently gone unrecoverable? And what’s the best practice to completely wipe out old hard drive to make sure nothing left on it before being disposed of?

Let’s check out!

Wiping out files on Windows

As we mentioned above, Windows built-in file deletion doesn’t really permanently delete things. (8.6 MB) is one of the best i highly recommend. It’s free, open-source, fast, and convenient. Most importantly, it works. Once it’s installed, you can just right-click a file or folder you want to really wipe out of your hard drive, go to Eraser, and choose Eraser from the context menu. If the file is locked or opened at the moment, you can choose to Erase on Restart instead.

VS189.png

It also offers many interesting options, such as 13 overwritten methods, ranging from a slow 7-pass to a quick “First/last 16KB Erasure”, which guarantees that nothing will be left to be recovered by other recovery tools. What’s interesting is that it can even overwrite files or free spaces with a list of legitimate files found on your systems.

VSRWE.png

Of course, there are many others that can also do the job pretty well, including the famous Piriform’s CCleaner, and a few others we’ve covered before, Hardwipe, File Secure Free, and Jihosoft Eraser Free.

Wiping out the whole hard drive

Before you throw out your old computer, one thing you have to do is to wipe out the hard drive to make sure nothing on it that can be recovered later on. This tool is good for @vdogeek if it wants to destroy old laptop "Dell":)!

(Darik’s Boot and Nuke-16 MB) is one of the best out there designed for consumer use to prevent identity theft before recycling an old computer. It’s a Free Linux-based self-contained boot disk that automatically deletes the contents of any hard disk that it can detect. It prevents all known techniques of hard disk forensic analysis, a bullet-proof tool for PC.

VSSyd.png

If you have some old hard drives that need to be recycled, you can use (424 MB), the powerful and compact software that allows you to destroy all data on hard drives completely, excluding any possibility of future recovery of deleted files and folders. If you use FDISK, FORMAT utilities, or DELETE standard operating system command for data removal, there is always a chance to recover deleted files (using undelete file or some data recovery software) and use against the owner’s will. We highly recommend you to run this utility for the hard and floppy drives you want to dispose of, recycle, re-use, sell or donate to somebody. Active@ KillDisk conforms to US Department of Defense clearing and sanitizing standard DoD 5220.22-M.

VSn33.png

Active@ KillDisk uses access to the drive’s data on a physical level via BIOS bypassing logical drive structure organization, thus it does not matter what operating systems and file systems located on the machine.
Active@ KillDisk can work with DOS, Windows XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit), Linux, FreeBSD, OpenSolaris Unix, Mac OS X, and others.

Wiping out SSD drives

Due to the unique writing mechanism designed in SSDs, none of the tools listed above will work well when it comes to SSD drives. Some researchers even revealed that the data from the SSD that has been erased is able to be recovered more than half of the times.

VS37M.jpg

The best way to make sure an SSD you gave away or recycle don’t contain any of your personal data is to encrypt it. With a proper software and long enough password, it’s guaranteed that nobody could ever recover your data from an encrypted disk. We have to mention BitLocker since we are talking about the encryption here. It’s a tool that can pretty much do everything, encrypt files to partitions, and to the entire drive, and operating system. BitLocker is a full disk encryption feature included with Microsoft Windows versions starting with Windows Vista.

Conclusion

Now you are aware of the truth of deleting files and hard drives in Windows, and know what to take and use to properly clean up your old computer and hard drive before handing them over to the others, there is no reason left why you should let your own data slipped away anymore. Besides, all the tools we mentioned here don’t cost you a penny to run.

VMXOg.gif

VwGmK.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
43.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
10964 (10964)
Member for 8 years
NIce for info thank you :)

Mirkec

Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
57.6 GB
Uploaded
16 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
83 (96)
Member for 6 years
Nice job professor Jonas indeed, but you forget mentioned BitBleach which is recommended by Hillary Clinton! Safety guarantee. ;)
P.S. I am using Clean Space which has similar options as Eraser plus other utility tools like Glary, CCleaner and...!

Jonas_Barua

Downloaded
5 GB
Uploaded
8.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
"Bolded software titles are also download links"!!!:)

Gollapudi

No time for myself due to work load
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.1 TB
Uploaded
429.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
843 (830)
Member for 7 years
I am loving this thread superb pro info you got..Bookmarked this thread ...My professor ;)
Thank you so much for this marvel :rock:

Alessia_Amelia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.7 TB
Uploaded
50 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Wonderful and insightful info here. Thank you @Jonas_Barua for sharing.

Neville's Haze

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
122.9 GB
Uploaded
280.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
It would be awesome if we had a comprehensive list of file paths that can be safely deleted. Among the many things I'm doing to avoid work is try to write a bat to run BoostSpeed and use Task Manager to run it at a specific time interval. I'm having trouble because if a browser is open I want the bat to auto skip those cookies, but if I get it right it could run at a certain time internal, when any program like a browser is closed, and at bootup. I think if Task Manager is configured right it would be able only run when when CPU resources were below a certain level for those concerned about lag. Just a thought, great post

PanosX

Downloaded
5.6 GB
Uploaded
5.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Thank you very much!!!this program has feature i need one file delete permanty i press eraser?thanks

sy5tem

Downloaded
20 GB
Uploaded
1.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
thank you,
And

file expired cannot be downloaded :(

SVPPBTorrents

Downloaded
11.6 GB
Uploaded
73.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@sy5tem I beleive you can use this software as KillDisk is included in it. A couple of the direct links are down, but anonfile.com, as usual, is still up and reliable.

sy5tem

Downloaded
20 GB
Uploaded
1.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@sy5tem I beleive you can use this software as KillDisk is included in it. A couple of the direct links are down, but anonfile.com, as usual, is still up and reliable.

ALright got it thank you