Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Difference Between Windows 10 Home, Pro, Enterprise, Vl, N Editions

PasMater

šŸ‘‘ Administrator
āš”OS Master
Windows Modifier
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
871.7 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
29 (70)
Member for 9 years

Difference Between Windows 10 Home, Pro, Enterprise, VL, N Editions

htwindows10freshupgrade.jpg

Microsoft releases multiple editions of its Operating Systems like Windows 10. Sometimes it can be quite confusing to check which edition or version suits our needs. In this article, we will discuss about different editions of Windows 10 and know what is Pro, VL and N editions.

Letā€™s discuss each edition one by one so that we can understand the difference among all these Windows 10 editions.

Windows-10-editions-comparison-670x366.jpg

Windows 10 Home
Windows 10 Home mostly comes pre-installed in the laptops you buy. It contains all the major features included in Windows 10 like Cortana, Microsoft Edge, Continuum, universal apps etc. The things missing are mostly related to networking. The home edition canā€™t be joined in a domain and it does not include group policy editor. But you can install group policy editor separately in Windows 10. If you are going to use Windows 10 on your home computer, Windows 10 Home is suitable for you. Other features not included in Windows 10 Home are Bitlocker, Enterprise Mode IE, Remote Desktop and Client Hyper-V.

Windows 10 Pro
Windows 10 Professional edition is mostly used in Office environments where joining a Windows Server domain is required. Windows 10 Pro comes with all the features of Windows 10 Home and features like Group Policy Management, Bitlocker encryption, Remote Desktop, Hyper-V, Azure Active Directory join ability, enterprise data protection, Windows Update for business etc.

Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 Enterprise edition includes all the features of Windows 10 Pro plus additional features like Direct Access, Windows To Go creator, AppLocker, BranchCache, Start Screen control with Group Policy, credential guard, device guard etc.

Windows 10 Mobile
Windows 10 Mobile is designed for smartphones and tablets and includes basic consumer features including Continuum capability.

What does VL stand for?

You will see Windows 10 Enterprise VL editions. VL stands for Volume License. This means that a single license key can be used to activate multiple installations of Windows 10. This is usually used by large enterprises.

N and KN editions

Windows 10 N editions are specifically designed for Europe and Switzerland to comply with the European law. The N stands for Not with Media Player and does not come with Windows Media Player pre-installed.

KN is specially designed for Korean market and does not include Windows Media Player (WMP) and an instant messenger.

Hopefully this gives a brief comparison of all the Windows 10 editions. Wikipedia gives a very good comparison chart and for full detailed comparison, you can read the .

Upcoming: Windows 10 S:

Windows 10 S is a specific configuration of Windows 10 Pro that offers a familiar, productive Windows experience thatā€™s streamlined for security and performance. By exclusively using apps in the Windows Store and ensuring that you browse safely with Microsoft Edge, Windows 10 S keeps you running fast and secure day in and day out.

For more information, please go to .

window10Logo.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncle Mac

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
Thread Edited & Updated. @tomeCar I'm sure you would appreciate new section at bottom. :)

vdogeek

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Good Info Tome! I actually wondered about that :)

markkorsch14

Downloaded
1.8 GB
Uploaded
5.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years

N and KN editions

Windows 10 N editions are specifically designed for Europe and Switzerland to comply with the European law. The N stands for Not with Media Player and does not come with Windows Media Player pre-installed.

KN is specially designed for Korean market and does not include Windows Media Player (WMP) and an instant messenger.

So is Windows Media Player just banned in Europe and Korea for whatever reason? That's interesting.

rekcahm31

Downloaded
7.2 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
i installed Windows 10 pro N, was this a good choice?if just the problem was media player i think its not that important with me..my only purpose is for gaming and everyday use. can this version of windows can do all the job?

arturjrs90

Downloaded
5 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I don't need Enterprise edition features. I like Home edition.

Ahmed Haroon

āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
62.9 GB
Uploaded
465.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
thanks for great information !!
if i have to download N then no problem, VLC Player, POT Player etc. etc. are here and FREE to play our media files :)

The Baron

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I always install Enterprise as .......well its there .............& i can !! , also i loved star trek as a kid ...........something about being in control of my own .........Enterprise lol :rofl:

Rafeek Mohd

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Thank you ..... Great info

Ashmit

Downloaded
33.1 GB
Uploaded
396.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
well explained n to the point . m not lost with abbreviation used in the title.ty

pinkfloyder

pinkfloyder
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
370.8 GB
Uploaded
1.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Great info tomeCar, keep customizing!!

ButchyBear

*GOLD CLASS VIP*
Uploader
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
2.2 GB
Uploaded
2,712.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (13)
Member for 6 years
WDoes the extra Virus protection cause issue for KMS Medicines etc. Or Adobe downloads? With enterprise is ther still a need for a separate ant-virus? Do any Windows 10 editions have a good easily configurable firewall?
Thanks for the time you take out of your day to answer questions like mine! You guys are the Best! TEAM OS rules!

sanjeev353

Downloaded
13.3 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
very useful.;) Thank You

minoshibe

āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
28.6 GB
Uploaded
840.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Thank you for the clear info, after 4 years i found the difference! :h: Thanks!

RedDove

ā­ VIP
Power User
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
118.2 GB
Uploaded
40.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
I always wondered what the different versions of windows was about
and what was the big deal, now I know.
I never even heard of a VL or a S edition.
With this we can make informed decisions on what version
of windows will work best for our needs.

:hi: Thank you.:)

rmc74739

Downloaded
2.2 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Thank you

kailashsonar

Downloaded
14 GB
Uploaded
5.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Nice information...

Brikeno

Downloaded
31.8 GB
Uploaded
906 MB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
thnx for the info

Rcz90

Downloaded
18.3 GB
Uploaded
5.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Nice information. ...verg good.

Kchanna

Downloaded
16.6 GB
Uploaded
8.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Great job clarifying the differences.

ButchyBear

*GOLD CLASS VIP*
Uploader
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
2.2 GB
Uploaded
2,712.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (13)
Member for 6 years
OK, so now I am a little confused, Enterprise now has all the bells and whistles that pro has? It didn't use to, or am I thinking of the LTSC version of Enterprise? I installed the LTSC version of Enterprise a while back and there was no Cortana, for instance, mo big deal, but there were also a lot of other things that were not there and the only web browser it had was internet explorer. So... Just so I am clear is it the LTSC version that has all the differences?
Thanks so much for taking to time to read this and answer it. I Googled it but didn't see any comparisons of the two, I might have entered the search wrong though.
Peace,
BBā˜ø