Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Downloaded software detected as threat, is it false positive or virus, How to remove?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kijane

Downloaded
7 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years

Downloaded Nch video editor from @Tamilkings , i did not even unzip the rar file and i had a virus warning, after a couple of minutes there are these ads popups, i deleted the rar file and there were no pop ups but i think the virus might be embeded somewhere.

The virus name is "Uwasson.A!ml", how the hell do i make sure this threat is completely neautalized.

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Read these pages. They explain why many posts here trigger malware indications.

If you still think that you may have real malware on your system then just do a full system scan from your anti-virus app.

kijane

Downloaded
7 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Read these pages. They explain why many posts here trigger malware indications.

If you still think that you may have real malware on your system then just do a full system scan from your anti-virus app.
This had ads pop ups, the ads where coming up each time frequently , this made me worry

Tamilkings

TeamOS™🌞
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.1 GB
Uploaded
868.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
237 (238)
Member for 3 years
First, you check Virus Total Result then decide to download or not, which results in all false positives.

Further doubt you read the @Charlie_Grimes reply two links.

Mr Grimbahir

🔰 OS Forge Master - May he rest in peace 🔰
âš¡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
108.9 GB
Uploaded
18.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
52 (76)
Member for 4 years
The programs here are virus free. If an AV strikes an alarm, in most case it is a false alarm. Anyway, check the virus tool result and decide for yourself. IMO, I always trust our applications.

YZigrin

Downloaded
39.8 GB
Uploaded
5.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
On wirustotal, I have already seen the torrent files checked or the installation itself without what the vitamin contains. But it's true, I haven't found a virus yet, only false positive, forewarned is forearmed.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
I know that he has had very little participation here, but he is registered since 2019 and he still doesn't know that?

Will we have to put back the warning that we put before that "download and install the software at your own risk" ? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.