Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Epson XP-640 Printer Resetter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidyaarthi

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
146.5 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hello,

My Epson XP-640 printer has stopped working with the message: The ink-pad service life is over. Contact Epson support. Epson support says that they won't handle repair issues beyond the warranty period. They sent a list of repair outlets. It would cost $125 (about what I paid for the unit on eBay!) and requires two trips of more than 35 miles -- once to drop it off and then again to collect it.

I mainly use the printer as a scanner. The only printing I do on it is to print labels on the DVDs I've burned. I have a laser printer for my printing needs. Now I can't use the Epson printer as a scanner even.

If I am reluctant to go to the suggested repair shops, it looks like I have two alternatives:

1. YouTube has some videos showing how to replace the ink-pads; it is not too difficult; one only needs to buy fairly inexpensive material; then all it needs is a screw-driver. But the problem is this: after doing the repairs, you need a "resetting" software to re-set the print count. Epson doesn't supply any such software. You have to buy it online.

2. If you have the resetting software, you can just use it to reset the count without doing any repair! The printer will function for a long time; and, of course, you can keep using it as a scanner.

In either case, you'd need the software. There's a company called WIC that sells it. Also many others on the Internet. Of course, none of it is certified by Epson. Some say that they'll send a code when you pay, but it's a "one time" use code. Some say, the code will work on only one PC. Many of them advertise on YouTube. The comments are mixed; some say it worked for them and some others say it didn't.

Interestingly, it is easy to get the "reset" software for Epson L series. But not for other kinds of printers.

I'd appreciate any constructive suggestion. A link to a working software would be ideal. :)

TIA.

V

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
I know it's not the answer you're needing, but today multifunctions are very cheap, my friend. Finding that software you need is not easy, it may work for me and not for you. You yourself have said that they grant a "single-use" code.
Anyway I'll PM you what I found.
I wish you the best of luck.

shauru

Downloaded
58.7 GB
Uploaded
21.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
for your printer xp 600 https://bit.ly/3AOVLA7 password thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Harry Hole

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
460 GB
Uploaded
2.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Last couple of years I have always had trouble with the drivers for epson not the same problem as @Vidyaarthi I know but Vuescan always comes to the rescue with the scanner :)

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
check for link in the PM.

Vidyaarthi

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
146.5 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Thanks a lot. shauru.
I have downloaded it. Will try it later and report on the results.
You guys are great!

V

Vidyaarthi

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
146.5 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Thanks a lot. I've downloaded it. I hope it'll work for XP -640 also. Will try and report. "thanks" is an interesting password!

You guys are great!

Vidyaarthi

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
146.5 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
check for link in the PM.
Thanks a lot, PsyTom. That's a very good website to know for all kinds of issues with all brands of printers.

V

PS: The site he suggested is: the-inkstore dot co dot uk

Status
Not open for further replies.