Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked External wifi adapter not working on Android x86 ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suvam4549

Downloaded
5.1 GB
Uploaded
6.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
So I am using a desktop and the motherboard has no built in support for any wireless technology i.e. wifi or bluetooth. Since it's a H55 motherboard back from 2009, it makes total sense. So I bought a USB wifi adapter from TP-Link and plugged it in and voila I am connected to wifi on Windows 10. Now, I want to use Android on Desktop but none of the Android x86 builds recognize this external adapter despite being based on the Linux kernel.. :( Till now, I have tried Remix OS, Phoenix OS, Android x86 & Bliss OS. Since I don't have access to wired internet (Ethernet) and Android doesn't support USB tethering to another Android system, I am left with no way to use Android on PC. Please help!
Ofc on Linux mint, it recognizes the adapter and works flawlessly.. So there's nothing wrong with the adapter.
My specs:
Processor- Core i3 530
RAM- SK Hynix 4 GB
Mobo- DH55TC
Wireless Adapter- TL-WN725N
Please help me solve this issue so that I can access internet on Android Desktop..

canardo

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Drivers are missing, go to device manager and sort this out.

Is there even a device manager on Android ?

Suvam4549

Downloaded
5.1 GB
Uploaded
6.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Drivers are missing, go to device manager and sort this out.

Is there even a device manager on Android ?
No. The drivers are supposed to be included in the kernel. I never installed any driver on Linux... so.. no Android doesn't have any device manager XD

I made a mistake in my reply above. I meant all the drivers come preinstalled.. not necessarily included in the kernel.

LauRoman

Downloaded
6.5 GB
Uploaded
168.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
You ahould probably check the site where you downloaded the port from to see what exact kernel it is using and then check the build log for that kernel to see what wifi drivers it has, or ask the builder/dev what wifi drivers that kernel supports.

You should also try and find out exactly what wifi chipset that usb dongle is using. There are cases where some wifi chipsets are not supported (due to licensing issues) under linux. If you are lucky (and also use a wired internet link) some of those drivers appear under "aditional drivers" in some distributions like ubuntu.

Also, if you can, you should probably try and run that x86 Android port in emulation, using specific software like bluestacks or in an vm like virtualbox or vmware. Most OSes do have drivers for virtual devices provided by those vm managers

I made a mistake in my reply above. I meant all the drivers come preinstalled.. not necessarily included in the kernel.
Let me firs say that i have no real clue how many wifi drivers Android includes, but it is probably fair to say only a handfull and probably centers around supporting those in phone SOC so probably stuff from qualcomm/atheros and the like. They probably do not port every wifi driver to it in an effort to keep a small footprint. They might also not have licensing rights to port it.
Note. It may or may not be different now, but it is fair to say that broadcomm has had, hiatorically, no or very few opensource drivers for linux or similarly licensed software and you used to have to install them manually.
So it might also be an issue of a not supported dongle.

Suvam4549

Downloaded
5.1 GB
Uploaded
6.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
You ahould probably check the site where you downloaded the port from to see what exact kernel it is using and then check the build log for that kernel to see what wifi drivers it has, or ask the builder/dev what wifi drivers that kernel supports.

You should also try and find out exactly what wifi chipset that usb dongle is using. There are cases where some wifi chipsets are not supported (due to licensing issues) under linux. If you are lucky (and also use a wired internet link) some of those drivers appear under "aditional drivers" in some distributions like ubuntu.

Also, if you can, you should probably try and run that x86 Android port in emulation, using specific software like bluestacks or in an vm like virtualbox or vmware. Most OSes do have drivers for virtual devices provided by those vm managers
Realtek RTL8188CUS chipset it is. It's definitely supported by the mainline kernel, even in the 3.xx series.. VMs are not an option for me. Please have a look at my specs!!

Mr. Spacely

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11319 (11319)
Member for 8 years