Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Torrent FBConan's RetroGameStation (Portable)

FBConan

⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
9 GB
Uploaded
29.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
149 (116)
Member for 3 years
PWYpzD.png

FBConan's RetroGameStation (Portable)
PWbd5D.png

INTRO:
I'm a BIG BIG Fan of Retro Gaming. The memories, the simplicity, the fun. And certainly challenging! some of those old games have horrible mechanics and physics that almost make it impossible to beat! lol

A few years back, I bought a couple Raspberry Pi 3B's to tinker with, and decided to learn to make my own RetroPie images from scratch, which was a huge undertaking, as I'd never used Linux before. A couple months and many sleepless nights later, I learned enough to build an image that I was satisfied with. One great thing RetroPie has going for it, is the beautiful front end loader for your games. Screenshots, descriptions, video if you want (which I have in my own personal Pi images). Stuff that is hard to come by on PC's. So I'd like to share just a taste of what the Raspberry Pi experience is like, for all interested members.

DESCRIPTION:
This is a portable collection of retro games from multiple systems, that I put together in a custom build with a Comic Book inspired style GUI interface, Screenshots and information provided for almost every game included, and contains a hand picked selection of SNES (158 Games) and Arcade (84 games), and full US game collections in GameBoy, TG16, and NES (systems I love, but don't need to handpick because they take up so little space), for just over 1500 Games in total. I would call this an 'introductory pack' as far as the included games are concerned, as my personal builds made for the Raspberry Pi are full 32GB and 64GB images, but it's enough to give you a fair example and taste of what can be offered.

Arcade games are the hardest to set up properly, as different emulators are required by different cabinets, but I made sure to only include games that I tested and was able to run using the MAME2010 libretro core emulator.

INSTRUCTIONS:
To load the RetroGameStation, just run the 'launch_portable.bat' file.
I have preconfigured it for an XBOX One controller, so it should work perfectly fine with a 360 or series X controller as well.
If not, you will have to remap.
The B button moves forward, A button moves back in the emulationStation Menu.
Start opens options menu in emulationStation, where you can safely choose to quit, and shutdown system.
Games are run by RetroArch ver 1.9.1 with updated LibRetro Cores.
When your game is running, F1 enters RetroArch Settings, F2 Saves Game State, and F4 loads game state.
Hit escape twice to close game and return to the EmulationStation FrontEnd Game Browser.
All systems are preconfigured for the xbox controller, and XBR shading is applied to enhance graphics.

**When playing arcade games, select button inserts coins, start button starts the game**

**You will need to have the Visual C++ Runtimes installed for this to work**
(You will get missing *.dll warnings if you don't have them installed)

**WARNING**:
There are two games in the Arcade folder that contain mild cartoon nudity, if this is offensive to you, or you are setting this up for your kids to use, or you ARE a kid, delete the files 'galpanis.zip' and 'galpansu.zip' in the .emulationstation\roms\arcade folder. The galpani4.zip game contains no nudity. You can find far far worse than what is portayed here on the net, so I hope members realize this and understand this wasn't meant to offend, and I offer fair warning. I personally don't take offense to it, and don't think the games needed to have it, but I do enjoy the style of game that they are, which is why I included them.

MORE INFO:
I've also included an icon file 'RetroArch.ico' in the main folder, if you want to right click on the 'launch_portable.bat' file and make a shortcut for it that looks nice, you can use this icon that I've included if you would like.

Being portable, you can put it wherever you like, but I highly recommend you extract it to your root folder, or to a simple named folder, ie 'Games' with no brackets, dashes, dots, etc, EmulationStation DOES NOT like this, and probably wont run!

This was set up to be windowed at 1280 x 720 on a 1080p display, if you need to change the dimension for a 4k display, you can edit the .bat file and change the emulation station window size, and when the game loads, just drag the screen edges of the retroarch window to make your running game image larger, and it should save the new drag and drop resized dimensions you want.

I hope you guys enjoy this fun fresh build, and get into some hidden gems that put smiles on your faces!

**FIX FOR GAMES NOT LAUNCHING INFO**
Only Arcade games loading for you? Luckily there is an EASY Fix!
DO THIS:

Go to the folder: RetroGameStation\.emulationstation\systems\RetroArch\
and create a new folder called '
temp'

Then, open the file in the RetroArch folder called '
retroarch.cfg' in notepad, and change the text in line 55 from:
cache_directory = "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp"
to
cache_directory = ":\temp"

That's it! All systems, and games should work afterwards. And it should keep the custom settings like shader, bilinear filter, system controller remaps, etc.

Thanks to @Ka3BuiL for help with the .cfg settings

PWWHoq.png

PWWJ1W.png

PWWIwQ.png

PWWrAh.png

PWb9pj.png

PWWyer.png

PWbQvo.png

Last edited:
  • Created With:
    uTorrent/2210
    Comment:
    Downloaded From https://www.teamos-hkrg.com/
    Peers:
    7 Seeders + 0 Leechers = 7 Peers
    Last Announced
    Info Hash:
    2ec35aaa06d207874e8bce50f109905878f503ee
  • Loading…

Lahorie

Banned
Downloaded
342.2 MB
Uploaded
155.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Awesome torrent!!!! Brings back some old memories of childhood. Thanks for sharing.

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
225.3 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
This is incredible ❤️❤️❤️

only-vision

Banned
Downloaded
37.1 GB
Uploaded
2.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Why size so big if it retro games,should be like 20-40mb emulator plus 16bit games ..1gb is so massive...btw can't u change name lunch portable to like start-game or game.exe with icon not bat file icon...u did amazing job

billybob62

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
394.4 GB
Uploaded
732.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Sweet share FBConan! I remember in the 80's playing some of these! Thanks and will SEED.

Light_Eater

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
768.3 GB
Uploaded
111 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hope to find Alien vs Predator by Capcom,
it would be sweet to try this game after so many years.
Thank you very much @FBConan

shilbalam

Downloaded
477.8 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Thank you very much @FBConan

Alessia_Amelia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.7 TB
Uploaded
50 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
This is going to be a lot of fun @FBConan. A wonderful share, thank you.

DonLino04

Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
321.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
can i run this on android cellphone?

alquimico

Downloaded
121.5 GB
Uploaded
59.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
amazing fun man, thanks a lot!

chrumcio

Downloaded
24.2 GB
Uploaded
151.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Awesome!... Thanks for sharing :rock:
Thank you very much @FBConan :rock:

MOULAALI

Downloaded
124.3 GB
Uploaded
737.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Thank you for sharing this legacy games of old gold era

Ka3BuiL

Downloaded
103.8 GB
Uploaded
701.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
An awesome heart-warming idea & thanks for sharing. However, even with following instructions, games doesn't run (with the exception of Arcade/MAME Games). Maybe settings files needs some quotations ""?

keyur380

Downloaded
10.1 GB
Uploaded
4.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Not any game Launch just only flash try all app launch but not any game run , home page see only.

netikjoshi98

Downloaded
28.6 GB
Uploaded
39.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Thanks for sharing
Childhood is back :)

FBConan

⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
9 GB
Uploaded
29.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
149 (116)
Member for 3 years
An awesome heart-warming idea & thanks for sharing. However, even with following instructions, games doesn't run (with the exception of Arcade/MAME Games). Maybe settings files needs some quotations ""?
Not any game Launch just only flash try all app launch but not any game run , home page see only.
Hey guys, and to ALL interested downloaders, GREAT NEWS, (and good timing too) I tried migrating the .7z file to my kids computer, and tried running it, and had the same issues.

BUT there is an EASY fix luckily:

and DELETE the file called 'retroarch.cfg'

Then simply run the launch_portable bat file, and all games will run!

I can breathe a sigh of relief as well, I thought maybe somehow the 7z compression was corrupted, since there are over 14,000 files in it.

I will update the 1st post in thread with the info too, let me know if it works for you guys as well, as it did for me (you may have to change settings in RetroArch after deleting the config file, if you want to add a shader, filtering, change aspect ratio etc.)

Last edited:

ballyboy

Downloaded
246.2 GB
Uploaded
1.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
This looks amazing buddy, and i too love some good old retro gaming, i currently use Launcbox with individual emulators, and Retroarch as a back up with all the cores loaded, will give yours a try out as it looks so cool, many thanks @FBConan, a genuis at work

Ka3BuiL

Downloaded
103.8 GB
Uploaded
701.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Hey guys, and to ALL interested downloaders, GREAT NEWS, (and good timing too) I tried migrating the .7z file to my kids computer, and tried running it, and had the same issues.

BUT there is an EASY fix luckily:

and DELETE the file called 'retroarch.cfg'

Then simply run the launch_portable bat file, and all games will run!

I can breathe a sigh of relief as well, I thought maybe somehow the 7z compression was corrupted, since there are over 14,000 files in it.

I will update the 1st post in thread with the info too, let me know if it works for you guys as well, as it did for me (you may have to change settings in RetroArch after deleting the config file, if you want to add a shader, filtering, change aspect ratio etc.)

Quick fix works ??, but avoidable by doing some changes within "retroarch.cfg" , that won't only stop repeating this issue again, especially when moving the folder between different PCs, but also confirms the means of true portablity. This can be done by:
File:\RetroGameStation\.emulationstation\systems\RetroArch\retroarch.cfg
Line 55:
cache_directory = ":\temp"
Line 2932:

playlist_portable_paths = "true"

We'll need to create a new folder "temp" within RetroArch (:\RetroGameStation\.emulationstation\systems\RetroArch\temp)

Performance stuttering (if happens) can be fixed by changing the next:
Line 15:
audio_driver = "dsound"
Line 3123:

video_threaded = "true"

If we want to start EmulationStation into Full mode, we can create a new .bat file (launch_portable_full.bat for example) (in folder :\RetroGameStation), & add the next content into it:

set HOME=%~dp0
emulationstation.exe

To make easier for everyone, please download the file & extract it within the same place of RetroGameStation folder, overwrite files once notified.

PS: I'm using
to make my life easier ?

Last edited:

Ka3BuiL

Downloaded
103.8 GB
Uploaded
701.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Thanks, I was aware that you could adjust settings in the config file to fix the issues, but I was providing a quick fix that all users could easily do, but thanks for elaborating on this. I had this build set up with an older version of RetroArch that COULD be moved to any directory, drive, folder, etc. without issue, I only recently updated this build to RetroArch 1.9.1 (the current version) and realized after posting it, they made some changes to it, but luckily it's not hard to fix :). thanks again.
It was my pleasure to support this lovely work & I wish we could collaborate in the next version, I have some good ideas & enthusiasm ?

FBConan

⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
9 GB
Uploaded
29.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
149 (116)
Member for 3 years
My personal emulation station setup for my pc has about 15 systems.. 16 GB, full video previews for all games etc.. lol. But yeah, it could be fun. I love the way retropie on the Raspberry Pi is set up, but I'd rather use it on my PC for portability reasons.. There's a few features missing on the PC ported emulation station, like background music, favorites, collections etc.. but it is still far better and easier to use than having separate emulators with no screen shots.. IMO. And I gotta say, I'm REALLY impressed how well most of the libretro cores handle the emulation.. Super Mario World has never run smoother for me than this in this current build.. which is a game that is notoriously hard to emulate with proper fluidity. :). (and is one of my personal favorite games)

I was just playing on this exact version, Adventure Island II for NES with my 4 year old in fact. Good stuff.