Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Fps drop while streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenzaki

Downloaded
63.8 GB
Uploaded
23.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hello, homies out there! Can I ask your suggestion about OBS? Even I set the settings to lower when I go live in facebook the fps still drops, stutters and much more although I'm using prepaid wifi. Can anyone suggest what suites with my pc settings? Or should I change the operating system to win7?

PC Specs:

Processor: i5 9th Gen
Mobo: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0
Operating System: Windows 11 (Ghost Spectre)
Peripherals:
120 ssd
1tb hdd
Graphics: 2gb Gt 710

All comments and suggestion are appreaciated.

LauRoman

Downloaded
6.5 GB
Uploaded
168.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
You are using obs while you game or whatever... fps will drop whatever you do.

A way to efficiently mitigate that is to use something like nvenc to record videos. I don't think nvenc is supportes by the gt 710 and the lowest supported card you could reliably use is the 750ti.

So there is no free way to STOP fps from going down that doesn't require hardware expenses, be they a new gpu, or a capture card and/or secondary PC.

Megaraider

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
24.7 GB
Uploaded
133.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
You might want to check OBS homepage > wiki > Troubleshooting
> Hardware Performance > Performance and Encoding Issues &
> Stream Performance > Dropped Frames

Since OBS is a very CPU-intensive operation (and GPU) use common apps to debug and locate what is slowing you down:
e.g.: the well known, and free, 'Process Explorer' from sysinternals;

Also make sure your WiFi connection is able to handle the internet traffic... (from start i would seriously recommend a LAN cable connection to the ONT/router)!

Gifted_Dynasty

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
322.6 GB
Uploaded
7.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
get a new GPU with at least 4GB VRAM and you'll be sorted out

kenzaki

Downloaded
63.8 GB
Uploaded
23.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
You are using obs while you game or whatever... fps will drop whatever you do.

A way to efficiently mitigate that is to use something like nvenc to record videos. I don't think nvenc is supportes by the gt 710 and the lowest supported card you could reliably use is the 750ti.

So there is no free way to STOP fps from going down that doesn't require hardware expenses, be they a new gpu, or a capture card and/or secondary PC.
I chose it then said need to update drivers, but my drivers are updated to latest version.

You might want to check OBS homepage > wiki > Troubleshooting
> Hardware Performance > Performance and Encoding Issues &
> Stream Performance > Dropped Frames

Since OBS is a very CPU-intensive operation (and GPU) use common apps to debug and locate what is slowing you down:
e.g.: the well known, and free, 'Process Explorer' from sysinternals;

Also make sure your WiFi connection is able to handle the internet traffic... (from start i would seriously recommend a LAN cable connection to the ONT/router)!
I checked it and adjusted the process point from task manager although im using prepaid connection only. I only use apowermirror only and mirror my phone to pc

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
@kenzaki There are 3 ways to capture your screen and stream it.
1. Using your own PC and a hardware codec
2. Using your PC and software codec
3. Using another PC or capture device.

* You don't have option No1 because your graphic card (gt 710) does not have the NvEnc chip and doesn't matter which driver you use after 457 because 710 is not supported anymore.
* You can use option No2 but as the people aid above me, it has a cost as now you use your own CPU (software) for 2 different things at the same time and a CPU can only do so many things, especially when they are demanding. If you stream a game, use lower resolution and/or settings and use lower capture quality... or both. I can't say more here, as I don't know what settings you use with OBS (or any capture software) but the wrong settings can really make the PC dead slow.
* You can use another PC/Laptop (from a friend for example) for just capturing and streaming or buy a better graphic card. You don't even need a 4GB as suggested above, you can get a used GT 640 or GTX 750 as the bare minimum, that does support the NVenc. In any case, you can check on the net which cards do support Nvenc.

Other than that there is nothing else that can be done. It's not a software issue (OBS or other software) it's just that your hardware can't support that.
Sorry for the bad news and hope you will make this work.

The thread will close.

Status
Not open for further replies.