Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Game on RDP on vmWare

Nic410

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
267.1 GB
Uploaded
20.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I'm not a "gamer" but I like playing every so often.
So I got me a gaming laptop but I use it to run vmWare to run PCs I use for work.
I remote in to the laptop and can use the big monitor on my PC.
Tried to run the game ( TF2 ) on the laptop, running the game on a vm an is all good.
I tried the same, but now from RDP in my local network, but the mouse ... the mouse is not good.

Any of you have a workaround other than plugin another mouse to the laptop to not use the RDP one, given that I'm 3 feet away from the remote desktop ?

...in future questions below, there will be scenarios to change the one I present, but I'd like to play the game in the VM and remote in to the hardware. I'm not "opening an umbrella in case it rains", I know that the first help is likely to be how to avoid creating this "problem" to start with.

Ronsonious

Downloaded
27.9 GB
Uploaded
502.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
There's a program called Parsec. I'm not sure if work will allow you to install it though. Is the VM domain joined?

I've found that FPS games in general are sensitive to latency (something RDP and remote control in general introduces). If you stick to turned based strategy games, you'll have a much easier time managing it.

In addition. I hope you're not just port-forwarding the RDP port to your laptop from your home router. That would leave your computer quite vulnerable to attack.

Nic410

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
267.1 GB
Uploaded
20.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
There's a program called Parsec.
Cool, I'll look into it.
What I ended up doing is creating a limited user, and run the game from that user, so any risk is limited to a non-admin user. So the RDP/VM as a gaming setup is not something I'd care to use anymore BUT, I'll look at
Parsec, when I get my muse thinking of that setup again. :)
Thanks for your post @Ronsonious .