Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Good USB for exFAT/FAT32

Status
Not open for further replies.

xDaemon

Downloaded
47.6 GB
Uploaded
903.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I am sorry for the stupid question, but can some one tell me is there difference in speed between USB Flash Drive 3.0 and USB Flash Drive 2.0 for exFAT/FAT32 and/or ext4 file system?

Thanks in advance!

Gorstak

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
291.2 GB
Uploaded
112.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Usb 3 is faster then 2, but you both need usb 3 port, usb 3 drivers and usb 3 flash drive. Filesystem doesn't play that big of a role. FAT32 can hold files up to 4GB in size, while exfat will allow for larger files. FAT32 formatted flash drive is immediatelly bootable, while exfat or ntfs would have to be worked on with bootsect.exe to make them bootable. Ext4 is a linux filesystem.
If you need suggestion which drive to buy, PNY is cheap and made in usa, although they don't make them very fast.

xDaemon

Downloaded
47.6 GB
Uploaded
903.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I want to use that USB with persistence :)

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
Maybe this will help...

ANY USB drive will suffice. If you use USB 2.0 your speeds wont be as fast as USB 3.x, however, ALL USB drives are made to backwards compatible, so a USB 3.1 drive plugged into USB 2.0 will work fine, BUT will only run at USB 2.0 speeds. I try to match my sticks with the CURRENT USB my computer has. I still have USB 1.0 drives and they work FINE in both USB 2.0/3.x sockets. However, USB 1.0/2.0 Drive will ONLY run at it's native speed. So, USB 2.0 will always run at 2.0 speeds regardless of which socket its plugged into, even USB 3.x sockets.

Hope that made sense....

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,398.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
Maybe this will help...

ANY USB drive will suffice. If you use USB 2.0 your speeds wont be as fast as USB 3.x, however, ALL USB drives are made to backwards compatible, so a USB 3.1 drive plugged into USB 2.0 will work fine, BUT will only run at USB 2.0 speeds. I try to match my sticks with the CURRENT USB my computer has. I still have USB 1.0 drives and they work FINE in both USB 2.0/3.x sockets. However, USB 1.0/2.0 Drive will ONLY run at it's native speed. So, USB 2.0 will always run at 2.0 speeds regardless of which socket its plugged into, even USB 3.x sockets.

Hope that made sense....
My opinion.... There is not fast USB what do you want to gain 1 minute or 30 seconds? The PC must be fast and everything else will be fast if the PC is slow everything will be slow.

Last edited:

xDaemon

Downloaded
47.6 GB
Uploaded
903.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Thank you all for your time and answers ;)

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio