Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrJamesReed

Downloaded
1.1 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Has this site been hacked or something? I have been using this site for years and every time I click on something it takes me to a spam site. I have to click the link like 10 times to get to what I'm actually looking for. Then I'm trying to download the newest adobe acrobat pro and it says it was uploaded in November. I get new versions all the time and they are usually uploaded within a few days. I downloaded a RAR file from here which has __snitin068 attached to the end. I've never seen anything like this on this site. I've never seen redirects to spam. I've never had to click on links 10 times to get to them. All the latest uploads show they were uploaded within a day or two. The one I'm trying to get now is listed below and it says it was uploaded on No , which seems a long way away from the latest update that I got a few weeks ago (I got a new computer and got new version). So, can someone explain what's going on? I've never had to have an adblocker for this site.

DrJamesReed

Downloaded
1.1 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Plus I've never seen __snitin068 attached to the end of any of the files I've got here. It's usually only team OS or something. Everything on this site has just seemed weird for the past few weeks. Just looking for an explanation and can't find anything on the internet.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
@DrJamesReed , I share my personal case, although staff already know it because we have discussed it privately.
Currently there are certain advertisements targeting sites that my AV detects as "Scam".
I use ABP to block advertisements and I am taking the task of adding the detected URLs one by one to my AV's blacklist.
Hope these tips can help you.

P.S.
I share the URLs that my AV has detected and I have blacklisted them:
Code:
dateddeed.com
sacredperpetratorbasketball.com
softballwaiting.com
censumiles.com
hairoak.com
submissionhunk.com
lousebankroll.com
exportspring.com
ponderousmuffled.com
umbrellaomendear.com
jollytestpartying.com

Result:

site_blocked.md.png

site_blocked2.md.png

Conclusion: It is a tedious task but it works. :)

Please, gentlemen, Moderators and Administrators, do not close or block this thread, so I can continue adding more URLs as I detect them.
In the same way, other users can also contribute theirs and we all benefit.
The forum does not lose by removing advertising and users can continue browsing in a calm and safe way as we have always done throughout these years.

Last edited:

MniawY

• STAFF™ 🌟
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
Downloaded
156.5 GB
Uploaded
51 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
104 (102)
Member for 7 years
Plus I've never seen __snitin068 attached to the end of any of the files I've got here
Snitin068 is a Moderator Here : @Mr. Edward
He Just Attached His Name on The End of The File Title So This is not a Problem At All

Did You Try Using ?
[1] Adblock
[2] Adblock Plus
[3] Bypasss Add block Detection For Chrome

Code:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-%E2%80%94-best-ad-blocker/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus-free-ad-bloc/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bypass-adblock-detection/lppagnomjcaohgkfljlebenbmbdmbkdj

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
I have added 4 Scam URLs to the list:

Code:
exportspring.com
ponderousmuffled.com
umbrellaomendear.com
jollytestpartying.com

So that this thread does not get long with so many responses and content is lost, I will edit my previous post to continue adding future URLs. :)

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Guys... get adblockers... I use Adblock and Ublock Origin, Voila! No ads no redirects... this is with Firefox ;)

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
Guys... get adblockers... I use Adblock and Ublock Origin, Voila! No ads no redirects... this is with Firefox ;)

Thanks for sharing such helpful advice. :)
As I mentioned I use Adblock Plus for chrome.
I did not know uBlock Origin, looking for info I found it for Chrome users:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=es

I'll see to try it, I don't want to continue adding so many add-ons to my Chrome because each one of them opens a different process in the Task Manager, affecting the PC performance (CPU & RAM) ;)

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Thanks for sharing such helpful advice. :)
As I mentioned I use Adblock Plus for chrome.
I did not know uBlock Origin, looking for info I found it for Chrome users:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=es

I'll see to try it, I don't want to continue adding so many add-ons to my Chrome because each one of them opens a different process in the Task Manager, affecting the PC performance (CPU & RAM) ;)
Just one note... from what I understand is that Adblock Plus is actually worse than simple Adblock... that's why I never switched to it ;)

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
Just one note... from what I understand is that Adblock Plus is actually worse than simple Adblock... that's why I never switched to it ;)

I did not know that, I got used to the functionality of blocking elements manually and I have always trusted ABP. Very good data to consider, uninstall ABP and give Adblock a try. Thanks a lot! :D

P.S.

I just uninstalled Adblock Plus and I am testing uBlock Origin, you are right @vdogeek , this last plugin works a thousand times better than ABP. :party:

Last edited:

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Feels like the original user whom started this thread has not said a word.... @DrJamesReed ... any comments before we close this thread?

*TheBeast*

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
947.2 MB
Uploaded
149.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
As everyone else has mentioned it is best to "always" use an Adblocker. I use Ublock Origin AND Adguard* both which may be overkill but i have not seen any type of advertisements on Teamos in years. It is best to always use an adblocker though no matter what because some sites Have Malicious ADS > ones that can have script viruses and stuff in them so if you don't use an adblocker your leaving your computer wide open to getting infected with whatever the AD may try and Inject.

I am not saying any ADS of TEAMOS are malicious just stating that without using a decent Adblocker if there is a Malicious AD that downloads things to your computer on any website your basically leaving yourself wide open to be infected! therefore ADblocker is Always!! a good idea.

If i turn my Adblocker off and go to a Random fishy website my antivirus has actually popped up before saying it blocked viruses trying to download into my browsers internet cache through ADS. So not blocking the ADS leaves you wide open and also not having a decent antivirus also leaves you DOUBLE wide open.

DGrigorescu

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
316 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
TeamOS makes money from ads, no? So maybe the best option is TeamOS to display less annoying ads and no redirects rather than blocking. The sites needs ads. Nothing can be completely free. If everybody will block ads and nobody donating or being VIP this site will be closed. Of course this will not happen.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
Feels like the original user whom started this thread has not said a word.... @DrJamesReed ... any comments before we close this thread?
I believe that this issue is more than debated, solutions have been offered to block URLs with AV, the excellent ad blocker uBlock Origin has been shared ... if the original user does not give their opinion in 24 hours ... I think It is time to close this thread. It is my humble opinion... :)

aniota

Downloaded
238.9 GB
Uploaded
7.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Just use ublock origin and enable some filters

Sharrow

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
367.4 GB
Uploaded
587.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
uBlock origin has worked perfectly for me thusfar...

1ntr0v3rt3ch

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
499 GB
Uploaded
148.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
+100 for uBlock Origin, I used it all in my browsers.

velenson

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
176.5 GB
Uploaded
1,019.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
This happened to me recently! Once I installed a new Os on my lappy, I decided to log on to this site to download some basic software. Well, each time I typed the URL, the site would automatically be redirected to the spam sites. It didn't even allow me to log into my account. Luckily, I had an ad-blocker downloaded in advance. Thanks to that i was able to log in.

The surprising thing is, once I have logged in, the site no longer redirected, even without the ad-blocker. To log into Team-Os, I need an ad-blocker. Without that, It's not possible.

M

Mr. Zsky

Py1Yzv.jpg

@DrJamesReed Nothing is Hacked..!! As you can see its clearly an adware, as @MniawY @vdogeek @juanamm suggested you just need a good adblocker nothing else...

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11485 (11485)
Member for 8 years
Most use Adblock Plus and / or Ublock Origin. I haven't had one single issue ever. No need for this thread to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.