Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Hit & Run during Global Freeleech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LodeUnknown

Downloaded
21.8 GB
Uploaded
45.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
A while back before the very unfortunate data loss this website was dealt, I was hunting for a piece of software and found it in a BIG 1GB+ pack of apps, this was during the global freeleech period that is still going on at the time of this post. I was told that any app-packs up to a certain size don't give you a hit & run penalty, so I cherry picked from it, and after all was said and done I deleted the torrent from my download list and paid it no mind. two or so days later, still in this global freeleech period, I got a hit & run notice, and double checked, and saw the hit & run penalty, so I spent some bonus points to zap it

.....maybe some rules changed about the global freeleech that I didnt read up on, maybe something about the no hit & run penalty on big app packs was changed/lied about, I don't know, but my question is: why did I get a hit & run penalty when everything else I learned at the time said I shouldn't have?

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
679.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Global freeleech means your downloads wont count in your ratio.. but it doesnt mean you can avoid seeding your torrents.. seeding torrent for minimum 3days still applies to avoid hit & Runs..

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
""I was told that any app-packs up to a certain size don't give you a hit & run penalty, so I cherry picked from it, and after all was said and done I deleted the torrent from my download list and paid it no mind"""

Who told you this please and Im going to say that Global Freeleech which will end 10 days is Completely seperate from our Hit and Run policy.

Also what is the url to this Big 1GB Package

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
43.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
10979 (10979)
Member for 8 years
@LodeUnknown You said it here. >> I deleted the torrent from my download list and paid it no mind. Freeleech doesn't excuse you from seeding. You need to seed. Why does everyone want to do minimum instead of just seed?

LodeUnknown

Downloaded
21.8 GB
Uploaded
45.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
""I was told that any app-packs up to a certain size don't give you a hit & run penalty, so I cherry picked from it, and after all was said and done I deleted the torrent from my download list and paid it no mind"""

Who told you this please and Im going to say that Global Freeleech which will end 10 days is Completely seperate from our Hit and Run policy.

Also what is the url to this Big 1GB Package
Source Torrent:
As for the person who informed me of this:

Granted im making this assumption with very little sleep and too much caffeine, so if the final word is im a potato and I did a wrong, then I did a wrong and I wont refute it further

johnnydorayme

Downloaded
44.9 GB
Uploaded
620 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
got this bookmarked, love to see the outcome after reading the post above

mosie

Downloaded
42.8 GB
Uploaded
125.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I misunderstood also......only got 5 hit and runs though....not the 40....lol ouch...

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Obviously, there is a misunderstanding about how and when hit and run applies, and how freeleech works. Download rules are clearly stated in our torrent guides and that should be the only source of information.

So to make it clear, any torrent with a total size below 50MB doesn't count for hit and run. Note the word... torrent, as in the total size of a torent, not partially downloading from a larger torrent (cherry-picking as you call it), not whatever the user downloaded and then changed their mind, etc. If the torrent is larger than 50 MB, you have to download and seed, or you will get a hit and run. I mean technically that's what you did, you hit (downloaded) and run (didn't seed), regardless if you partially downloaded something. Having said that, it's not the end of the world. If you dont want or cant seed, you can zap it using seed bonus points or you uploaded GB credit.

Freeleech is when the size of data you downloaded (leech) from a torrent, doesn't count on your downloaded credit. That does not exclude you from needing to seed back tho, it is meant to help you fix your ratio. Why is it not excluded from seeding? Well, if everyone ONLY downloaded and did not help seed the torrent... there would be no one to download the torrent from in the 1st place.

Why are things like this way? That is a different subject with both technical and principal considerations, but all you need to know, for now, is that this is how things are.

1. if you download a torrent above 50MB you have to seed it or zap it
2. If it's freeleech it just won't count as downloaded data and won't affect your ratio negatively but still needs 72h or 1:1 ratio of seeding, whichever happens, first.

Hope the above helped clear the confusion.

Last edited:

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Simplified... take torrent... seed torrent, the simplest way since I joined in 2014... No matter if freeleech is on or not, easy peasy! This will be closed soon... SEED!!!! what you take!

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
43.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
10979 (10979)
Member for 8 years