Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tutorials How To Add Recycle Bin Icon To Desktop In Windows 10

WhiteLocks

eXPerience
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
771.4 GB
Uploaded
7.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
NMh0n.png

When you perform a clean install of Windows 10 or create a new user account, the Recycle Bin icon appears on the desktop by default.

Not all users use the Recycle Bin as many prefer to use the Shift + Del hotkey to permanently delete files instead of moving them to Recycle Bin. That said, there are many users who often use the Recycle Bin to restore deleted files, and it’s a wise idea to delete files to Recycle Bin as recovering permanently deleted files can’t be done without the help of third-party tools.

NYZHh.jpg

Users often complain about missing Recycle Bin icon from the Windows 10 desktop. Recycle Bin icon can’t be easily deleted, unlike other icons and files. But if the Recycle Bin icon is not appearing on the desktop, you can restore the icon with ease.

Adding or restoring Recycle Bin icon
Unlike previous Windows versions, adding or removing the Recycle Bin icon from the desktop is not very straight-forward in Windows 10 thanks to the omission of classic Personalization window. Users need to perform a couple of more steps in order to add the Recycle Bin to the desktop or completely remove it from the desktop.

Whether you have deleted the Recycle Bin icon from the desktop or it’s not appearing on the desktop for any other reason, simply follow the given below directions to add or restore the Recycle Bin icon to the desktop in Windows 10.

Add or restore Recycle Bin icon to Windows 10 desktop
Step 1: Right-click on desktop, click Personalize. This will open Personalization section of Settings app.

NY7Kr.jpg

Step 2: Click Themes. Under Related settings, click Desktop icon settings link to open the same.

NYULj.png

Step 3: Here under Desktop Icons section, check the option labelled Recycle Bin. Click Apply button to add the Recycle Bin to your Windows 10 desktop.

NYxRo.png

Hey guddu

Downloaded
15.8 GB
Uploaded
6.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Thank u so much ......lets more

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Another good tut showing where the darn dialogue boxes are. For I have custom icons in Win7 that I want to replicate when I build my W10 machine.

Note to M$: If it ain't broke don't fix it. :yawn: I know, they don't listen to users. Going to miss W7 when third parties, like Mozzilla, start dropping support.