Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked How to block a Windows application from seeing that there is an internet connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kVertix

Downloaded
12 GB
Uploaded
779.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
With a firewall I can simply block an application from connecting to the internet. But there are some nasty applications which have dozen second delay at start just because the application tries very hard.
What I'm wondering, is there any solution that can prevent an application from seeing that the computer is connected to the internet, so that it wouldn't bother trying to connect?

satable

Downloaded
5.3 GB
Uploaded
8.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I have been using proxyfier (proxifier . com) using localhost as proxy. As far as I know, it works well. Could nor find it here for now, though.

The Professor

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
31 GB
Uploaded
33.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
44 (46)
Member for 10 years
Have you Googled I got more results related to it if you did does it helped or not

kVertix

Downloaded
12 GB
Uploaded
779.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Nothing useful on search results. I've been looking for the solution for many years.
Maybe I need some sort of memory altering loader for the application which would prevent it from seeing presence of internet?

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
224.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@kVertix i think we have somewhere a program here that can control programs that access the internet ...
only the question is wat is the name from that program (lol)... but i have seen it here ...
ok i have found it try this buddy

kVertix

Downloaded
12 GB
Uploaded
779.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Problem is not application accessing the internet, problem is application seeing that an internet connection is present and application wasting valuable time at application launch for trying to connect, sometimes dozen seconds, before allowing to use the application.
Firewalls only block connections, but do not block application from seeing that internet connection is present.
Maybe it is just too complicated to lie to the program that there is no internet?

Alright, what I want try now is to redirect IPs the application trying to connect to, to localhost and see if that satisfies the application.
As I read this far, it's much complicated process than I thought. Or maybe not. Maybe I can do something with NetTCPIP?
I wonder if there is a program that can collect all target IPs from an application and send them to localhost?

WideGlide

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
39.9 GB
Uploaded
3.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Malwarebytes firewall control can be found here. You can set it to block all internet access at startup then allow or block programs through as they request access. you only have to do it once for each program as it works with Windows firewall. I've been using it for quite awhile and it works fine.

Alessia_Amelia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.7 TB
Uploaded
50 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Why not just edit the host file then create an exception / rule in your AV/Firewall program? We do this for pesky little programs that do just what you describe
and so far so good for around a dozen or so we have doing this. (Winstep Xtreme is one of them). We also have Windows Defender completely disabled as well
so no conflict with our 3rd party AV program. I believe there's a host editor program here that might help. Or is this not what you're asking?

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
224.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@kVertix ok first your question is " How to block a Windows application from seeing that there is an internet connection? "
and now you start to ask " what I want try now is to redirect IPs the application trying to connect to, to localhost and see if that satisfies the application. "
i'm closing this thread Now because you had you'r answer on the first question ...
For the other things You beter use Google ... Done....

Status
Not open for further replies.