Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tutorials How To - Change Language in FBConan Lite Builds | Install MS Store in LTSC Builds | Enable Hibernation | Enable Virtual Memory

FBConan

⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
9 GB
Uploaded
29.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
149 (116)
Member for 3 years
Part 1 - Adding and Changing System Language Successfully

If You are having issues adding languages to my Ultralight, non updatable builds, even after following this guide, I HIGHLY Recommend trying one of my full featured updatable builds instead. They run just as light and fast as my Ultralight Builds, but offer virtually the same support as an untouched build of Windows. Win Win!

Adding an additional language pack, and setting it as your system language is possible in my Ultralight builds, but requires a step by step procedure to work properly, which I've outlined in most of my newer threads, but just in case there are still members who are struggling to get their primary language installed and set in my builds, I'd like to share this video following my step by step instructions that are outlined in my 'Language Pack Issues' Spoiler that's found in my threads.

Hopefully this video helps you guys, and at least shows that it can work without issue if done this way.

YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO INSTALL THE FONTS HERE TO FIX MISSING CHARACTERS!:

Good luck everyone, I'll post the instructions here again as well.
Just as an FYI, the build I'm using in this video is .

If you're having issues installing additional language packs, please follow this guide exactly, this method works flawlessly for me in my testing. - REMOVE any additional language packs before proceeding.

Step 1
Turn On Metered Connection.
P5YmVs.png

Step 2
Select an additional language to install
P5YiaV.png

Step 3 (IMPORTANT)
DO NOT
check the box 'Set as my Winodws display langauge', and click Install
P5YLoK.png

Step 4 (IMPORTANT)
After desired language pack(s) are installed, DO NOT set them as your Winodws Display language yet.
Reboot your PC first. After your PC has been rebooted, then you can proceed to change the Windows Display Language from English, to your desired language, followed by the Prompt to Sign out to apply language settings.

The Screen Shots below show I have 4 languages Installed. After following this tutorial, I was able to change languages, and restart my PC without any issues.
P5Y61c.png

P5YwAz.png

P5YDe3.png

Now your PC will be able to safely shut down and restart without issues.

UPDATE!!
READ THIS TO FIX IF STILL GETTING ERRORS USING ABOVE METHOD!

✨ If this method does not work for you, try the same steps above, but after Language Pack Installation is Complete, instead of Rebooting your PC, Force Shutdown your PC by holding down the power button, to bypass the Update, then Power on your PC to use. Or try the steps Below:

• If you try adding a language pack following my guide, and you still get an error, your PC will reboot a few times, and then return to normal.
  • But, you'll notice, in the language settings, your added language pack isn't available to set as system language.
  • So, the fix is really easy. Just remove the language from the list, then Add the language again, and reboot.
  • Then language will be available in the system language list, and you will be able to use it as your System Language. You can also turn metered connection Off if you would like at this point.
  • You will now be able to sign out, restart, shut down, and power on, without having the issue again, and the language pack will remain, and be available to use as your main system language.
  • Here's a video to illustrate my fix, notice that only the French language wasn't available in the language list, so it was the pack that caused the error.
  • So I just removed it, then Added it again, rebooted, and All worked fine, for all 5 added languages.

Part 2 - How to Turn on Hibernation in builds that have it Disabled!

Step 1 - Open a Command Prompt, and type 'powercfg -h on' and press enter to enable hibernation. Close Command Prompt.
**Bonus Tip - To Disable hibernation, type 'powercfg -h off' in Command Prompt**

PJwSV3.png

Step 2 - In Control Panel, Open 'Power Options', and click on 'Choose what closing the lid does'

PJwRoz.png

Step 3 - Click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable'

PJw3ac.png

Step 4 - Click the 'Hibernate Box' and hit the 'Save Changes' Button, Hibernate option is now available in Shut Down Options

PJws1M.png

Part 3 - How to Turn on Delivery Optimization Service!
If it's disabled, some update features, XBOX games and app downloads might fail*

Step 1 - hit Win Key + R (Run) and type 'services.msc'
Locate the 'delivery optimization service' and look at the startup type.
If it says disabled, then keep reading to enable it, and get your ability to download xbox games, as well as some updates, features, and language options as well.

Step 2 - Hit Win Key + R (Run) and type 'regedit'
In the Registry Editor's navigation bar, type the following text:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DoSvc

(and hit enter)
then, double click the 'Start' Entry in the Right hand pane
Change the number from 4, to 2, and click 'OK'
Changing the value from 4 to 2, will change the startup type for the Delivery service from disabled, to automatic.

Step 3 - Reboot your PC, and hit win key + R (Run) and type 'services.msc'
Locate the 'delivery optimization service' and the startup type should now be automatic.
Now your updates, additional language options, xbox games etc should download without issue.

PJlgu8.png

Part 4 - How to Add MS Store to LTSC!

LTSC builds DO NOT come with UWP Apps pre-installed, including the MS Store*
but you can Easily add it if you'd like to!

Step 1 - Download the following file:

Step 2 - Unzip the file to your desired location

Step 3 - Navigate to Folder where you unpacked the zip file,
Then right click on the file 'Add-Store.cmd' and Run as Administrator. The script will run, and do the rest for you. When complete, you will be able to use the Microsoft Store App on LTSC!

Part 5 - How to Enable Virtual Memory! (Paging File)

All of my custom light builds have virtual memory (paging file) disabled, but if you are running Apps / multiple apps that are exceeding your Physical Memory (RAM) limit, they will crash unexpectedly. - Enable Virtual Memory to Fix this Issue on your PC.

Step 1 - Right click Desktop, go to Control Panel, All Tasks (God Mode) then open the 'View Advanced Settings' shortcut (in the 'system' section), and a Window for 'System Properties' Settings will open. Click on the 'Advanced' Tab at the top.

PaHIno.png

Step 2 - Click on the 'Settings' Button in the Performance Section. Another Window will open, labeled 'Performance Options. You will need to click on the 'Advanced' Tab at the top, then click the the 'Change' Button in the Virtual Memory section to proceed.

PaHHYj.png

Step 3 - Click the 'System managed size' dot and then hit the 'Set' Button, to enable the recommended Virtual Memory size for your PC. You can also choose a custom size if you would like, but a system managed size should work fine for most users needs.

PaHFzr.png

Part 6 - Fixing Installation Issues

The most common fix for installing my builds, after you write the ISO to USB with Rufus, is to try different USB ports on your PC, if you are getting 'No Driver' Error.

The Windows Setup environment (boot.wim) in my releases is a basic, reduced version that saves hundreds of MB from the original MS boot.wim setup file.

Personally, I've never had a failed install, or setup issues on any of my PC's, ranging from 10 year old laptops, to brand new ones, with HDD, SSD, and NVMe Storage, AMD and Intel CPU's, and both MBR, and GPT partitioned drives.

If you are having issues, please try the following with any of my custom builds, or any other custom build for that matter that you are having an issue installing on your pc:

For anyone who's having / had issues installing my builds! Read This!

Use Rufus. Leave default settings if you have GPT Partitioned HDD (UEFI).
Change settings to the following, if MBR partitioned HDD (BIOS):

P5I3OA.png

I can confirm, This works on both my BIOS, and UEFI systems, 10 years old, to brand new.

**Switch USB Ports if getting no driver error**

If it still doesn't work, you can download a stock win 10 iso using MS's media creation tool, open the iso from MS in poweriso, go into the sources folder, delete the 'install.esd' or 'install.wim' file. (but still keep the iso open in PowerISO)

Then using 7zip, extract my iso, and put the autounnated.xml file from my root folder, into the root folder of the iso you have open in PowerISO, and the install.esd file that's in my sources folder, into the sources folder of PowerISO, then save as new iso. Try writing that to a USB. Should fix your issues. :)

You can drag files from File Explorer to PowerISO to copy over.

Here's a video to illustrate how to do this procedure:

►► ◄◄

BONUS! - AMD Chipset Drivers

If you are having issues installing AMD Ryzen chipset drivers on your PC on my Windows 11 Builds, I recommend trying the ones I am providing here.

►► ◄◄
*Updated November.11.2023*

Last edited:

Dale Martirez

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
378.1 GB
Uploaded
18.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Oh my goodness. My problems have been solved. I thought I was just dumb, but this video made my life easier :h: Love your builds always brother @FBConan!

MniawY

Former STAFF™ ⭐️
Uploader
Power User
Downloaded
156.4 GB
Uploaded
51 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
104 (102)
Member for 7 years
Nice Explanation @FBConan, Let me 📌 This :party:

Last edited:

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Superb tutorial. :clap:
I will refer users to this if I see them asking about languages or hibernation on your threads.

nbp2411

Downloaded
40 GB
Uploaded
673.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Just did what you instructed, and this is the error I've encountered so far :speechless:

VeMCZetM_o.png

And the "Sleep" button doesn't allow me to click it.
zpO22N4A_o.png

RedDove

⭐ VIP
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
118.2 GB
Uploaded
40.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
:hi: Awesome tutorial FBConan, very precise
and easy to follow. Thanks for posting it. :rock:
Bookmarked for later reference.

By the way, it's very nice to put a voice
to the name. :)

Skylined

Downloaded
9.9 GB
Uploaded
6.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Excellent tutorial.
Is there a way to restore spatial audio ?

monaco55

Downloaded
101.7 GB
Uploaded
445.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
yes Excellent tutorial very very best on teamOS :clap:

laucheekong

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
128.7 GB
Uploaded
1.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Very useful and helpful info sharing. Thousand thanks for such valuable info. Excellent tutorial.

Twistty

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
20.4 GB
Uploaded
7.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Excellent post @FBConan!!!

Silly question - and sort of kills the reason people prefer (many anyways) LTSC builds - into NON - LTSC builds?

As most of the custom OS's here are LTSC - and very few are the NON variant.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
Thank you for the information and tips you shared

Last edited by a moderator:

phil22261

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
216.9 GB
Uploaded
3.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Thank you for taking the time to make this tutorial.:rock::rock::rock:

snd22

Downloaded
15.2 GB
Uploaded
5.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
thanks for step by step tutorial

tvinki

Downloaded
2.7 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Why some window go black after couple of seconds on background or when u minimize window or open game as other Windows user+ minimize it ?
how i can prevent it for some games, programs?

Last edited:

alilos

Downloaded
3.5 GB
Uploaded
5.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
issues i encountered with phoenix lite os 11:
stutter and lag , explorer crashes , games lag ( even tho i made a paging file ) , paint doens't work ( maybe deleted ? )
i feel like i'm going back to use a normal windows 10 or 11 and use all O&O shutup 10

sillyboy

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
496.9 GB
Uploaded
753.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Thank you, detailed directions that will be useful in the Phoenix builds

yummy90

Downloaded
5.8 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Thanks will be handy after I installed the builds

umair4ziz

Downloaded
14.8 GB
Uploaded
5.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
On an older intel-based i5 Laptop, I faced installation issues and tried every single workaround which I had in my mind, to a point that I surrendered, And today I came across this thread that has a solution to all the problems I faced earlier. This is crazy stuff, I'm speechless and acknowledge that FBConan being the best author of the Windows assembly is actually a 'Windows Encyclopedia'........ People need to give these assemblies some serious recognition. ; )

Wyk----1972

Downloaded
2.7 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I'll give you a BIG tip on the subject:

Windows, from release "8" (8, 8.1 etc) have a nasty backdoor that reactivates/resurrects WINDOWS UPDATE, and forces the system to update/upgrade, even if all the services are disabled.

That's why if you install a different language, the systema automatically SCREWS things up, EVEN IF all updates are disabled.

The files that are inside windows are sort fo "self-healing" and reactivate themselves at every reboot.

This way, m1cr0$0ft can arbitrarily make windows start an update without the users consent.

There is NO way to Medicines those file from windows. NO-WAY.

The ONLY working way to Medicines a a w10 system quiet/stable was found by a guy called Malte, that wrote a BASH script, a Linux script, that ERADICATES that nasty feature.

He called his version "ameliorated". His scripts are freely available.

It means that AFTER you have installed windows, made your customizations and all, you boot your computer via an USB key with Ubuntu 18.404 installed, mount the win10 partition somewhere, and launch his script. It will use fuzzy logic to seek&destroy all the SPYWARE crap into windows 10::

Look for it, it's called AMELIORATED win10/AME. ameliorated.info is the site, you may have to use telegram to get more info.

I used your "ultra lite win10 version" for a project, and it constantly reverted back the system automatically, after some time, it's UNNERVING.

After the Malte/AME script, everything is REALLY under my control, and the system FINALLY does not update by itself. It tries, but the files simply are NOT THERE, so the self-healing process of the m1cr0$0ft SPYWARE fails.

The CAN be other consequences, it's not a Medicines for the faint of heart, it's VERY experimental, bu it's the only KNOWN way to have a windows that is spyware-free, at least in the "updates" section.

I urge you to take a look at it, otherwise all those "enhanced/lite" versions WILL REVERT automatically into something else after some time.

Gillos.M

Downloaded
328.1 GB
Uploaded
436.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Awesome tutorial FBConan, very precise
and easy to follow. Thanks for posting it