Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tutorials How To Fix Local Group Policy Editor (GPEdit.msc) Missing In Windows 10

RefayaSaad

Uploader
Downloaded
57.2 GB
Uploaded
12.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I hate windows 10 update & windows defender antivirus! So whenever I install a new windows, the first thing that I do is to disable both these feature. But unfortunately when I tried to do that this time in my pc, I found that the local group policy editor was missing. I couldn't access it in any way (I think Microsoft intentionally removed this feature to access, probably, I don't know, I didn't find it many of the OSes that I installed). And without this policy editor, I couldn't be able to disable those services without via 3rd party tools. So I did some research & found this simple but efficient fix.

Open a Text Document in Notepad (Right click on the mouse, go to new, from there Text Document).
Type this on the Text Document (Copy this!)

@echo off pushd "%~dp0"
dir /b %SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientExtensions-Package~3*.mum >List.txt
dir /b %SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientTools-Package~3*.mum >>List.txt
for /f %%i in ('findstr /i . List.txt 2^>nul') do dism /online /norestart /add-
package:"%SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\%%i"
pause

Now click on the file of the text document
click on
Save as..
put
gpedit.bat in file name
make the
save as type from Text Document.txt to All Files
Also choose a easier location to save the file like Desktop
Now
save the file & you will see a bat file named gpedit in that location
Run the bat file as administrator (right click on the mouse, select run as administrator)
Give it some time & you are done!
Now to prove that it works, type gpedit.msc in Run

Hopefully Group policy Editor will appear.

I used it in my Windows 10 v1809 build it worked perfectly. I have seen it worked for some other people too. So try it & let me know how it goes!

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 3 years
Yup, this works anyways. However, the easiest way to create the file is just create a new file and name as .bat and open with notepad/edit with notepad. Then run as admin to add.