Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tips & Tricks How To Fix When QBittorrent Is Stalled?

ZeLimB

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
125.2 GB
Uploaded
1.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
who is ? what's ? how ?
qBittorrent is an open-source Bittorent client which is free to use. It was founded way back in 2006 and is currently maintained by contributors from all around the world.
qBittorrent does not have any ads and also runs faster which makes it an attractive choice over Bittorrent & µTorrent which are filled with ads and often slow down systems.
It’s sleek and simple to use and uses very fewer resources compared to other torrent downloaders, which is why it is so famous amongst users.

But even this has some flaws, like this one we have today when it just stops downloading and displays stalled error message instead of downloading.
Sometimes users face the stalled error right after adding the torrent or sometimes after a few minutes of downloading the stalled error code appears.

What does stalled mean in qBittorrent?

• What does stalled mean in qBittorrent?
  • How to fix qBittorrent stalled?
  • 1. Restart the app
  • 2.Force resume
  • 3. Disk is full
  • 4. No seeders available
  • 5.Reconfigure_settings
  • 6. Perform a clean reinstall
  • 7. Check Firewall & Antivirus
  • 8. Some other solutions

The error code ‘stalled’ is used as a generic user code for a variety of errors, which is why it is so confusing to determine what exactly causes this error.
The primary reason for qBittorrent stalled error can be attributed to the non-availability of seeders.

Seeders are people who have completely downloaded the torrent data and are sharing it by uploading or seeding it for other people(leechers) who are downloading it.
When no seeders are available to connect then nothing can be downloaded, so this is when qbittorrent displays the torrent stalled error.

The torrent stalled error will also display for a multitude of reasons like when your disk space is full or
your settings are misconfigured or a firewall or an antivirus is blocking qBittorrent from accessing certain ports.[/I]

How to fix qBittorrent stalled?

As we mentioned earlier there are many different reasons which could cause this stalled error,
so here are some of the solutions which seem to be working for people –

1. Restart the app

Many users suggest that a simple restart of the qBittorrent app will fix the torrent stalled problem for you.
So go ahead quit the app from the notification tray to completely close and end its process,
then wait a few seconds and again open the qBittorrent app.

2. Force resume

For me, almost every time, just when I click on the force resume option the torrent resumes downloading.
If your torrent is stalled, right-click on it and then click on the ‘Force Resume’ option and your torrent should resume downloading again.

3. Disk is full

Its quite possible that the disk to which you are downloading the torrent, it might be full or might not have enough space left to store the entire contents of the torrent, hence qbittorrent shows the stalled error.
Change the download location, by right-clicking and selecting the ‘Set location’ option and then select the alternative location where you want to download the torrent
Or you could clear out that disk by deleting redundant data while making space for the torrent to download.

4. No seeders available

Users primarily get the stalled error when there are no seeders available for the torrent and only leechers are available.
Seeders are people who have downloaded the whole torrent and are currently uploading it for other people(leechers) who are downloading it.
So try with another torrent client like BitTorrent or µTorrent and check if seeders are available inside those applications.
If there are a very few numbers of seeders available then it would be hard to connect to them, you can always check the number of available seeders in the peers tab,
If some seeders are available then try restarting the qbittorrent app and then try again by using the force resume option.

5. Reconfigure settings

There are a few settings in the qbittorrent app which you would like to reconfigure. First, open up the settings by clicking on the ‘Options’ option from under the ‘Tools’ option at the top toolbar and then follow along.
  • Go to the BitTorrent option and uncheck the torrent queuing option. This will prevent the app from any limitations on the max number of active torrent or max torrents it can upload at a certain time.
  • Then click on the ‘Connection’ option and increase the number of all 4 options under the ‘Connections limits’ section substantially or just uncheck those to remove any limit at all.
  • If you have a VPN on, then go to the ‘Advanced’ settings and select the correct ‘Network Interface’.
  • Next again go to the ‘Connection’ tab and uncheck the option ‘Use UPnP/NAT-PMP port forwarding for my router’.
  • After changing all these settings, click on the OK button below and save the settings. Now restart the app and resume downloading your torrent.

6. Perform a clean reinstall

Delete all data related to the qbittorrent app like saved preferences, saved torrents and downloaded torrent data. Then uninstall it and perform a clean install of the app.
You can use for delete all saved data of an app while uninstalling it. Your torrent should download normally now.

7. Check Firewall & Antivirus

Most of us have our Windows Firewall running to protect us from pitfalls but sometimes it can block some software like qBitTorrent from connecting to the internet or from accessing a few ports.
So go to your Firewall settings from the Start menu and click on the option ‘Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall.’. In that list look for the qbittorrent app and allow both private and public connections for it.
Also, if you have an anti-virus protecting your system, you might want to disable it for a few mins and then try force resuming the same torrent or restart the qbittorrent app and then download the torrent again.
It should work normally when the anti-virus is disabled.

8. Some other solutions

• Update the app to the latest version, as its quite possible that the version which you are using contains bugs, which are causing the stalled error for you.
  • If you are on the latest version and still facing this problem, then open a new issue in the issues section of the GitHub under the qbittorent project.
  • If you resumed the torrent, from an earlier pause from a different location, then it could be the case that the program is unable to locate the files and you will have right click on the torrent
  • and then select the ‘Set location’ option and set the correct location of the torrent stor
source : geekdroids by YASH DUTTA

AirFreshener

Downloaded
29.5 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
thanks for these tips! just experienced stalled uploading...

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
This tutorial looks like a collection of "Internet folklore" to me. I'm not convinced that the guy who put it together always understood what he/she was writing about.
None of it is completely wrong but most of the solutions could do with a bit more explanation.

The suggested solutions make sense for a system that usually works but sometimes does not.
If you have just installed a torrent client and nothing works then the first thing you should look at are the settings in the client, your firewall and your router.

The tutorial lists its possible solutions poorly. Below, I have listed then in the order that you should consider them.

4. No seeders available
The tutorial rightly says that this will be the most common reason for the stalled message.
If a torrents has no connectable seeders then all you can do is wait for some.
If uTorrent reports no seeders then I don't see why qBittorent would be any different, assuming you load the same torrent into both.
If you are having frequent problems with a phone torrent app then trying uTorrent or qBittorrent on a PC or laptop is worth a try. Phone torrenting is not always reliable.

2 Force resume
"For me, almost every time [this works]" might have been true for the writer. It is unlikely to be true for most for most people.
Force resume lets you start a selected torrent immediately. It is there to override seeding rules. It cannot fix the most common cause of "Stalled" which is no seeders.
For example, if you set a max download limit of 3 torrents, and have 5 all set to "Start", only 3 will run at once. However, if you force-start one of them, then 4 will run.

If you already have a lot of active torrents then this may work.
It is quick to try and will not cause any real harm. That's why I have it as my #2.
If you find yourself doing this often, and it sometimes works for you, then consider changing the maximum number of simultaneous downloads that are allowed to run.

3 Disk is full
If you find that all your new downloads fail then this is a sensible suggestion. Check for a full disk.

1 Restart the app
For "Many users suggest" please read "Warning: Internet folklore alert!"
If you have one stalled torrent and all other torrents working as expected then restarting is probably not going to help.
If a single torrent is stalled, and all other torrents are fine, then it probably has no seeders and there is nothing you can do about that.
The good news is that restarting will not cause any harm, although it will usually be a waste of time.
If it does seem to work then the restart may have had nothing to do with it; it was just that a seeder happened to come along at the right time.

5. Reconfigure settings
This is getting dangerous again because, for many users, messing with the settings will cause more harm than good.
If all your torrents are stalled then checking settings might be a good idea.
If one is stalled and all the others are OK then leave your settings alone. Just wait for a seeder to come along.
If everything was fine yesterday, and now it's not, client settings are probably not to blame, unless you have changed them.

If none of your downloads are working then firewall settings might be to blame. Be sure that you know what you're doing before you change anything.
If things were OK and now they are not, and you have not changed anything recently, then firewall settings are unlikely to be your problem.

If some downloads are OK and others are not then your anti-virus app may be to blame. Temporarily disabling anti-virus protection is worth a try.
You could check your anti-virus app's log to see if it has deleted or quarantined your download.
You could also try creating anti-virus exceptions for problem downloads.

This is a really dangerous suggestion for a problem that will almost never be due to a corrupt installation.
If all your torrents are misbehaving and changing your client settings, firewall settings and router settings has not worked, then perhaps a re-install will work.
This should be the very last resort.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.5 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@ZeLimB i use Utorrent 2.2.1 and never had / have a problems with that version :)
So the simple rule is when QBittorrent is giving problems ...

save all the torrents that you have for seeding on a extern drive or another disk not on the C:\

then delete that QBittorent and install the Utorrent ..
import the torrents that you have save on the other drive ..
Done all work fine again :)

Downloaded
36.9 GB
Uploaded
32.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
This tutorial looks like a collection of "Internet folklore" to me. I'm not convinced that the guy who put it together always understood what he/she was writing about.
None of it is completely wrong but most of the solutions could do with a bit more explanation.

The suggested solutions make sense for a system that usually works but sometimes does not.
If you have just installed a torrent client and nothing works then the first thing you should look at are the settings in the client, your firewall and your router.

The tutorial lists its possible solutions poorly. Below, I have listed then in the order that you should consider them.

4. No seeders available
The tutorial rightly says that this will be the most common reason for the stalled message.
If uTorrent reports no seeders then I don't see why qBittorent would be any different, assuming you load the same torrent into both.
If you are having frequent problems with a phone torrent app then trying uTorrent or qBittorrent on a PC or laptop is worth a try. Phone torrenting is not always reliable.

2 Force resume
"For me, almost every time [this works]" might have been true for the writer. It is unlikely to be true for most for most people.
Force resume lets you start a selected torrent immediately. It is there to override seeding rules. It cannot fix the most common cause of "Stalled" which is no seeders.
For example, if you set a max download limit of 3 torrents, and have 5 all set to "Start", only 3 will run at once. However, if you force-start one of them, then 4 will run.

It is quick to try and will not cause any real harm. That's why I have it as my #2.
If you find yourself doing this often, and it sometimes works for you, then consider changing the maximum number of simultaneous downloads that are allowed to run.

3 Disk is full
If you find that all your new downloads fail then this is a sensible suggestion. Check for a full disk.

1 Restart the app
If you have one stalled torrent and all other torrents working as expected then restarting is probably not going to help.
If a single torrent is stalled, and all other torrents are fine, then it probably has no seeders and there is nothing you can do about that.
The good news is that restarting will not cause any harm, although it will usually be a waste of time.
If it does seem to work then the restart may have had nothing to do with it; it was just that a seeder happened to come along at the right time.

5. Reconfigure settings
This is getting dangerous again because, for many users, messing with the settings will cause more harm than good.
If one is stalled and all the others are OK then leave your settings alone. Just wait for a seeder to come along.
If everything was fine yesterday, and now it's not, client settings are probably not to blame, unless you have changed them.

If none of your downloads are working then firewall settings might be to blame. Be sure that you know what you're doing before you change anything.
If things were OK and now they are not, and you have not changed anything recently, then firewall settings are unlikely to be your problem.

If some downloads are OK and others are not then your anti-virus app may be to blame. Temporarily disabling anti-virus protection is worth a try.
You could check your anti-virus app's log to see if it has deleted or quarantined your download.

This is a really dangerous suggestion for a problem that will almost never be due to a corrupt installation.
If all your torrents are misbehaving and changing your client settings, firewall settings and router settings has not worked, then perhaps a re-install will work.
Thanks for going in-depth, Charlie.

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
thank you for sharing it with us.

hackjhk97

Downloaded
79.1 GB
Uploaded
295.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I am having this problem on my Laptop.
Everything works fine on my PC. Same torrent, same internet, same Windows version, same qBitTorrent version. Same everything.

I tried trouble shooting everything you suggested from 1 to 8, also tried tweaking DNS (and back to default), noting works, always stalled with 0 seeds/peers.
I've been having this problem for quite a time, but as i wasn't using my Laptop as much i just didn't bother myself with.
But now i did even format it, reinstalled everything fresh and it still doesn't work.

Any other idea what this could be?

Downloaded
88.4 GB
Uploaded
483 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years

4. No seeders available

2 Force resume

3 Disk is full

1 Restart the app

5. Reconfigure settings

Thanks You, this helps a lot.