Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked hp 250 g7 - windows clean install

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmeutz

Downloaded
3 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Hi,

How can I install windows 10 on HP 250 G7?

In BIOS I can't disable secure boot

with rufus I tried
MBR Partition scheme for bios or uefi
MBR Partition scheme uefi
GPT Partition scheme uefi

works on GPT but it return an error

An unexpected error has occured
0xc0000017

enter try again
f8 startup settings
esc uefi firmware settings

How to access Advanced BIOS Settings?
I have latest BIOS

Anyone has this problem?

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Let's start at the not-so-obvious problem, that you cant disable secure boot. Why is that? is the option not there? Please describe as best as possible. Additionally, before you try anything, set a bios admin password and save it. You MUST create a BIOS administrator's password if you want to change some features in the BIOS and/or save the changes to be permanent.

The 2nd even more not so obvious problem is that error code 0xc0000017 referees to hardware related issues. such as
* The conflicts of external devices.
* Insufficient RAM.
* Outdated motherboard drivers.
* Bad memory blocks.
* Enabled hybrid graphics.

There is a way to overcome it but my guess is that it's an error related to secure boot that's why I mentioned it 1st. Let see if we 1st solve the secure boot and then we'll see.

zmeutz

Downloaded
3 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
In bios I have “Secure boot” option but it is inactive(gray).
I tried to add admin pasword, restarted and back in bios with admin password, but it is still gray(I think I need “advanced bios” option)

blue screen error appear when it tries to boot from usb, but isn’t right usb device mode(I think security reason)

I see hp logo, wait a few seconds and then blue screen..

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
366 (418)
Member for 9 years
You said that you tried to add admin password, did you manage to set it up?
When you set up the admin password go straight and disable the secure boot no need to restart your pc
After a little searching I found that secure Boot is supported for UEFI Class 2 and Class 3 PCs. For UEFI Class 2 PCs, when Secure Boot is enabled, the compatibility support module (CSM) must be disabled so that the PC can only boot authorized, UEFI-based operating systems. So check that option in your bios and see what is happening.
I would suggest you also to use another software instead of rufus, you can try ventoy or power iso (rufus is coming with problems with the latest updates, to many members are experiencing problems)

zmeutz

Downloaded
3 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Hi, thanks for reply.
I have Insyde BIOS F.35
I din’t have anything about CSM, but I found if I select “Load HP Factory Default Keys” it show up “SecureBoot “ and it’s disabled... but the error persists, when it start load windows from usb I get HP blue screen...

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
You are not answering what we asked tho. Your priority is to set a BIOS admin password. Without it you cant disable secure boot and without that, you can't install any other OS than the one that came with your HP Laptop.

It's the way UEFI works with laptops meant for business use. Until an admin password is set in bios it won't let you do changes of any kind and will reset to default every time you restart/boot which is why you get the error 0x17. On top, when you set an admin password the bios unlock more options which can reveal more settings.

You just need to create a bios admin password, save and exit, go back into bios using the password you set, and turn secure boot off and you can boot with any USB stick after that. If you cant get past that, I don't think we can help more.

Last edited:

zmeutz

Downloaded
3 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
In my second post I said:

“I tried to add admin pasword, restarted and back in bios with admin password, but it is still gray(I think I need “advanced bios” option)”

I have password from the begining, this doesn’t enable secure boot...secure boot it’s enabled only when I load HP keys...

but still doesn’t work...

the problem persist, now I try with Ventoy to see maybe it works, because I load a secure key to boot process..

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Tried can mean many things, that's why we got confused.

Just to make sure, let's repeat the steps:
You press F10 to go to bios settings--->advanced ---> click secure boot configuration---->
and you should see these 3 options:
chrome_2021-02-04_22-43-18.jpg

The option you should have is Legacy enabled and secure boot disabled.
You should also have the MS UEFI key enabled.
After that restart (in case you made changes) and press F10 to go to bios again--->advanced---->boot options, and you should see the various boot options.

chrome_2021-02-04_22-50-28.jpg

Make sure the Legacy boot options os selected, save changes again, and exit.

Do you have any issues with any of the above steps?

Last edited:

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
I Googled "HP 250 G7 disable secure boot" and went .
I don't have time to read it all but does it help you?

NB: Link is in the image.

Please tell us when you have fixed the problem so that we can close the thread.

zmeutz

Downloaded
3 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
@Cyler I don't have no option like in your photos ... this bios a different
Sorry for missunderstanding, I have password(admin password) on bios from the begining but this doesn't change nothing

I have an option, "Load HP Factory Default Key' when I use this, it enable secure boot option, but only with enable or disable

@Charlie_Grimes this document doesn't include my bios version / model thanks!

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
366 (418)
Member for 9 years
check this one
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04784866
make sure you have setup the admin password as we have said

zmeutz

Downloaded
3 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Hi,

admin password is activated from the beginning, bios version is different from hp document, don’t have or activate any of the option.

I solved the problem by installing on another hp 250 G7 took from Germany (with different bios,without changing anything from bios from boot config with secure boot enabled) after first restart I put it in mine with problems and it resume installation...

works without problems.

thanks for help!

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
366 (418)