Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked i need help with zeppelin ransomware and decrypting files

Status
Not open for further replies.

saaaaaayCo

Downloaded
29.5 GB
Uploaded
155.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
is there any available method to decrypt the files encrypted by zeppelin ransomware
i tried alot of methods without any result

Parvej

Downloaded
35.1 GB
Uploaded
30.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Don't waste your time to decrypt these files without decryption key and don't pay for it you will loose your money or files. There is no decryption key or decryptor available for offline encryption. Try renaming extension of large files (>= 500 MB) possibly these files will not be encrypted.

sujatha1983

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
384.7 GB
Uploaded
844.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
some time back my pc was also attacked by some ransomeware, i just reformatted the entire pc and lost all the data thats it

wangai2019

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
31.8 GB
Uploaded
50 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
system restore or look for shadow copies of the folders that have been encrypted

sujatha1983

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
384.7 GB
Uploaded
844.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
system restore or look for shadow copies of the folders that have been encrypted
its a waste of time bro

you can try free kaspersky ransoware remover, which will surely do the job

Skip1

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
117.3 GB
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
26 (23)
Member for 6 years
Posting this from past ransomware requests written by fellow staff member.

Ok guys and girls, time to have some closure here.

Facts:

• Ransomware is not something magical. It doesn't get transmitted without your will or without you doing anything. It's a virus-like or malware-like program and as such, it needs to have an entry point in your system. Either by email "open this attachment to win $10.000.000" or masking as a program, or addon or something similar a user has to execute it in order to get infected.
  • Once you get the ransomware and If it detects the internet, it gets a unique key from its server. Once that happens, and for the time being, your files will get encrypted with a unique key that was applied to you ONLY. That key is virtually impossible to be found and only the manufacturer knows it. If it doesn't detect the internet (highly unlikely) then it uses one of the predefined keys which maybe can be found. Assume tho that in your case it got in contact with its command and deploy server.
So what do we do?
  • You can use a search engine and search for "ransomware decryptor tools" and see which one is offering to try to decrypt your specific variant and give it a try.
  • One lesser-known feature of windows is called volume shadow copies which sadly a lot of custom windows disable. This makes a shadow copy (backup) of our file when we modify it and it's better to be thought of as a versioning tool. By using this tool (I include the URL in case there is a new update in the future) shadowexplorer.com/downloads.html you can explore possible shadow copies of files (again, if you haven't disabled the service) and maybe you get lucky.
  • Some ransomware in order to be able to encrypt as many files as possible without getting caught by showing high system activity, they only encrypt the first 150kb of a file and not the entire file. So in some cases of large video files, (after making a copy) you can rename them and try to open them in a video editor. There is a chance you will get few seconds of static at the start but salvage the video. The same can happen for some RAR/ZIP/7z files as they can repair and only discard the bad portion but still salvage some files.
  • Tho the new ransomware disable system restore, give it a try to at least restore some of your programs. Sadly system restore doesn't restore user data.
  • Of course all the above need to happen AFTER you clean your system from the malware. The process is the same as any virus and instructions can be found on the net. Even better, remove and disinfect the hard disk using another system when possible.
  • If all the above fail, store the files somewhere and hope in the future that a fix will be made/released.
  • Honestly, after you try anything you can, format the PC with new windows unless you are THAT good with PCs. I would never trust a PC with malware even if it got removed. All it takes is to forget one file or not Medicines the entry point and you will be having the same problem again soon.
How to prevent it?

Same as any other malicious program and virus

• Use common sense. If you find somewhere a Medicines or a program that you can't find anywhere else... guess what.
  • If you find a file that promises unrealistic things ( software to Medicines every program...), guess what again.
  • Dont open emails from people you don't know, especially when they promise you unrealistic things.
  • Dont visit every stupid site you see on the net and furthermore don't download anything you see from it. It's your own greed that caused you the problem.
  • I know it's been said 1000 times but for F@#$ Sake keep a backup of your most important files. Google gives 15GB, Mega gives 50Gb and there are many other solutions too. A movie or a program or even an mp3 can be found again, pictures of your loved ones, documents of your work, etc CAN NOT. Those don't even take a lot of space. Back them up ONLINE and off the PC.
  • Always scan ANY INCOMING FILE. Have a folder named incoming or new or whatever, and always double, or even triple scan ANY file you download. Especially if it's from a source you don't know. It may be a slight inconvenience, but losing your valuable files and time, is more. Never assume anything is safe.
  • Did I say to use common sense?
Sorry for the bad news but that's reality and I don't like to give people fake hopes. This thread will close and I hope we all learned something.

Staff I (Skip) will lock this thread as preceding cases have been handled similarly.

Last edited:

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
you can try free kaspersky ransoware remover, which will surely do the job
Please do not double post. If yours is the last post, and you wish to post again, use the Edit key. That's what it's there for.

Status
Not open for further replies.