Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked I need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

JioFunny

Downloaded
11.6 GB
Uploaded
8.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Hello,
So I am running an os that doesn't let windows install/update device drivers or any drivers at all and I have to do it myself.
So I did update my GPU driver. And that is the only driver I installed. After that I proceeded to install call of duty and play. I don't see any visual C++ drivers installed in programs after the game finished installation like I see normally, yet the game runs smoother than ever before.

So what are all these drivers that everyone makes a big deal out of that I have to install in order to have my system perform better? It already performs if not better surely slightly better, even though my previous build was also completely empty and fully optimized. The only things plugged on my pc are mouse, keyboard and a headphone that has a usb dac by itself. (So I don't even need realtek audio)
So, is there really any other drivers that will actually improve the performance of my pc?

Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 M gaming
(My Bios version is up to date and is running fine)

** I did search a lot before I come here. I never found a solid answer like it's this and this. I even reached out to Gigabyte directly.. they answered back to me as if a kid replied. Among the lines of that reply was "There is no drivers to fix this issue" .. I don't understand.. **

Some advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Last edited:

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
First of all did you get your OS from here.. ? Drivers are needed so your computer can recognize the device & work accordingly.. If its working for you its good.. But i would recommend to keep updated drivers as they provide some fixes as well you may encounter later..

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
AFAIK, your machine already have c++ installed.
So when you installing a game, installer won't install c++ because it's already in your machine.

Word of advice:
If ain't broke, don't fix it.

So if your game runs properly on your machine, why bother anything that has nothing to do with performance.

JioFunny

Downloaded
11.6 GB
Uploaded
8.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
First of all did you get your OS from here.. ? Drivers are needed so your computer can recognize the device & work accordingly.. If its working for you its good.. But i would recommend to keep updated drivers as they provide some fixes as well you may encounter later..
AFAIK, your machine already have c++ installed.
So when you installing a game, installer won't install c++ because it's already in your machine.

Word of advice:
If ain't broke, don't fix it.

So if your game runs properly on your machine, why bother anything that has nothing to do with performance.
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes I did get it from here. Well.. There's quite a few things in device manager that it says device driver is not up to date.. you know.. with the yellow mark. But I have no idea what these devices are honestly. I could provide pictures if someone is willing to help.

I know.. like.. I prroobably wouldn't touch it because like I said I am pretty sure the game runs smoother than ever. Not more max fps.. I didn't have stuttering in previous builds either, but the 1% lows and drops in general just feel less. (In fact, I do have a specific spot were I have been testing max fps in the game and I do get on that very specific spot about 5 max extra fps. So you could say that I have about 5 extra in max)

"So if your game runs properly on your machine, why bother anything that has nothing to do with performance."

But.. that is the point.. like.. do any of these drivers actually have to do something with performance? I don't know. It's just for the shake of knowledge. I don't know what all these device drivers are and what they do and what not. And obviously not asking to know because it's a book. But just want to know if there is only one or two specific ones that someone will tell me.. hey, these ones you gotta update for sure and it will do this and that in the system.

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
This is from google
A driver, or device driver, is a set of files that tells a piece of hardware how to function by communicating with a computer's operating system. All pieces of hardware require a driver, from your internal computer components, such as your graphics card, to your external peripherals, like a printer.

Try iobit driver booster app it will scan & update the missing drivers. This thread will be closed as i dont see any more info is needed to be added.. for knowledge you have google...Thankyou

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Ok, let's start from the beginning because I think we are mixing up some things. I will try to avoid being too technical but keep in mind it's a technical subject.

Driver: The program that tells the OS what exactly is the device you have plugged/connected to your PC and what are its capabilities. As far as your PC and OS go it cant tell the difference between a graphic card and a coffee maker or a toaster. The driver software is responsible for "explaining" to the OS what that hardware is and what it can do. Drivers get updated often, and in some cases, a newer driver means better performance or they are adding more capabilities to the hardware which is more true for newer hardware than older ones.

Libraries - Extensions. Those programs offer support to both applications and OS. For example, DirectX is a set of libraries that allow an application (a game more often) to talk directly to the hardware and so have speed advantages. C++ redistributable allows an app written in MS C++ to run on any PC without the need of installing c++ and so on. Having those is a necessity and does not offer any speed advantages between versions.

So as you see there are fundamental differences between a driver and a library. C++ is not a driver and if you already have it (some games/programs pre-install it while others just ask it) there is no need to re-install. On the other hand, if you dont really use a device, there is no need for a driver either, odd as it might sound. For example, if you don't use your network card or your USB 3c with a device that is also 3c, you won't notice that they are not functioning either. As you said tho, remove the graphic driver and see how your performance will be. That is how much a driver is needed on the hardware you use.

In your case, and I am speculating of course as the increase in speed can come from many factors.
* it can simply be that your previous installation had not so optimized drivers or wasn't optimized for performance while the new one is.
* It can be because new and fresh windows, in general, are not so loaded with old apps and leftovers as older windows can become.
* New graphic drivers come with game-ready optimizations.
* You may have used software that could cause delays on your old installation but not on your new one.
* Windows downloads some of its own drivers if you have not installed any and often those work very well and in some cases even better than newer ones.
*The list can become very long, but the truth is no one can 100% know as we haven't seen either your old or new installations to compare, nor do we know your hardware in general. Just know that a good set of drivers can make your PC fly, and a bad one really hurt the performance and anything in between.

This topic is very academic and can be full of speculations and soon full of opinions and not facts (much like my answer) and since threads like this are out of our scope we prefer not to let them go on for long, I am sure you understand.

Hope it helped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.