Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked information factory reset a laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordofheaven

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
9 GB
Uploaded
492 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Good evening friends ,

Everyone is well ?

Here I have just ordered my Dell gaming version computer which will be fully compatible with Windows 11 :)

but alas a question remains because Dell are not in a position to provide me with a factory restore DVD or a factory USB this is only done on Windows 7
and Windows 8 for windows 10 it wrong to go through Microsoft although after from Dell I have the drivers and software preinstalled,

and I can also go through the factory option in Windows

but here is if one day I have a big problem

so my question is this folks;

Is there any software to burn partition: hidden / recovery / recovery?
who would allow me to factory reset the laptop if one day I have a problem?

or is there other software so that I can save and boot in the future on this famous hidden partition / recovery / recovery?

because I believe that there is the following software:

AOMEI Backupper
AOMEI One Key
Acronie True Image (but we're talking about claonage, aren't we?)
and many more I guess ...

I leave it to you because I do not want to do anything stupid (for the amount I have invested) and for me it is important to me to be able to boot on this hidden partition / recovery / recovery

Thank you very much to you friends.

P.S : @TheMacGyver if you pass by pity be nice and explain to me do not show you naughty like you used to :).

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
224.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@lordofheaven hmmm i would say that is just How our Boss / Super Admin is / act (lol)
when i read this tittle " information factory reset a laptop."
you should know that you can eazy set you'r laptop to factory setup again ....
and "
Dell are not in a position to provide me with a factory restore DVD or a factory USB this is only done on Windows 7
and Windows 8 for windows 10 it wrong to go through Microsoft"

wat you write here is total normal it do go's through Microsoft :)
But i do know where the frustration is ....

i'm a oldtimer here and in the early times when i buy a new computer then i got a dvd /cd with the windows on it and one with the motherboard drivers and screen drivers ...
today you get nothing anymore and need to do it for your self (taking a backup) ^^

Last edited:

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
I use Macrium Reflect, the free version, to backup all the partions on my boot drive in one go. I imagine that Aomei and Acronis can do the same.

lordofheaven

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
9 GB
Uploaded
492 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Good evening @SiteWizard ,

How are you ?

Did the week go well?

So despite the software that exists, nothing can be done?

lordofheaven

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
9 GB
Uploaded
492 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Good evening @Charlie_Grimes ,

How are you ?

I take note of your comment

So the Macrium Reflect software also allows you to boot from the hidden / recovery / factory partition or is there something to be done?

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
224.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
Good evening @SiteWizard ,

How are you ?

Did the week go well?

So despite the software that exists, nothing can be done?
no my friend nothing can be done , except wat our friend and Admin @Charlie_Grimes here say take a backup from the total drive and place it on a external drive :)
i did that also here :)
I use Macrium Reflect, the free version, to backup all the partions on my boot drive in one go. I imagine that Aomei and Acronis can do the same.

lordofheaven

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
9 GB
Uploaded
492 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
no my friend nothing can be done , except wat our friend and Admin @Charlie_Grimes here say take a backup from the total drive and place it on a external drive :)
i did that also here :)
So if I understand correctly what you are telling me:
here I make a backup of the total drive and I place it on an external drive I should be able to boot from it is that it?

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
224.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
hmm nope my friend but you will have the backup from your system and windows and drivers when something should go bad ....
then you use the backup program to replace everything like it was when you took your backup :)
and when you restart the computer / laptop after that is everything back then you will be fine :)

lordofheaven

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
9 GB
Uploaded
492 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
hmm nope my friend but you will have the backup from your system and windows and drivers when something should go bad ....
then you use the backup program to replace everything like it was when you took your backup :)
and when you restart the computer / laptop after that is everything back then you will be fine :)
Very well I will go take a look at the software for that and I will come back to you like that I will not do anything stupid and we will [close] the subject
either and tomorrow I'm not there but by the end of the week I will answer the subject :).

Thanks to both of you and your kindness for helping me :).

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
224.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
well then ad the end of next week you tell US then to close this thread :)
just do it when you are not in need anymore :)

lordofheaven

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
9 GB
Uploaded
492 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
well then ad the end of next week you tell US then to close this thread :)
just do it when you are not in need anymore :)
big thank you to you always so friendly and kind do not change especially :)

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
3 common ways to make recovery partition bootable "caution-i haven't tried it yet"
1: assign drive letter to recovery partition using disk management or diskpart.
2: make recovery partition active using diskpart [elevated cmd], use following commands successively seperated by "/"
list disk/select disk 0 (where recovery partition locates)/list partition/select partition # (recovery partition number)/set id=07 override/active/exit reboot.
3: make recovery partition enabled using diskpart [elevated cmd], use following commands successively seperated by "-"
(find the install.wim file, Suppose the file is in E:/sources folder.)
reagentc /setosimage /path E:\sources /index 1 /target C:\Windows-reagentc /enable-recoverydrive-exit reboot.

lordofheaven

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
9 GB
Uploaded
492 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
@PsyTom , thank you very much but it seems way too complicated for me :)

after if however you had an example why not :)

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
4.9 TB
Uploaded
268 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
I use Macrium Reflect, but I do it a little differently than most.
I set up my machine the way I want it.
I grab a USB drive large enough to hold the OS and some change. AKA a 64 gb or 128 gb drive, USB 3.0 or better is preferred due to speed of restore.
I use Macrium to make this a bootable USB drive.
I use the additional space on the drive to hold the OS for restoration and store the drive inside the machine itself, so it won't accidentally "walk off" or get wiped if I am in a rush.
Then it is as simple as, plugging in the drive, booting the Macrium software, and pointing to the folder holding your OS, and telling it to restore.
Wait about 10 to 20 minutes, exit Macrium, and you are back up and running.

lordofheaven

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
9 GB
Uploaded
492 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
@Charles , I will get closer to the software:
- Macrium Reflect then I'll get back to you all by the end of the week.

Thank you to you for your contribution.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
I avoid intervening in threads that have many people offering help but we are making this unnecessarily complicated so let's make it simple. Here we have many concurrent subjects and it would be best to try to talk about one at a time so we dont get more confused.

@lordofheaven You need to be more clear and direct at what you want to do because you are talking about different topics at the same time and it gets confusing. Maybe do some research about the topics before you ask. In this case, you are mixing windows RE (recovery environment) with software Backup.

So before I start let's clear things and start from the... end.
for me it is important to me to be able to boot on this hidden partition / recovery / recovery
Who said you can't or you won't be? The only time you will not be able to boot from there is if your disk gets physically damaged, or you mess with the partitions/disk yourself. Dont touch them and you will be ok. The partition is hidden from windows (can't even be accessed in normal conditions) and is only used for windows recovery. Also, I dont see why are you planning to use it before you even get the laptop. Windows are not that easy to break. Use a virtual machine to test your software, protect yourself from viruses and use commons sense and you will be ok. In case of physical damage, windows Re can't do anything, anyway.

Is there any software to burn partition: hidden / recovery / recovery?
who would allow me to factory reset the laptop if one day I have a problem?
These are 2 questions that are unrelated.
1. Yes there is. Any backup software such as Macrium Reflect will backup the entire disk or any partition of that disk. Note here, there is no point backing up ONLY the Recovery partition.
2. Factory reset means to bring the laptop exactly as it was the day it came out of the "factory". Do you want to bring it to that state with Dell's windows, and NOTHING ELSE or keep any customizations you made including installing your own OS from here? Each way has a different approach

In general, using windows RE will ONLY restore windows and you will lose ANY changes you made, including customizations, software, and updates you did, personal files, etc. If you use backup software, whatever you take backup it can be restored including windows, customizations, drivers, software, and personal files. The way that this happens is, when you use the backup program it asks you which medium to use to keep the backup and also if you like to make it bootable. When you make the right choices, the program will create a USB stick, that IF and when you get into problems, you will boot from that USB, it will run the restore program, and will restore your system as the day you took the backup. Doing so will make you lose all your changes AFTER you took the backup including work files, images, etc.

So as you see, those 2 methods (Windows Re and full Backup) are for different kinds of problems and offer different solutions. No point worrying about Windows Re when you do a full backup and no point doing a full backup if all you want is to use windows RE to restore only windows.

or is there other software so that I can save and boot in the future on this famous hidden partition / recovery / recovery?
You dont need to save the particular partition. if you want to boot from it manually all you need is a USB flash drive with windows on it, or run the recovery option of the windows already on your disk. You can google how to initiate windows RE.

Additionally, if you worry about drivers... dont. All drivers of every laptop can be found on their website or on many driver sites.

I can understand when you are new to some things, it's easy to get worried, but things are not that easy to break unless you dont take care of them or you do it on purpose. Dont install any software from any source without a reason. Scan every file you download. Test in a virtual machine if you plan to use untrusted sources or system software. Back up your personal files on the web AND on a separate USB flash drive. Use your head and you will probably never need to see the recovery partition.

To conclude this, you have to make a choice as to what you want to use and that is up to you and your needs. You can use either windows Re or full backup software, or use both but no point doing so really. Research a bit more, and decide which path you want to take.

if there isn't anything else, I think we can close this thread.

Last edited:

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Why is this in Solutions & Discussions? Should be in Help & request... yes/no?

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Why is this in Solutions & Discussions? Should be in Help & request... yes/no?
Great minds think alike :p I just moved it.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
Why is this chit chat festival approaching 2nd page..
MORE than enough given.

COMPLETE AND LOCKED

Status
Not open for further replies.