Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Issue uploading on both qbittorent, uTorrent and biglybt - if you can help I'd appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alankenly

Downloaded
391.6 GB
Uploaded
2.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
OK so I tried all these apps in the title of this post - I reinstalled windows (different versions (VIP and non-VIP OS's)

I noticed that I can download fine, but I seem to have an issue with incoming connections it simply will not connect and seed anything i have downloaded.

I tried to troubleshoot and it said "port forwarding needed to setup" I had a look into this - I looked on my Nighthawk R8000 AC3200 port forwarding and created a port at random.

I'm not very 'apt' when it comes to networking, I have my BT router which is my ISP and then my nighthawk which is what all my devices connect to.

before I installed windows 10 originally, everything worked fine - uploading and downloading were all perfect.

I have tried several versions of windows 10 to try to resolve this, I then loaded biglybt on my phone and downloaded a small torrent and checked the uploading/seeding and that was fine so it is something to do with my router/s. I'm a little bit stumped.

if anyone can help I would really appreciate it very much before my ratio goes completely, I've now stopped all downloading now until I can figure this out with some help.

if this post is not allowed here please delete.

thank you for taking your time to read this.

Alan

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
If I understand correctly, it is your BT router which connects to the outside world. If that is so then you are going to have to open a port for bittorrent on it and then configure everything else to use that port.

I know nothing about Nighthawk R8000 AC3200 so I can't help with that part.

Windows firewall will have to be configured to let incoming bittorrent connections get through. The easiest way to do that is to use uTorrent and to enable the "Add Windows Firewall exception". You will need to tell uTorrent what port to use. This will probably be the port that you configure on the BT router. However, if the Nighthawk does a port translation then the port you specify in uTorrent will be something different. If you use qBittorrent then I think that you will have to create a Windows firewall exception manually.

Jai Kishan

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.5 GB
Uploaded
1.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
try updating your routers firmware, maybe it can solve your problem ,if it doesn't others will help you

Alankenly

Downloaded
391.6 GB
Uploaded
2.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
try updating your routers firmware, maybe it can solve your problem ,if it doesn't others will help you
ive done that but im going to look onmy bt router and see if that will fix it thanks guys

Alankenly

Downloaded
391.6 GB
Uploaded
2.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
right, im going to install a diff OS i got recently hopefully that might fix it because i never had an issue or fix port fowarding before...thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Jai Kishan

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.5 GB
Uploaded
1.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
if its your router then os a different os wont fix it, if its the os maybe you can upload again..good luck

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
right, im going to install a diff OS i got recently hopefully that might fix it because i never had an issue or fix port fowarding before...thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Go ahead if it makes you feel better but I don't think that any OS is going to magically auto-configure iteself for bittorrent. Whichever OS you use you are going to have to configure whichever torrent client you use and perhaps the OS firewall too.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Ok let's get some things clear first.

In case you don't know, ports are used as a way to split the internet data to different applications. For example, you may have your browser on, a torrent client, and a chat application like skype. By using ports your PC can forward the data that come from a single pipeline (your modem/isp) separately to each application as each app has its own port to use. Data that go to port 80 means they are meant for browser for example etc.

When the data come from the internet, they first go through your modem. As they arrive they say to the modem, "Hey, I'm here for the app at port 6500". Modem checks and if the port is closed... data cant come through. That's what we call opening/forwarding port.

For port forwarding to work you need to do 1 of the below:
1. Enable UPnP service in both software (torrent client/windows) and modem. If you don't know the exact steps, use google to see them as it will make this pots a small book if I was to copy-paste here. UPnP stands for Universal Plug and play, and it's a way for apps and windows/modem to autoconfigure each other as far as ports go.
2. To have a static IP on your PC and visit the relative port page on your modem web server. By using the settings there, you instruct the modem to open xxxx port and forward it to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Ip address which is your computer.

To do that, log into your Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 router and navigate to the port forwarding section.
Click the Advanced link.
Click the Advanced Setup link.
Click on Port Forwarding / Port Triggering.
Click the Port Forwarding radio button.
Click the Add Custom Service button.

chrome_2020-12-03_08-52-47.png

The above should enable port forwarding for your torrent client. If you are not sure about how to do this, better call a friend who knows a bit more and show him/her this page. You can also find instructions on your modem manual (download from the official web site) or visit https://portforward.com/netgear/nighthawk-x6-r8000/ .

You probably will need to do the same for your BT router too. and again, manuals or google will be the correct way to fix it or a visit from a friend that knows. Due to the nature of the problem, and the fact that you use 2 modem/routers and that no one knows all modem/router models, it's hard to help any further as it requires hands on fixing and not from far.

Btw no need to flash the modem, port forwarding is working since the very 1st modems and shouldn't be an issue, and no need to reinstall windows as that has nothing to do with the problem unless UPnP ( Network Discovery ) has been removed which I doubt (but you never know).

Hope it helped.

Last edited:

Alankenly

Downloaded
391.6 GB
Uploaded
2.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Ok let's get some things clear first.

In case you don't know, ports are used as a way to split the internet data to different applications. For example, you may have your browser on, a torrent client, and a chat application like skype. By using ports your PC can forward the data that come from a single pipeline (your modem/isp) separately to each application as each app has its own port to use. Data that go to port 80 means they are meant for browser for example etc.

When the data come from the internet, they first go through your modem. As they arrive they say to the modem, "Hey, I'm here for the app at port 6500". Modem checks and if the port is closed... data cant come through. That's what we call opening/forwarding port.

For port forwarding to work you need to do 1 of the below:
1. Enable UPnP service in both software (torrent client/windows) and modem. If you don't know the exact steps, use google to see them as it will make this pots a small book if I was to copy-paste here. UPnP stands for Universal Plug and play, and it's a way for apps and windows/modem to autoconfigure each other as far as ports go.
2. To have a static IP on your PC and visit the relative port page on your modem web server. By using the settings there, you instruct the modem to open xxxx port and forward it to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Ip address which is your computer.

To do that, log into your Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 router and navigate to the port forwarding section.
Click the Advanced link.
Click the Advanced Setup link.
Click on Port Forwarding / Port Triggering.
Click the Port Forwarding radio button.
Click the Add Custom Service button.

chrome_2020-12-03_08-52-47.png

The above should enable port forwarding for your torrent client. If you are not sure about how to do this, better call a friend who knows a bit more and show him/her this page. You can also find instructions on your modem manual (download from the official web site) or visit https://portforward.com/netgear/nighthawk-x6-r8000/ .

You probably will need to do the same for your BT router too. and again, manuals or google will be the correct way to fix it or a visit from a friend that knows. Due to the nature of the problem, and the fact that you use 2 modem/routers and that no one knows all modem/router models, it's hard to help any further as it requires hands on fixing and not from far.

Btw no need to flash the modem, port forwarding is working since the very 1st modems and shouldn't be an issue, and no need to reinstall windows as that has nothing to do with the problem unless UPnP ( Network Discovery ) has been removed which I doubt (but you never know).

Hope it helped.
Thank you, it did and it is sorted now, i apologise if i was annoying with this thread,i got really stuck - however it seems to be fixed now, so thank you.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
You were not annoying at all. You had an issue with your torrents and you tried to fix it the best way you could. Since we are done here, I will close this thread and hope you enjoy your seeding. If there is anything else, feel free to contact a mod/admin to reopen this thread.

Thank you all for your answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.