Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tutorials Keep torrents intact even Windows die - tutorial to keep torrents forever

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,586.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
First of all, I want to apologize for my bad English, so fell free to inform me for every mistake, so I can fix it!!!

I create archive in which are portable version of µtorrent 1.7.7 and µtorrent 2.2.1 ...You can take it >> << In archive everything mentioned below are already implemented except 1.step - renaming disk/partition.

Several steps which will help You to keep all Your torrent as well as torrent client forever safe:

- Use/create one partition or whole disk and change its name to " X: " << or any other letter which You prefer but keep in mind which letter you choose.

- Download and Unpack µtorrent portable archive on root of that disk/partition and You shall have this structure:

Pr9aZM.png

- Find path "x:\1A XMule\Torrent\" and chose which version You want to use:
"µtorrent.exe" is portable ver which I use /1.7.7 /
"µTorrentPortable.exe" is for ver /2.2.1/ {can manage magnet files}

and create a shortcut where You want and run it. Open "Options/Preference/General" and check boxes like in the picture:

Pr94JH.png

Practically that is that, and You are ready to go

Deeper explanation and If You do not use this version of µTorrent-clients which I provide, then read this!

When You run some "*.torrent" from any tracker, file "*.torrent" shall be downloaded in >> "x:\1A XMule\Torrent\Upload\" folder.

Pr9pTj.png

"Real" torrent shall start to download in "x:\1A XMule\Incoming\" folder

Pr9SkV.png

When "real torrent" was finished 100%, "*.torrent" from "x:\1A XMule\Torrent\Upload\" shall be moved to "x:\1A XMule\Torrent\Finished\"
/
in my language named "Gotovi"/ folder so You can see all already downloaded torrent's at same place.

Pr9pTj.png

Basically, all necessary files which was needed to have working torrent client are in one folder. That gave You opportunity to, simply that disk just put in another computer,
give disk name "X:" and run torrent client. All is already there and no wasting time for re-run "*.torrent"s or recheck downloaded torrents.

Two more big thing:

1. If You set it all as I already wrote
, You have one more big opportunity!

In case that Your Windows crashed .... do this

Copy Your torrent folder / I call it 1A XMule /, to other disk!....
Reinstall Windows ....
copy Back 1A XMule back .... and run torrent client ...everything is there

. If You do not use portable version but You set it Up as I wrote:
1. Copy folders "Incoming" where are all Your downloaded torrents, and folder "Torrent\Finished" where are "*.torrent" files off all which You downloaded to other/spare disk

Reinstall Windows and copy back folders copied above! Install new µtorrent client, open settings and put paths to "Incoming and torrent\upload" folders and then

Make Your torrenting life easier

Make new folder in torrent folder and give him any name ...like ..."Probe".... then from folder "torrent\upload" copy all "*.torrent" to that /Probe/ folder

PrPc5K.png

Next time when You restart Your Client, it will automatically read all *.torrent from "Probe" and import/recheck torrents in "Incoming" folder, and You are ready to go

Simple as that!

Not finished YET... but, thanx to @Cyler is now visible... I need to relocate few images...to make all clearer

Last edited:

psychopat78

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
79.6 GB
Uploaded
2.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
you can use BBCODE to insert your images from lookimg site to show them directly into your thread... no need of those link to display them... try it... the forum will do it's job to fetch them and display them

IForget

Downloaded
338.1 GB
Uploaded
315.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Thanks for the ideas, As I have many PC's ( 7 almost exact duplicate systems ) spread around our home ( Win 7 of course :)
I keep getting hit and runs, as I am never on the same machine and it is not advisable to leave them running as they are all extremely power hungry .
And using a portable version on an external just might work best for me. Now, i'm off to find a large enough drive :)
Why didn't I think of that ? :)

osxp1

Downloaded
68.2 GB
Uploaded
3.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Awesome, with taking into consideration that those versions don't work with magnet links.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Changed the links of images to images so it can be understood better and have a better presentation. Thank you for the guide and I hope I didn't mess any images :p

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,586.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Changed the links of images to images so it can be understood better and have a better presentation. Thank you for the guide and I hope I didn't mess any images :p
Thank You 1.000.000 TIMES. Yesterday had problems with links, and just when /with other menbers help/, find how... I was send to business trip...
Thank You again... appreciate Your time and effort buddy

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,586.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Awesome, with taking into consideration that those versions don't work with magnet links.
2.2.1 work with magnet links, I mention that at beginning...

Gabby01

Someday I hope...
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1,013.8 GB
Uploaded
28.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
@fantom, thanks for this nice tutorial!... :D

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,586.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
I think that this tutorial is now finished! :emo:
If You have any question, Please, fell free and ask here! I shall respond ASAP.

Thank You All for Your patients!

Last edited:

wwa12

Downloaded
43.8 GB
Uploaded
146.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
i needed that 3 weeks ago. anyway i'm more than happy ill definitly keep that tutorial for future usage, Thank you

RedDove

⭐ VIP
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
118.2 GB
Uploaded
40.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
:hi: Thanks for the download and
tutorial fantom.:)
Bookmarked

Nothing wrong with your English, It is better than most people
I know.

nuttz

Queen of the Water
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
208.5 GB
Uploaded
102.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
56 (55)
Member for 8 years
@fantom great tutorial even this dumb blond Scotswoman could understand it

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,586.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Thanks for the ideas, As I have many PC's ( 7 almost exact duplicate systems ) spread around our home ( Win 7 of course :)
I keep getting hit and runs, as I am never on the same machine and it is not advisable to leave them running as they are all extremely power hungry .
And using a portable version on an external just might work best for me. Now, i'm off to find a large enough drive :)
Why didn't I think of that ? :)

Sorry for late respond!

It is not good and not advised to have several torrent client on same IP address, specially if they seed same torrents . Practically You shall kill Your network&router and You will not gain any benefits from tracker! It will be even worse for Your seed-bonus because
Tracker follow same user but from different IP addresses, but if Your several torrent clients constantly bombing tracker with updating from same IP, and resetting update time, many of seed-bonus points will just drop out in counting, and You can not expect even 1-3% better/more even if any at all.

In few words: seed from 2 IP addresses will worth more then 100 from one IP

Last edited:

IForget

Downloaded
338.1 GB
Uploaded
315.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Sorry for late respond!

It is not good and not advised to have several torrent client on same IP address. Practically You shall kill Your network&router and You will not gain any benefits from tracker! It will be even worse for Your seed-bonus because Tracker follow same user but from different IP addresses, but if Your several torrent clients constantly bombing tracker with updating from same IP, and resetting update time, many of seed-bonus points will just drop out in counting, and You can not expect even 1-3% better/more even if any at all.

In few words: seed from 2 IP addresses will worth more then 100 from one IP
Thanks for the info, Ima stupid when it comes to this torrent stuff :) Guess I'll have to accept the hit&run's .

ikram62

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
20.8 GB
Uploaded
5.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
what a wonderful post shared with us....keep it up.

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,586.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years

ikram62

Thank You! To much time I was on this waves ...so lets help other to learn swim, easy way :cool:

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
thank you for sharing the information.

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,586.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Uploaded link from first post for portable torrent client 1.77 or 2.21 was >> <<

Please, inform me here if it "die" to reborn it :giggle:

Last edited:

pinkfloyder

pinkfloyder
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
370.8 GB
Uploaded
1.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Super tutorial fantom, many thanks!!

sandyss18

Downloaded
43.4 GB
Uploaded
71.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Grt one. Always Nice to have a portable solution.