Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Laptop Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

nassernody

Downloaded
180 GB
Uploaded
122.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
i have this laptop with this specification and i want to upgrade it any ideas
ps : upgrade this laptop specs not buy new one

CzechShark

Silent Helper
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
38.5 GB
Uploaded
65.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
248 (0)
Member for 5 years
The thing about laptops is you really Can't upgrade them. Without knowing more detail about your laptop i would say the only logical upgrade would be to swap out your hard drive with an SSD.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Since it's a laptop (it looks like an IdeaPad Z500) you can't upgrade many things. The only 2 you can upgrade are the Hard disk and maybe Ram and I would prioritize the hard disk.

Find a decent SSD, and replace your 5400 spinner and that will make your laptop look like it's flying. OS will boot in a few seconds and everything will become more responsive. Note here you will have to take out your old one but you can still place it within a USB enclosure box and use it as an external disk.

Ram would be your second option, but it will cost a bit for a new one so have your eyes open for a used one those sometimes come with a risk so better choose a reputable source. You need to find either 2 sticks of 4 GB or 2 of 8 GB of DDR3-1600 SODIMM preferably CL 11. Note here you can not exceed 16 Gb of total ram and you will have to remove your old ram. Ram may cost a bit more depending on your location.

That's about it and no other upgrade can be done apart from buying a new laptop.

Hope it helped.

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
To post an image, try to use https://lookimg.com/ only. @nassernody

steve ross

Downloaded
467.7 GB
Uploaded
671.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
When you buy an SSD make sure you stay away from there cheap ones.

Samsung 860 PRO​

This is the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prasant Majhi

Downloaded
56.4 GB
Uploaded
1.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
First of all its a laptop you are talking about there's not much you can upgrade about it. But you can go for a SSD Drive by installing which you can notice a significant boost speed up to your laptop then you can go for a ram upgrade . You can have both SSD and HDD installed depending upon the type of SDD your laptop is gonna support. We can talk more about it only if you let me know how many of your RAM SLOTS are empty. You can find it out in the performance tab of task manager . @nassernody

konohamaru

Downloaded
43.1 GB
Uploaded
510.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
There isn't much you can upgrade. Only RAM (empty slot or change the existing one with more) and SSD instead of HDD.

If one has an upgrade in mind, should stick to desktop.

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Balance the cost of the ram and hard drive against selling the old one and buying a new (second hand) one. Upgrading isn't always a cost effective option. If possible, consider a second hand pc / monitor, they are far better value, and much more fun for working on if computers are your hobby. I don't know your location but where I am, I an buy a 2 x Xeon hp 600 with 48 ram with monitor for 150.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
@nassernody, I think all possible solutions for this thread are on the table. :)
Any other questions you have before closing this thread?

nassernody

Downloaded
180 GB
Uploaded
122.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
@nassernody, I think all possible solutions for this thread are on the table. :)
Any other questions you have before closing this thread?
No bro thanks for all help

Status
Not open for further replies.