Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Linux noob question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzerox13

Downloaded
2.9 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
So I've been using Windows most of my life, from '98 to 8.1, tried 10, didn't like it, consistently using 7; and have used older Mac OS 9 and the first couple OS X.

I'm completely new to any Linux OS, and was wondering if anyone could recommend the most user friendly, easiest to learn/transition to version; would it be Zorin, Red Hat, Ubuntu, or...?

I would love to be able to run all the games and programs I've used for decades with Windows on a Linux system also, if that's possible?

I just feel like Microsoft is kind of going downhill, losing steam with Windows OS's, and I'd rather not sit around hoping the next corporate approved version of Windows spyware will be better lol

1ntr0v3rt3ch

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
499 GB
Uploaded
148.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Try PoP OS. About the games, you can check it first if it's supported by that OS, you can use Wine also to run Windows Applications in Linux.

xzerox13

Downloaded
2.9 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
PoP OS? Excellent thank you! I'll check that one out tonight :) I can dual boot with Windows?

1ntr0v3rt3ch

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
499 GB
Uploaded
148.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
PoP OS? Excellent thank you! I'll check that one out tonight :) I can dual boot with Windows?
yes! you can do a dual boot, there are guides posted in YouTube. For me, what I do is install it on another drive rather than installing it in a single drive alongside with windows to avoid problems, just a suggestion only.

xzerox13

Downloaded
2.9 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Awesome! Thanks a lot :) already downloaded, gonna install on my laptop tomorrow and take it for a test run.

Skip1

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
117.3 GB
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
26 (23)
Member for 6 years
Also check the site distrowatch.com | Great resource and gives you everything you need in one place if you are looking for a linux OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.