Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Memory Write Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikaze000

Downloaded
156.1 GB
Uploaded
380.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hello everyone, from this precious community, I have a USB memory Kingston DataTraveler G4 16 GB
I have used tools such as AOMEI Partition Assistant, HDD LLF Low Level Format Tool, Hard Disk Sentinel, scanning with Eset Internet Security antivirus, Windows Defender, I have connected a memory in a newly formatted windows and it has not been possible., and nothing at all, I almost think that it is physically damaged, but perhaps there is some magic solution that I have overlooked, thanks

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Moved to Help & Request section... Good luck!

Light_Eater

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
768.3 GB
Uploaded
111 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Use this free tool to format it
Code:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

Zyan94

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
31 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
What is the problem you're facing specifically?

1. USB doesn't show up in drive?
2. USB shows up but not assigned drive letter?
3. USB show up normally but couldn't access (please reformat disk to use)?
4. USB became write protected and read only, even formatting is impossible ?

But nevertheless, based on my experience, I've encounter all the problems above on a few occasions, and let me tell you, only 1/10 cases the pendrive can be saved or data can be retrieved using the software you mentioned.
As you've guess correctly, the problem lies in faulty hardware, usually the chipset. Is it fixable, yes, anything is possible if you have enough time, money and patience.

10/10 times, the problem is due to broken solder/ partition table corrupted (hence your pc does not know how to access the raw files). Plus the data is fragmented across the entire memory element (usually nand), so running a data recovery does not result in how you think it may.
So, unless you have all the tools, skills, software and firmware to re-solder/re-flash the IC firmware , just throw away the damn thing and learn a valuable lesson to always backup your files. I've learn it the hard way, many times, and trust me, backing up files can save you lots of trouble, and it goes a long way. :lipssealed:

kamikaze000

Downloaded
156.1 GB
Uploaded
380.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
SD Card Formatter : Cannot Format Write Protected Card. @Light_Eater
It assigns me unity. I can browse the drive, but I can't format.
Use SD Card formatt tool, AOMEI, also, normal formatting, option to delete partitions, formatting all types of formats, from disk manager, I tried low level formatting, with HDD Level format, Bitlocker disabled, use an .iso with rufus, nothing, the usb has no key. . I don't think it's a problem with the operating system either, I used two different computers with a newly formatted operating system.

There has to be a way, all of a sudden my memory hasn't dropped, I haven't had a problem with voltages, it was working fine and suddenly it stopped working. Keep investigating.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
233.8 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@kamikaze000 say " have connected a memory in a newly formatted windows and it has not been possible., and nothing at all, I almost think that it is physically damaged, "
i had this also ones , windefender have closed and locked the USB memory Kingston DataTraveler G4 16 GB
the only thing i could do was delete that partition and make a new one on the stick ....

otherwise i think you can place it in the garbage bin .... i lost 3 usb's that way ....

Light_Eater

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
768.3 GB
Uploaded
111 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I've guessed that you used it as a bootable drive

I use SD card formatter to restore cards / pen drives to default state, it never let me down. Your pen drive don't have any physical write protection, so I am really not sure how it can still resist. Maybe someone else was in this situation and be able to help you.

Zyan94

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
31 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
What is the problem you're facing specifically?

1. USB doesn't show up in drive?
2. USB shows up but not assigned drive letter?
3. USB show up normally but couldn't access (please reformat disk to use)?
4. USB became write protected and read only, even formatting is impossible ?

But nevertheless, based on my experience, I've encounter all the problems above on a few occasions, and let me tell you, only 1/10 cases the pendrive can be saved or data can be retrieved using the software you mentioned.
As you've guess correctly, the problem lies in faulty hardware, usually the chipset. Is it fixable, yes, anything is possible if you have enough time, money and patience.

10/10 times, the problem is due to broken solder/ partition table corrupted (hence your pc does not know how to access the raw files). Plus the data is fragmented across the entire memory element (usually nand), so running a data recovery does not result in how you think it may.
So, unless you have all the tools, skills, software and firmware to re-solder/re-flash the IC firmware , just throw away the damn thing and learn a valuable lesson to always backup your files. I've learn it the hard way, many times, and trust me, backing up files can save you lots of trouble, and it goes a long way. :lipssealed:
Sorry, I missed the title :D

Well, you can try chkdsk command in cmd and try to clear the write protected there.

So, if all attempts failed, and you're really into fixing your pendrive due to some very very important data or photos, for a last resort before you throw it away, you can take a shot at this guy -> Emo Teardown. I'm not sure is he from china or hong kong. You can search him on facebook /硬核拆解-Emo-teardown-105402784332742/, he does provide lots of hardware repair services. I've seen him teardown usbs to reflash or transfer nand chips from ssd to a pendrive, definitely a pro. He's has a channel on yt too if you're interested.

Last edited:

Baronstragen

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
87.6 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
19 (20)
Member for 6 years
I've had a write-locked USB before, I just use the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool to set the USB back to default and format it. It's easily available through google.
Cheers,

lunchtime

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
961.1 GB
Uploaded
46.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I've had a write-locked USB before, I just use the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool to set the USB back to default and format it. It's easily available through google.
Cheers,
If this doesn't work... check your USB for a micro switch on it. I've had a card / stick that had a super tiny switch that prevented writing to it. Had to flick it with a pin or something tiny as it was super sneaky.

kamikaze000

Downloaded
156.1 GB
Uploaded
380.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Unfortunately there was no solution, I did everything you told me, it was not possible, the problem is physical. My memory has died.
Thank you very much to all! :inlove:

Sometimes there is a solution with a memory protected against reading, it was not my case, but perhaps someone who has the same problem, and is lucky and finds a solution with all the comments.

Baronstragen

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
87.6 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
19 (20)
Member for 6 years
I think the answer has been found. Moderators can close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.