Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News Microsoft moving against treated softwares?

I've read an article on xda where Microsoft is force updating the Windows 10 versions to 21h2. And I've also heard that Microsoft is pushing 50% off deals to the people who are using treated office softwares. Also Microsoft is forcing people to login to Microsoft accounts to setup their laptops in Windows 11. Doesn't these look like a big move against treated softwares

Last edited:

Tonee Lim

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2 TB
Uploaded
21.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Aye...installing newer treated W11s seems to get the sign-in w/ an account nag to make the additional features work...not a big hassle (the OS still works) but it gets more pushy with the education and business versions...I wonder what comes up next since the TPM did not pan out so that Micro can become an Apple (Apple have been using the TPM kinda approach to force their product to go obsolete in a certain number of years or updates...forcing you to upgrade and shell money out). Also, I wonder if it's just me but...with Micro getting Acti/Blizz...I fear their account security will get better and will all be now cloud based...you will actually be made to pay for a subscription better given that's how the gaming industry made bank...the only downside to their getting dinged a little bit is when a non-online (LAN or private server) stand-alone version of their game releases (can work for base OS i think but what about apps?).

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,588.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Well, after update to 21H2, I am constantly asked by ESET firewall "Do you allow proces xxx to send data to xxx. MSN-update-something.. Bla bla."
After some time, this process is shown every 5-15 minutes.
Now is disabled by firewall rule... And I wait what shall happens.

GoldenEagle54

Downloaded
13.9 GB
Uploaded
16.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Well. I'm thinking of downgrading to a minimal version of Wndows 10 below 21H1

*TheBeast*

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
947.2 MB
Uploaded
149.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
The 50% off Lifetime License Deals may have Negative sides to them, I looked at them and they specifically state >

"for use on 1 computer"

So if you make any Big upgrades to your computer such as Motherboard/CPU or whatever the key Might* not work anymore. Or if you buy a NEW computer the key might not work on your new computer as it might be "linked" to the hardware inside your old computer. So if that is the case it's not a very good deal. They likely work the same way a OEM Windows key works when you buy a prebuilt Computer that comes preinstalled with windows the key only works on that computer Only! And any big changes/upgrades invalidates the key. I doubt i would purchase something like that. maybe if it was 10$.

poerfer

Downloaded
29.7 KB
Uploaded
1.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I have read the same article and I see that users with Windows 10 20H2 will be automatically upgraded to 21H2 because 20H2 will soon become end of support.

This approach is both good and bad because at the same time they force me to use the latest version which maybe I don't like or I don't need it at this time but they also ensure we are up-to-dated with security patches and bugs fixed(but I don't think they want the best for us, they have their thoughts lol). True be told, I wouldn't force users to update to the latest version if they don't want, maybe someone which running now 20H2 is enough for his programs and what he does on computer.

If this become available for all users, this can stopped with disabling updates but this add a vulnerablity to future threads is some cases.

DEATHMASTER

Downloaded
224.3 GB
Uploaded
788.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Microsft is a Leader in this world of "OURS", and WE want customized OS's and other stufff, don't we? Instead of worrying about what might be coming to change that, we should let Microsoft know and understand what WE want and need as a whole... We are a commuunity and Microsoft needs these communities to move foreward to a New and Better Future Together as ONE. TeamOs is a Great place for me to visit and learn from and to interact with Great people like YOU... And Microsoft is also a Great place, can't We and Microsoft just get along??? I Believe We and Microsoft CAN!!! It won't hurt to give it a try...

YvoSu

Downloaded
120 GB
Uploaded
533.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Hi Folks
Have read through a few comments. All symptom control (as in conventional medicine). I realize more and more that it only helps to get away from Microsoft and use Linux. Or as I do: host system Linux-Mint 20.3 and a proper Win7 from Team-OS as guest system in a vbox. MS is getting more and more impudent! It's time that the customers "honor" this!
BRGDS YvoSu

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
thank you for your discernment, greetings!

ModManG

Don't steal, the government hates competition!
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
160.9 GB
Uploaded
46 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I agree with @YvoSu

Time to start looking more seriously at Linux. Most distros have always been better than Windows or Mac. Alot of the better Win and Mac "innovations" look very similar to things that were already standard in a lot of Linux Distros four or five years ago. Just not enough upper echelon software because programmers gravitate toward the largest market.

YvoSu

Downloaded
120 GB
Uploaded
533.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
I agree with @YvoSu

Time to start looking more seriously at Linux. Most distros have always been better than Windows or Mac. Alot of the better Win and Mac "innovations" look very similar to things that were already standard in a lot of Linux Distros four or five years ago. Just not enough upper echelon software because programmers gravitate toward the largest market.
That's how it is ModManG.
I tested a load of Linux distros. In my personal opinion there are only 2 really usable distros that are also suitable for Windows users who can't stand Microsoft anymore: As I mentioned Linux-Mint 20.3 and Emmabuntüs DE4 XFCE (for ageing computers but of course also for the newest computers). Both are based on Debian. I mean most computer users just want to surf the internet, listen to the radio and watch a movie or write a letter. For many of the "normal" users it is already highly intelligent, if they can do the aforementioned things at all. So a stable, solid debian-based framework is already an advantage, isn't it? There are also other systems, like Zorin. But this gets worse with every version. I think Zorin is unusable! But that's just my opinion.

ModManG

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
160.9 GB
Uploaded
46 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
That's how it is ModManG.
I tested a load of Linux distros. In my personal opinion there are only 2 really usable distros that are also suitable for Windows users who can't stand Microsoft anymore: As I mentioned Linux-Mint 20.3 and Emmabuntüs DE4 XFCE (for ageing computers but of course also for the newest computers). Both are based on Debian. I mean most computer users just want to surf the internet, listen to the radio and watch a movie or write a letter. For many of the "normal" users it is already highly intelligent, if they can do the aforementioned things at all. So a stable, solid debian-based framework is already an advantage, isn't it? There are also other systems, like Zorin. But this gets worse with every version. I think Zorin is unusable! But that's just my opinion.
We are all intitled to our opinions but I think you are wrong when it comes to useable distros.

I like a lot of the UBU based distros. I think that there are a few that are great for daily drivers and new users. Pop!_ OS, LinuxMint, Elementary OS, KDE Neon, feren OS and all the Ubuntu forks. And if you want to get technical all of those are in essence Debian based because they’re based on Ubuntu.

I think that across the board the GUI for most distros have become much more easily accessible for everyone. The progress of better integration of Wine, Play on linux, Lutris and (if you go the non-free route) Crossover has really done an awesome job of making nearly all software more available.

I am a huge fan of (Arch Based) Garuda. Garuda KDE Dr460nized is my gaming distro. I mean reallyA freaking gaming distro” (and not just Tuxcart and freeciv) when did we ever think that we could say that with a straight face? I play everything on this and it’s no slouch when it come to productivity either.

So, in my opinion, we are closer as Linux users to being able to take a real swing at the superpowers.

ModManG

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
160.9 GB
Uploaded
46 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
@GoldenEagle54, says in the thread topic "Doesn't these look like a big move against treated software?" Adobe tried the subscription crap and right now I'm using their 2022 versions. The talented individuals that give us these things, treat the untreatable, fix the unfixable and do the undoable. I wouldn't start fretting just yet!

Downloaded
36.9 GB
Uploaded
32.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Well, after update to 21H2, I am constantly asked by ESET firewall "Do you allow proces xxx to send data to xxx. MSN-update-something.. Bla bla."
After some time, this process is shown every 5-15 minutes.
Now is disabled by firewall rule... And I wait what shall happens.
Thanks for letting me know what I'm in for...lol. I'm still on 21H1 and running ESET too. I hope it works out for both of us.

YvoSu

Downloaded
120 GB
Uploaded
533.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
We are all intitled to our opinions but I think you are wrong when it comes to useable distros.

I like a lot of the UBU based distros. I think that there are a few that are great for daily drivers and new users. Pop!_ OS, LinuxMint, Elementary OS, KDE Neon, feren OS and all the Ubuntu forks. And if you want to get technical all of those are in essence Debian based because they’re based on Ubuntu.

I think that across the board the GUI for most distros have become much more easily accessible for everyone. The progress of better integration of Wine, Play on linux, Lutris and (if you go the non-free route) Crossover has really done an awesome job of making nearly all software more available.

I am a huge fan of (Arch Based) Garuda. Garuda KDE Dr460nized is my gaming distro. I mean reallyA freaking gaming distro” (and not just Tuxcart and freeciv) when did we ever think that we could say that with a straight face? I play everything on this and it’s no slouch when it come to productivity either.

So, in my opinion, we are closer as Linux users to being able to take a real swing at the superpowers.
Everyone has their own opinion and inclinations, you're right ModManG. That's why there are also different Linux distros, just like there are different types of beer >;) It's all a matter of taste.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
I use Windows 11 Pro 21H2 latest build released.
I sign in with my Microsoft account.
I use Office LTSC Professional Plus 2021.
I haven't had any problems. :p

SydneyM

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
51.6 GB
Uploaded
57.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Totally agree with @juanamm. All we have to do is uncheck the boxes under Options->Privacy Settings for optional diagnostic data,experiences that analyze and experiences that download online content. If these are not unchecked, you get the nagging about genuine software.

SydneyM

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
51.6 GB
Uploaded
57.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Regarding the point raised by @GoldenEagle54; you load Windows 11 with your Microsoft Account as required and you can later change it to a Local Account, which I did before selling a couple of Windows 11 laptops.

GoldenEagle54

Downloaded
13.9 GB
Uploaded
16.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Regarding the point raised by @GoldenEagle54; you load Windows 11 with your Microsoft Account as required and you can later change it to a Local Account, which I did before selling a couple of Windows 11 laptops.
Well. I did try a few things bro. One bypass would be to cut off the internet connection when Windows 11 setup asks you to login into MS account and then press back button which leads to local account setup.

Last edited:

GoldenEagle54

Downloaded
13.9 GB
Uploaded
16.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I use Windows 11 Pro 21H2 latest build released.
I sign in with my Microsoft account.
I use Office LTSC Professional Plus 2021.
I haven't had any problems. :p
Well. Yes. Not for now. But MS is moving more and more against medicined products. Not now but they maybe as near as shutting down the entire thing just using an OS update.