Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News Microsoft Office 2021 is on its way

if Microsoft had its way, Office 2021 probably wouldn't be news at all—the Redmond giant would almost certainly prefer that everyone simply subscribe to , pay a small monthly or annual fee, and get new features and fixes as they're rolled out. For many if not most Office users, the subscription-based service is the most convenient way to get Office, even when they want to use it as locally installed software rather than doing their work in the browser and in the cloud.
For the rest of us—and for those who don't want to put up with the Byzantine procedures necessary to install Microsoft 365 apps on Remote Desktop Servers—there's Office 2019 now, and there will be Office 2021 later this year. There will also be a new Office LTSC (Long Term Service Channel), which trades a 10 percent price hike for a guarantee of longer support periods... longer than the consumer version of Office 2021, that is.
Advertisement

In reality, the "Long Term Service Channel" version of Office 2021 will still have a shorter support life cycle than that enjoyed by previous versions of Office. Office 2019 had a seven-year support window—Office 2021 LTSC will only offer five. There's no official word yet on the support life cycle of the presumably shorter-lived consumer version of Office 2021.
So far, Office 2021 looks like it will mostly focus on visual updates; its apps include a new Dark Mode for those who prefer light text on a dark background, and unspecified accessibility improvements are on the way as well. Excel is scheduled to get a few meatier improvements ported in from Office 365, including and xlookup. The few Office 2021 screenshots we've seen don't otherwise appear dramatically different from earlier versions.
Both Office 2021 and Office 2021 LTSC will include OneNote and will be available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Office 2021 is expected to be available on both Windows and Mac in the second half of 2021, with a Windows preview of the LTSC version expected in April.

In reality, the "Long Term Service Channel" version of Office 2021 will still have a shorter support life cycle than that enjoyed by previous versions of Office. Office 2019 had a seven-year support window—Office 2021 LTSC will only offer five. There's no official word yet on the support life cycle of the presumably shorter-lived consumer version of Office 2021.

So far, Office 2021 looks like it will mostly focus on visual updates; its apps include a new Dark Mode for those who prefer light text on a dark background, and unspecified accessibility improvements are on the way as well. Excel is scheduled to get a few meatier improvements ported in from Office 365, including dynamic arrays and xlookup. The few Office 2021 screenshots we've seen don't otherwise appear dramatically different from earlier versions.

Both Office 2021 and Office 2021 LTSC will include OneNote and will be available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Office 2021 is expected to be available on both Windows and Mac in the second half of 2021, with a Windows preview of the LTSC version expected in April.

Reference - https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/02/microsoft-office-2021-is-on-its-way/
https://www.arstechnica.com/video/watch/gear-gadgets-ars-tours-taser-international-s-high-tech-office

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Thank you for your post and the info. I edited your post this time and removed external links as they are not allowed by our rules. If you wonder why you can read more here:

Please spend a few moments reading our posting rules and hope to see more in the future.

saurav1975

Downloaded
31.6 GB
Uploaded
209 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Thank you for your post and the info. I edited your post this time and removed external links as they are not allowed by our rules. If you wonder why you can read more here:

Please spend a few moments reading our posting rules and hope to see more in the future.
Appreciate you way ,note taken ,Thank You..

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years

Move to tech news please

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
88 (103)
Member for 3 years
I saw the Alpha version few weeks ago, when I was using a office downloader crc here and even told in the chat that office 21 is available now. I think it was 3 or 4 weeks ago. But what I can say for sure is: with each update the office brings in double the telemetry, the file and instllation sizes go up 10% at minimum and the RAM usage too goes up.
Moreover, each release makes it more User-Unfriendly and confusing.