Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News Nearly a quarter of PC users are still running Windows 7

PbZZSW.png

Some of the Windows 7 system could be on Extended Support, but it won’t be available forever

Almost a quarter of computer users are still using the end-of-life (EOL) OS Windows 7, despite it having stopped receiving updates in January 2020.

That's according to a report from antivirus vendor Kaspersky,despite Microsoft having stopped delivering security updates to Windows 7 installations on January 14, 2020. As is the norm, Microsoft’s move was quickly followed by many third-party vendors, who dropped the OS from their list of supported OS’s.

Kaspersky acknowledges that while updating the OS seems like a nuisance to many, not doing so offers threat actors to find their way into your installation with much more ease.

Even if you think you are vigilant and protected while online, updating your OS is an essential element of security that should not be overlooked, regardless of any third-party security solution’s presence. If [the] OS is obsolete, it can no longer receive these critical updates,” says Oleg Gorobets, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Kaspersky.

Clear and present danger​

When further analyzing the Windows 7 users, Kaspersky observes that consumers, small and medium businesses (SMBs), and very small businesses (VSBs) occupy almost the same share – 22% each.

Kaspersky reasons that the use of Windows 7 by VSBs is particularly worrying since they don’t have the resources for dedicated IT security staff, and an outdated OS puts them at a far greater risk of cyberattacks.

One small siver lining is that the study only covers installations that are enrolled with the Kaspersky Security Network (KSN), which means the total number of Internet-connected Windows 7 machines could be far greater.

True, some of these Windows 7 machines could be enrolled with the Windows 7 Extended Security Updates (ESU) program. However as Kaspersky notes, not only does the ESU program entail additional costs, it won’t be available forever

In any case, ESU programs are designed to give users extra time to plan the migration of their critical services from EOL OSes, and shouldn’t be used as an excuse to continue using an old OS.

Last edited:

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
224.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
lol , i needed to delete my windows 7 ultimate and step over to windows 10 pro a few years ago ...
reason some programs were no more working ....
but really i would say to the ppl that are still using windows 7 ...
Step over / upgrade to windows 10 pro and use startisback :)

Last edited:

pinkfloyder

pinkfloyder
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
370.8 GB
Uploaded
1.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Great info S.Prasanna Venkatesh, thank you. I totally agree with SiteWizard, they are all running a huge risk!!

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
43.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
10965 (10965)
Member for 8 years
Great info S.Prasanna Venkatesh, thank you. I totally agree with SiteWizard, they are all running a huge risk!!

You are more on to risk using win 10 due to small I would dare to say almost non protection then that you are on win 7

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
And yet, there are still a smaller percentage that uses Windows XP these days too. :giggle:
I'm still looking for a good linux distro to replace Windows 7 on my old (now 16 years old) file/media server. Eventually I will find something I can use. :nerd:

Asfandiyar

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
76.9 GB
Uploaded
7.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
In windows 7 i noted the speed of internet is full as compared to windows 10.
But I love Windows 10.
:rock:

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
43.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
10965 (10965)
Member for 8 years
But I love Windows 10.

Win 10 has a lot of backround apps that eat up your basicly everything ?

S.Prasanna Venkatesh

Uploader
Downloaded
381.9 GB
Uploaded
410.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (7)
Member for 8 years
Win 10 has a lot of backround apps that eat up your basicly everything ?
and poor update patches it gets

c10h15n

Downloaded
7.4 GB
Uploaded
1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
But I love Windows 10.

:banghead: oyyyy nako it s hurts...

stodal29

Downloaded
3.6 GB
Uploaded
12.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
there are some users who have Medicines ESU Bypass who receive updates for windows 7

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
appreciate this nice share, greetings.

DGrigorescu

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
310.8 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Imo Windows 10 LTSC 1809 is the best os. Same speed (or better) like Windows 7 (tested with old hardware). Can install UWP apps? YES! Can update? YES! Is stable like a rock? YES! Is enough for my needs (and all of my friends)? Absolutely yes! Conclusion? Long live LTSC 1809! Windows 7 is really outdated.

bijurajnr

Downloaded
227.1 GB
Uploaded
115 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Imo Windows 10 LTSC 1809 is the best os. Same speed (or better) like Windows 7 (tested with old hardware). Can install UWP apps? YES! Can update? YES! Is stable like a rock? YES! Is enough for my needs (and all of my friends)? Absolutely yes! Conclusion? Long live LTSC 1809! Windows 7 is really outdated.
I am also using Windows 10 Enterprises LTSC 1809 for a long time... best one ...got it from Team-os.... Hope we will get updates till 2027. Fbconan is advising that better to change to IOT version and we will get another 5 years ..2032..total 10 years...
Regarding Win7, I am using one ISO made by Mr. Rain... Super version... But now a days we can see mr Rain...Where is he ??

steve ross

Downloaded
457 GB
Uploaded
632.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I only use Windows for a video game and my son to play Roblox, running Windows 11 and Mint 21 on an HP Z230 at the moment, 98% on Linux. Windows 11 22H2 Pro (Build 22621.1) Bypassed + Untouched by FBConan. Runs very well on this setup.

Nirjher1

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
30.1 GB
Uploaded
381 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Still now using Windows 7 as my daily driver.

RedDove

⭐ VIP
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
118.2 GB
Uploaded
40.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
I just stepped up to windows 10, kicking and screaming I might add,
a few years ago, and here comes windows 11 just as I start feeling truly
comfortable with ten.
I tried Win11 on my main PC and a few others, but I plan on putting windows 10
back on my main, the LTSC version, but Win 7 is and will always be one of my fav. :)

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
For those who want to use 7 or XP, have a look at Deep Freeze or Shadow Defender, Reboot RestoreRX etc. It's a great way to use older systems in a safe way. XP makes a great file / video /audio /print server.

MIAN MUZAMMAL

Downloaded
104.4 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
use Linux no need to worry about anything. lol:D:D:D

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I do, as a daily driver I use Mint Mate. However, for file, print, folder, media sharing, linux can be a pain to configure to share to windows machines easily.