Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Need help against Robocalls/Texts (Android)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LodeUnknown

Downloaded
21.8 GB
Uploaded
45.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
My phone number is on the do not call .gov list and has been for over a year, I got rid of truecaller on my phone since it wasnt stopping spam callers, even seemed to be attracting them, and also because it prevented legitimate calls as well. I have since been plagued with robo/spam calls/texts nearly 4+ times a month, and im at my wits end. I need a solution besides utterly blocking all calls that aren't on my contacts, mainly because what if I set an appointment for medical/other reasons and they call me with a number somewhat different than their business number

whatever app that exists that can truly help and not be a piece of crap, would be mighty appreciated. I won't try truecaller ever again, mr.number did diddly *insert pile of poop emote here*, same with HiYa. help me brothers and sisters

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
I know next to nothing but I would suggest a NEW clean Number and be more careful ..
If you complain loud enough they will provide one

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
49.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
241 (248)
Member for 7 years
who's your provider?? att and Tmobile have a free decent app for that...

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
@LodeUnknown, unfortunately magic solutions don't exist, bro. :shake:
Keep in mind that no app will guess if the call is spam or not if you do not indicate the criteria to analyze it. In Truecaller the white list is your phone book.
I am a Truecaller user and I schedule all the allowed contacts, obviously I have the same problem as you if they call me from another non-scheduled number.
I have blocked calls, but NOT messages. If the call is important they will leave you a voicemail or send you an SMS.
I advise you not to use Truecaller's "Spam" function, and not to use it to block SMS.
This has helped me when Truecaller blocks an unscheduled number for me and the call is of real importance.
Another more radical solution would be to have another number for important calls. My phone allows me to have 2 SIM cards and this also helps, but I know your question is not related to this advice.
I hope I've helped.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
Spammers just love you guys... My numbers have been on the 'do not call' list for a while. Every once in a while I'll get a random weird text, but the spam/robo calls have stopped.
Unfortunately there is no fool proof solution to completely stop them. Even having your numbers on gov. do not call lists and using certain apps don't completely stop them.

If you try and ask your carrier to change your number, it may slow them down ...or stop them for a while. Just don't give your number out to everyone anymore. Keep it private.
That's my only suggestion to you. Note - this thread will be closed soon.

LodeUnknown

Downloaded
21.8 GB
Uploaded
45.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
ugh.......I hope that long after im dead and in the ground, that spam/robo calls/texts cease to exist......yet another pipe dream

go ahead and close this thread, im done with it, thanks for the advice tho

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
ugh.......I hope that long after im dead and in the ground, that spam/robo calls/texts cease to exist......yet another pipe dream

go ahead and close this thread, im done with it, thanks for the advice tho
Good luck Bro. Complete and Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.