Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Need Help Installing Win 7 From Newer Isos

Status
Not open for further replies.

corrosion

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Hello everyone,

For some reason the newer Windows 7 iso's don't boot up on my older machine. It stays stuck at the windows 10 logo. I have tried it on USB and DVD with same results. If I download an older iso from a few years ago, it boots up just fine. I think it has to do with using the Windows 10 boot file to create the Windows 7 iso. I know some other people are also having this same issue with older machines. Anyway, does anyone know of any recent Windows 7 iso that don't use the Windows 10 boot file? I would really, really appreciate it. Currently, I use a Windows 7 iso from almost 5 years ago. After installing from it, it takes nearly half a day installing around 200 Windows updates. For my newer machines I usually download from generation2, but they don't work on my older machine.

shhnedo

Downloaded
15.5 GB
Uploaded
488.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
5 (5)
Member for 8 years
I gave you magnets to 32-bit and 64-bit images. Both of them are exactly what you need. If you got less than 3GB of ram, go with the 32-bit iso, else - 64-bit. DISABLE WINDOWS UPDATES AFTER INSTALLATION!

corrosion

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Thanks a lot! I'll try it out and report back. What's the reason for disabling windows updates after installation?

Uncle Mac

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years

has the option to disable Windows update
or

Make a clean start:
1. Log on to your computer using an account with administrator privileges.
2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press enter to start the System Configuration utility.
#Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, enter a password or give a confirmation #
3. On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items box. (Use Original Boot.ini check box (Use original Boot.ini file) is not available.)
4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
#Note This step allows you to continue running Microsoft services. These services include services such as network services, turn on and on, event logging, error reporting, etc. If you disable these services, you can permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the setup utility to work with existing restore points. "#
5. Click OK and then Restart.

Last edited by a moderator:

shhnedo

Downloaded
15.5 GB
Uploaded
488.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
5 (5)
Member for 8 years
What's the reason for disabling windows updates after installation?
Because microsoft aren't trying their best to release decent updates for windows 7. Whatever was worth integrating, I've integrated into both images. Everywhere I install windows 7 I disable windows updates.
Microsoft recently broke windows 7's SSEx instruction compatibility on older CPUs, which previously ran windows 7 just fine, so there's another reason not to update windows 7 regularly.

Zephyr1985

āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
451.1 GB
Uploaded
3.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
For some reason the newer Windows 7 iso's don't boot up on my older machine. It stays stuck at the windows 10 logo.
How old is the machine?
I ran Windows 7 ISO on a Phenom II X4 840 with 2x4GB RAM and had the same symptoms, but I let the USB boot ran about 10-20 minutes, and eventually it passed the boot logo and went into the installation window.

shhnedo

Downloaded
15.5 GB
Uploaded
488.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
5 (5)
Member for 8 years
but I let the USB boot ran about 10-20 minutes, and eventually it passed the boot logo
Yours is a completely different issue and has nothing to do with instruction set support. My old Pentium 4 machine used to "load" for about 10 minutes before starting the installation, while th athlon64 x2 4400+ platform started the installation less than a minute after booting the USB.
Again, OP has a problem with the current windows 7 iso's using the boot.wim from windows 10, which requires a certain set of instructions from the CPU. When you try installing such a windows 7 iso on a machine like my Pentium 4 one, it will outright not start the installation at all! That's why he needs an updated windows 7 iso with the original windows 7 boot.wim.

corrosion

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
shhnedo is correct. I have an AMD Athlon64 X2 4600+ on a socket 939 motherboard with 4x1gb memory. The original Windows 7 boot.wim starts instantly whereas the Windows 10 just hangs at the logo; the longest I've waited is about 10 minutes and it didn't go anywhere. Once I replaced the boot.wim file with the original Windows 7 boot.wim file, which worked and booted right away, but then it threw me the "missing usb/dvd" driver error and I couldn't move forward. I think that has to do with Windows 10 boot loading incompatible usb/chipset drivers for my motherboard.

Hawkeye

Uploader
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
31.7 GB
Uploaded
23.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
216 (218)
Member for 7 years
the creators off windows here are not gonna change there ways off integrating win10 boot.wim for win7

maybe the best option is to keep the windows you have that works from years ago but make a windows update file

use this tool make your windows update format, it will save you hours off waiting for updates, hope this helps

corrosion

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Thanks, will look into this as well.

shhnedo

Downloaded
15.5 GB
Uploaded
488.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
5 (5)
Member for 8 years
I gave you magnets to 32-bit and 64-bit images. Both of them are exactly what you need. If you got less than 3GB of ram, go with the 32-bit iso, else - 64-bit. DISABLE WINDOWS UPDATES AFTER INSTALLATION!
That's all a person needs when it comes to windows 7 in 2018+. Ready to use.

corrosion

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years

I tried it out and it works like a charm. Thank you (and everyone else) for all your help.

Uncle Mac

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
Yes thanks to everyone and your final reply too