Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Need help with seeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

xd003

Downloaded
13.6 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I have been using qbittorrent for downloading the torrent files from here . The issue is that i have literally never been able to seed anything i have ever downloaded . Whenever i have downloaded something , i keep qbittorrent open for hours on end but the uploading tab just never shows anything than 0 ( ie it never starts uploading ) . This has happened consistently each time . I have waited hours after downloading but not even 1 kb got uploaded . I have checked with qbittorrent users in general & they aren't seem to be facing this issue . I also tried 1,2 other torrent clients but still it never started seeding from my end .
Can anyone please help me out in this regard , i really have no idea what's causing absurd issue

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11545 (11545)
Member for 8 years
@xd003 Atm you aren't seeding anything. >> You need to keep torrents open in your torrent client and just leave them. Make sure your client settings are correct.

xd003

Downloaded
13.6 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@xd003 Atm you aren't seeding anything. >> You need to keep torrents open in your torrent client and just leave them. Make sure your client settings are correct.
Yes correct , at the very moment i am not seeding anything as i have just installed a new os . I am saying in general , seeding has never started for me . After downloading gets completed , i always keep my pc & qbittorrent open for hours but seeding never starts . Is there a fixed number of hours after which seeding is supposed to start ? ( Sorry i am not much knowledgeable in this regard but afaik it should start pretty quickly in some mins once downloading is completed )

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
E E E E

Last edited by a moderator:

dabaang007

Downloaded
41.7 GB
Uploaded
69.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Whenever someone downloads something then seeding will be shown...moreover you have to seed every torrent you download for atleast 3 days, even if it shows 0 Upload still for seeding you get SEED BONUS POINTS here.So keep seeding..

One Simple Trick - Download and Just Leave torrent for Seeding, Dont Pause or Stop Torrent in qbitorrent :)

xd003

Downloaded
13.6 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Whenever someone downloads something then seeding will be shown...moreover you have to seed every torrent you download for atleast 3 days, even if it shows 0 Upload still for seeding you get SEED BONUS POINTS here.So keep seeding..

One Simple Trick - Download and Just Leave torrent for Seeding, Dont Pause or Stop Torrent in qbitorrent :)
Thanks for tip. After the download , the seeding always stays at 0 for me so i eventually after 3,4 hours , i usually removed it thinking what's the use . I wasn't aware we could leave it like that even if its always stays on 0 seeding and benefit from it

Foolboy

I am Groudon!
Downloaded
20 GB
Uploaded
22.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I sometimes had to open my torrent client for days before getting any seeding progress, but the seeding will have a chance to progress only if someone is leeching them. Also, even there are a lot of leechers on that torrent, it does not guarantee that the leecher will grab the file content from you. Bittorrent P2P has been efficiently built for speed and the leecher will always grab the file from the nearest and fastest seeder. Just keep the torrent client opening for seed, make sure that all configurations, especially port forwarding, are valid, and most important, be patience.

xd003

Downloaded
13.6 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Thanks guys for all the tips & suggestions , i will keep them in kind. Lastly one thing i forgot to mention , there's this dns ad blocker called NextDNS which i have been using . By any chance , is there any way it could interfere with seeding ?

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
367 (419)
Member for 9 years
These are you inactive torrents at the moment

You have to fix your Hit and Run

Still you are not seeding anything, you have download only 10GB and upload only 5GB..................
What are you expecting from this situation of yours to increase your ratio or seeding?
The torrents you have download and not seeding are the moment are too old so don't expect much things.
Find some new torrents to download and seed.
The answer to your problem is you must SEED.................. and you are doing the oppisite

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
367 (419)
Member for 9 years
Thanks guys for all the tips & suggestions , i will keep them in kind. Lastly one thing i forgot to mention , there's this dns ad blocker called NextDNS which i have been using . By any chance , is there any way it could interfere with seeding ?
Disable it and have a look by your own, but the real problem as I said above is that you are not seeding anything.
I have my computer power on the last years and never have turned of and there are times I am not seeding anything......................

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
@xd003

As Mr. Spacely and Jerry say, your problem is that you are not seeding.
You claim to have seeded for many hours but you have only 1 seedbonus point. That shows that you have actually seeded for just 1 hour.

To be sure that you understand how torrents work, read these articles. You might find the answer to your problem there.

Use this link to see what you are actually seeding in real time

dabaang007

Downloaded
41.7 GB
Uploaded
69.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
He already said he understood so this thread should be locked now

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
It should not interfere with the torrents as torrents use direct IPs and not hostnames but because my eyes have seen a lot, do a test and have it off for a couple of hours and then on for a couple of hours and see if there is a significant difference.

Having said that, we must understand why torrents behave the way they do. Keep in mind that everything has to do with priorities that are set by both the torrent protocol and the TCP protocol as well as the age and popularity of a particular torrent.

A torrent client will choose the other clients that can respond faster to it, it chooses clients that have the greater speed and it chooses clients that are closer to them. Your speed is subject to your ISP restrictions and routing. For example, if India routs data mostly through the Pacific, then the clients in Europe will not select you even if you are "closer". A torrent speed is set by offer and demand. If only 2 people demand (request to download) and 40 people offer (ready to seed) ... nothing much you can do especially if they have greater speeds. Old torrents (older versions of software) and in general less popular torrents, of course, will not have many leeches so.. who are you going to seed too? Add the various seedboxes that will seed faster to others than you can... It's a very complicated subject and what I said above doesn't even cover half.

That's why we also reward time. Download a few torrents and seed them for a day or 10 days or 100 days or more. Collect seed bonuses and convert to GB. it's really that simple.

Answeres were given, guides were posted and it's time to close the thread. Thank you all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.