Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

nvme drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScreaminWeasel

āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
831 GB
Uploaded
9.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Seeing if anyone knows if can be done, a windows xp with nvme drivers for older ddr3 boards. have software that will only run in xp or vista I need to use.
Thank You

Cyler

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
āš”OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
It can be done. I had similar cases and managed to make them work.

What you need is
* Find nvme drivers for XP that are compatible with your chipset... Using google you can find such generic or specific drivers.
* Google on how to inject drivers straight into XP ISO using nLite (no point copy-pasting here) or use the driver load function during setup (when you are at the screen to select the disk press F6 to load drivers from floppy).

The tricky part is finding the driver that will work for you and experimenting. To be 100% sure you need to make the iso and try to install and test how it performs, and keep trying until you are NOT failing anymore. May happen on the 1st try... or the 20th.

Remember XP can ONLY use MBR disk format and so it can only see a 2 TB partition max.

Alternatives:
Use VMware/Virtualbox to run Windows XP on modern OSes
Use a normal disk like a 120 GB SSD (very cheap) to boot XP only without enabling and using the NVME

Will move this thread to request help as I feel it's better there.

Hope it helped.

Last edited:
Downloaded
7.2 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
i got the same problem, and used VMware