Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Oil Cooled Computer, 5x Faster In Cooling

Very few of you would be knowing about the existence of mineral oil-cooled PCs. These are custom made computers submerged in non-conductive mineral oil. Compared to regular air cooling , the mineral oil cooling setup works with up to 5-times more efficiency. If you find this interesting, you can read ahead and watch some useful videos that detail the process of making a mineral oil-cooled PC.

kRDpBb1.gif

For cooling purposes, our computers come with cooling fans. Recently, we also saw the advent of the liquid-cooled smartphones and laptops. But, what if someone asks you to dip your computer inside mineral oil to keep it cool?

9jxLN2T.gif

Well, you’ll try to keep that crazy person away from your CPU. But, what if I told you that some people like to build such PCs that are kept inside liquid mineral oil to suck the heat produced by the processor?

It’s interesting to note that unlike water or other liquids, mineral oil doesn’t conduct electricity. So, it doesn’t pose any risk of breaking the electronic parts of your computer. For this purpose, generally, an odorless mineral is preferred.

After one submerges the computer inside the mineral oil, the heat generated by the PC is transferred to the oil at about 5-times faster rate as compared to air.

The oil from the computer case is continuously pumped through a radiator to dissipate this heat to the atmosphere.

So, if you are finding this interesting and looking for more information to create a custom and oil-cooled PC, we’ve got you covered.

Below are the detailed videos prepared by Linus Sebastian of the LinusTechTips YouTube channel, telling how to build your own oil-cooled computer:

Last edited:

gwapseow

Downloaded
14.8 GB
Uploaded
6.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
what the reall :)

arsyad00

Downloaded
9.2 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
just the though submerging your computer into liquid already scary :(

Chicken4K

Downloaded
44.7 GB
Uploaded
11.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
LinusTechTips is a great channel.

duderino

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
2 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Problem would be to circulate the oil so it would not build up the heat, you would need a decent pump?

lewis heaton

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
I watch linus tech tips a lot o find them really god and very interesting

Junior897

Downloaded
12.5 GB
Uploaded
7.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Yes, this is fascinating indeed. This gets rid of the hazards water cooling has in case of a leak.

Adiii

Downloaded
12.3 GB
Uploaded
4.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Only for pc :( what about laptops ?

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
224.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
well that's the first time i see a Aqua pc (lol) now they only need some fish to put in :)
or here

PokeyzRule

Downloaded
8.6 GB
Uploaded
132.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
That's pretty interesting... Makes for a nice decoration too! lol

geoscull

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
885.5 GB
Uploaded
42.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
it is really interesting and amazing. :party::clap::rock:

TheHarperdragon

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
913.2 GB
Uploaded
154.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
This is SOOOOOOOOOOOO cool!!

mhaluza

Downloaded
3.4 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Very cool.

ZenoMorph

Downloaded
3.7 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Pc parts swimming in oil.That second gif image is a classic! :)

Zomb1145

Downloaded
9.6 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Very nice.

Garth_Vader

Downloaded
295.4 GB
Uploaded
558.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Dont know that much about how to optimize cooling a computer...but when competed in car audio...i hade about 9½ hpr moving about 2 squre meeter of air..... had lots of problems elimenting all the problems that came with that ... & one of the biggest probelms i had were to cool my amplifiers... i didnt know how much .... things they put in amplifiers..and without proper cooling i melt my amplifiers and heat cost $.... & proper power circuits to maintain the system running at peak... Iam not that sure if oil cooling is a optimal solution...the positive working with oil... it withstands more heat versus water... but oil is a bit to thick i think..some oils gets better the more u heat it up... but if u have to begin to cool something that hot...there has to be a big error somewere that consumes so much energi that u dont c the problem.... u are trying to repair a big problem by letting it consume more energi ... There is in my world when i build my houses something termic cooling (ihope its atleast good enough spelled so u know what i mean)... Try not 2 fix the problem with feeding the error by letting it consume even more energy... :) i dont think oil cooling is a optimal solution... i think if i had that problem i would buy me a couple of more computers and divede the work between all the computers... & i think if u get a great prize u even have money left 2 go 2 the pub and get shit loaded in all the money u saved by ordering 1 computer... :)