Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Please I need a software or operating system which can access a corrupted harddisk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibukun

Downloaded
12.6 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Please I need a windows software or operating system which I can use to access a harddisk showing raw...

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Have you ever heard of Format/Wipe Drive

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
If it's an ssd, it can be all gone. I recently spent over 100 hours running recovery software on an ssd that was accidentaly deleted, to no avail, it was interesting trying all the different softwares but none of them recovered much even though the drive was working fine. Try some of the boot disks on here, like Strelec, they have file / partition /drive recovery software on them. You may get lucky.

randomuserx

Downloaded
11.5 GB
Uploaded
163.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
If you have space use forensic software and make a copy of it (clone). It's also a good indicator of how probable it is you'll be able to get the data back.
Pinpointing, what happened exactly, is also very helpful.

Good luck.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Before we go on, I want to make something clear. The issue here is if one has the knowledge and understanding of how hard disks/SSDs and partitions actually work, knows about the file system structure ( I assume NTFS in this case), and how partition and recovery tools work. If you do know, you may have a chance to recover the disk, tho it depends on the reason that this happened (power failure, bad sectors, virus, etc). If not, you may damage the disk even more, and it would be better to ask for help from someone who knows depending of course how valuable your files are. To understand a disk being raw can happen because of several reasons and each one has a different method of approach. Also, a lot depends if the disk is a spinner or SSD and so many other variables which makes it hard to just say "Use this tool and you will be ok"

Now it's important to use a boot cd/usb stick and not the OS of your system because, in its effort to read the raw disk, it might make things worse. Try Hiren's boot cd or Sergei Strelec's boot cd (both can be found here) and try their recovery options, starting from partition managers. See if they do recognize the missing partition and if they can recover it. If that doesn't work, try one of the hard disk recovery tools. After that, all will depend on the feedback you will get from the software. Try to google whatever the software tells you is the cause so you can read about your options. I do hope and wish best of luck in recovering the files.

@pleiadians What you described is one major problem with SSD and NVMe disks. The TRIM command. TRIM is a "service" that cleans the SSD from deleted data to keep the cells and disk in optimal conditions but with the negative effect that once a TRIM is issued, your deleted data are wiped clean and there is no possible recovery to my knowledge. The moment you lose files you should power off the PC to avoid making windows using TRIM, and access it from a Bootable USB and run recovery software. The sooner the better.

Hope it helped.

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
If you are going to clone the drive then be careful to use software that can clone drives with bad sectors like rawcopy or rescuezilla. Forensic software can recover stuff better than consumer software but can leave you with thousands of unlabled files with no file extensions even. You get the raw data but have to further quantify it. It's no fun for sure. I was supprised how hard it was to get useable data back from an ssd. Chloe O'Brien and Abby make it all look so easy!

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
256 (264)
Member for 7 years
@ibukun please specify uif it's an SSD or a regulard mechanical hd!

thanks,

randomuserx

Downloaded
11.5 GB
Uploaded
163.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
If you are going to clone the drive then be careful to use software that can clone drives with bad sectors like rawcopy or rescuezilla. Forensic software can recover stuff better than consumer software but can leave you with thousands of unlabled files with no file extensions even. You get the raw data but have to further quantify it. It's no fun for sure. I was supprised how hard it was to get useable data back from an ssd. Chloe O'Brien and Abby make it all look so easy!
A good point and vital distinction, getting data back and getting everything back are very different scenarios. Getting everything back is very dependent on circumstances and the actual data, and what failed (with the hardware) and then what failed and the cause-and-effect of the failure or failures. It's unfortunately a very nuanced answer and I try and retain conciseness but it varies greatly. I can say, that for instance Forensics; often deal with establishing traces not reconstruct a 50+ GB VHD so it can be booted again.

In theory, if all data is there, it can be done. Getting practical results is way worse than the theoretical jargon I'm forced to use in this reply however. To the original poster and people in general: Don't give-up though, as luck is always a huge factor. Like a windows update, sometimes they actually do what they are intended to do, without crashing your system.

ibukun

Downloaded
12.6 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years

thanks,
It is a Normal hard disk

Magic4ce

Downloaded
51.4 GB
Uploaded
85.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Try to get Disk Drill Enterprise (4.5.616.0) Portable.
Start the program on an usb stick and try to access the corrupt harddisk

or Disk Drill Enterprise 5.2.817.0 Portable on portable4pc site :)

ibukun

Downloaded
12.6 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years

thanks for your assistance God bless you
or try this manual
Thanks for your assistance God bless you

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.