Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Direct Potabi Lumina Beta4 1.0A Luna [Unstable]

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
coollogo_com-313951681.png

Q9lJGW.png

Pretty. Powerful. Operating systems for desktop, mobile, and server. A project by The Potabi Foundation, a non-profit organization based in Colorado.

Potabi Systems – Potential and Ability. Pretty. Powerful.

Currently, the system is too unstable and early in development to give any installation instructions at this time. We will add this information once we have screenshots, reliable software, better standardized installation tools, etc. Sorry for the inconvenience.

While Linux is a fine substitute for macOS and Windows 10, it does come with its fair share of issues. We have a section on this page on

What is Potabi based on?
Potabi is a derivative of a sister project, CoreNGS, which is a derivative of FreeBSD, as well as components from other BSD-branded systems, and Illumos.

Why not be a fork of [this system]?
The current BSD's, Illumos, and other foundations have serious problems in one area or another. Being a pure fork would mean less independence, which is not what we want for the project.

Does package management suck?
The short answer is, we try to make it work as good as we can. We are concerned with package stability and sustainability. We want package maintenance to be as painless as possible.

Wait? A mobile version??
Yes, we are working on a mobile version of Potabi. Fun history fact, the Potabi project started with the intent of building a FreeBSD-based mobile OS!

What makes Potabi different?
Understanding of importance of stability and design. The Potabi Foundation actively owns and manages the project, and not just “supports” it with minimal control.

Are donations to Potabi tax-exempt?
As of now, no. The reason being the tax-exemption status rules are hard to navigate. While we are a “non-profit”, we aren't tax-exempt, and may never be. Thanks, complex tax laws.

Is Potabi a commercial project?
As of now, no. The Potabi Foundation might consider reforming as a for-profit organization to better support the project, but right now that is undecided.

Is Potabi one of those "safe-spaces"?
Yes. We believe that users of our system shouldn't be scared for being human. Harassment, racism, homophobia, trans phobia, bullying, etc are unacceptable in the community.

Why is there GPL software in Potabi?
The problem with GPL is that it is used everywhere. It is going to be a lot of effort to remove it from the system, except applications, since they are not system-integral.

Will Potabi support Wayland?
Yes. While the technology is buggy, and still needs a lot of work, it is the current next display server standard, and it is licensed under MIT, meaning no viral license concerns.

Is Potabi open-source?
The core of Potabi is open-source, and we plan on supporting open-source only versions of the system. However, we also plan to support proprietary software in later versions of the operating system.

Q9ly9r.png

HTTP:
https://wiki.potabi.com/wiki/Potabi_Systems_B4-1.0A_Release

coollogo_com-4410369.png

Q9t9fj.png

Q9tPjo.png

coollogo_com-32439149.png

Q9tQHH.png

After-Effects-Arrow-46.gif

Last edited:

panomax

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
113.2 GB
Uploaded
474.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
@mobi0001 Man, you are watching so many distros! Not sure about this one's future though.

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
@mobi0001 Man, you are watching so many distros! Not sure about this one's future though.
Honestly, now I am bored. I have tried around 48-50 distros in the last 24 months. I need some rest. There are end number of living creatures and someone or the other keeps creating new distros. How I wish I was paid for each one to test and then I would be rich like anything. LOL..

panomax

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
113.2 GB
Uploaded
474.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Honestly, now I am bored. I have tried around 48-50 distros in the last 24 months. I need some rest. There are end number of living creatures and someone or the other keeps creating new distros. How I wish I was paid for each one to test and then I would be rich like anything. LOL..
That's true. Too many choices and keep diversifying are not good. In this way, MacOS or Windows should give Linux guys a hint. Users just need 1 OS, the best one though.