Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Prevent Win10 to reboot or restart automatically at night

Status
Not open for further replies.

neve33609pre

Downloaded
31.2 GB
Uploaded
345.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Hey everyone!

Quick question... and this is something that *really* gets under my skin.

Is there a tool or a method to PREVENT Win10 to reboot or restart automatically? There ain't anything that I hate more than getting to my desktop or laptop and find out they have "automatically" restarted or rebooted for whatever reason. I am not sure if it is Windows updates (which I have disabled but Windows keeps updating?), or if it is the antivirus, or something else. In either case I would like the computer to NEVER shut down or reboot with MY desire or action to do so.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks a bunch!!

-N

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Moved to Help & Request section... Good Luck!

Mirkec

Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
âś… Verified Member
Downloaded
57.6 GB
Uploaded
16 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
83 (96)
Member for 6 years
Maybe this help:

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
âś… Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
@neve33609pre, to prevent windows 10 from restarting automatically due to updates try this:
1. Press Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
2. Type the following path and click "OK":
%windir%\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator
3. Select the
Reboot ) (it does not have an extension)
file right-click it and select "Rename".
4. Rename the Reboot file to "Reboot.old".
5. Right-click inside the folder, select "New," and click on "Folder".
6. Name the New Folder "Reboot".
7. Now restart your computer.

This will disable Window's ability to restart automatically.

The above solution is so that it never reboots automatically.
You also have an intermediate solution telling Windows the active hours in which it should NOT restart.

Starting with Windows 10 version 1903, there are two ways to enable active hours. You can allow the system to configure active hours automatically based on your activities, or you can set a specific time range manually.

Enabling automatic active hours
To enable automatic active hours on Windows 10, use these steps:

1. Open Settings.
2. Click on Update & Security.
3. Click on Windows Update.
4. Click the Change active hours option.

restart1.md.jpg

5. Turn on the Automatically adjust active hours for this device based on activity toggle switch.

restart2.md.jpg

Once you complete these steps, Windows 10 will analyze how you use the device, and it'll configure the active hours automatically. Also, this means that as your screen time schedule changes, the active hours will adjust accordingly.

Configuring custom active hours
To configure active hours manually on your device to prevent sudden restarts, use these steps:

1. Open Settings.
4. Click the Change active hours option.

restart3.md.jpg

5. Turn off the Automatically adjust active hours for this device based on activity toggle switch.
6. Click the Change option.

restart4.md.jpg

7. Specify the time range you usually use your device.

restart5.md.jpg

Quick tip: The maximum amount of time you can set is 18 hours. If you specify a range that's more than that, it'll be marked as invalid.
8. Click the Save button.

After you complete the steps, if an update is pending, the computer will only restart outside the active hours you specified, preventing interruptions while you're working.

How to reschedule automatic restart on Windows 10
To schedule a restart to apply an update outside of the active hours schedule, use these steps:

1. Open Settings.
4. Click on** Schedule the restart** option. (Option available only when a reboot is pending to apply an update.)

restart6.md.jpg

5. Under "Schedule a time," turn on the toggle switch.
6. Schedule a time and date to postpone the restart (up to seven days in the future).

restart7.md.jpg

Once you complete the steps, the device won't reboot to apply updates after the schedule you specified.

Using the Local Group Policy Editor or Registry, you can also specify a new default schedule for auto-restart when an update is pending, and you can to use these options.

Using the Local Group Policy Editor or Registry, you can also specify a new default schedule for auto-restart when an update is pending, you can Google more information about these other methods.

Now, if you also want to avoid restarting before blue screens or errors, try this too:

1. In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.
2. Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
3. Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart, and then click OK.

restart.jpg

4. Restart the computer.

The computer no longer restarts automatically when a problem occurs. Instead, a blue screen displays with useful information. You can search for a resolution using the information in the error.

I have only shared some methods, starting with the most aggressive one that never automatically restarts, which was what you asked.
If you have more questions or want to see more methods you can search in Google.

I hope I've helped.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
âś… Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
no activity +30 days, closed, locked and tagged completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.