Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Removing IE or Edge Altogether

Status
Not open for further replies.

2go2ozz

Downloaded
733.8 MB
Uploaded
4.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I believe I did all sorts of removal of bloatware and installed unnecessary MS products on my W10 with various tools.

But whenever I want to use CCleaner I seem to get these listed again and again.
Is there anyway I can never see them please?

PzLxdt.jpg

Cyler

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
āš”OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
First of all, when one describes a problem, it's essential to provide programs used and steps that were taken. There are 100's of tools that a lot don't work and 1000's of bad info on the internet and we can't be sure which one you followed. Saying I used "tools" is not enough.

I won't talk about Edge as Edge doesn't exist anymore and its replaced by chromium so I'm not sure what is it still doing in your PC. In my case I use LTSC and it didn't have Edge to begin with.

IE, on the other hand, can be disabled but can not be removed despite what other sites, etc claim. The reason is that Internet Explorer is nothing more but a shell of the web engine called Trident which is an integral part not only of windows but also of many applications, mainly business ones, that need to use a web interface. An example that we all know is the windows store that used the Trident engine to render the store pages you see. All web apps on the store use internet explorer too. Removing IE from your computer causes these programs to not be able to connect to the internet anymore. the browser cant be removed because even the windows file manager is a modified version of internet explorer. Another example can be some apps that use a special portion of their screen to connect to remote servers intranet or internet (like banks/stock market) and display data, or even some game launchers, especially MMO ones like Neverwinter or ESO, etc that they use IE to display an actual web page inside their launcher.

FYI same happens on MACs too with Safari which is a shell of WebKit engine.

Now there are programs that can remove the entries of IE and its name so you will feel better psychologically but trident will stay with windows for compatibility reasons.

My advice, just ignore it and enjoy your windows.

Don007

Uploader
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
121.9 GB
Uploaded
2.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
6 (8)
Member for 5 years
Thats brief @Cyler As U always do ! :clap:
BTW @2go2ozz Get Rid of that, Your PC will work fine even with those cache files ! Thats a small atom in huge rock !

Uncle Mac

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
OMG this is ridiculous.. If you dont want to see them in ccleaner then uncheck them before running

PzLxdt.jpg

If they bother so much install Linux.. Most insane waste of thread Ive seen in a while

Complete and should of been denied

Status
Not open for further replies.