Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Torrent Rollback Rx Pro 11.2 [x32|x64] [TeamOS]

juve.lpg

Downloaded
52.9 GB
Uploaded
6.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
This is excellent system restore software :clap: :clap:

thank you for sharing

leperdu

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
208.9 GB
Uploaded
14.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Thank you.

ar_avishek

Downloaded
30.3 GB
Uploaded
221.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Really needed this one.. :') Thanks!! :h:

Thibor69

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
624.6 GB
Uploaded
2.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
My experience: The activation didn't work for me when I needed it.

I installed the program on February 21 and followed the instructions to activate it. I monitored it for about a week. I had an initial snapshot plus a snapshot every time the system was started. It looked like everything was working fine. After a week, I got complacent and stopped paying attention to it. Every time I rebooted, Rollback screen would show and I felt reassured.

Yesterday (March 30), I tried out a program I downloaded here: PassMark BurnInTest. While testing the my SSD (My C: drive with Windows), this program ruined everything: The SSD became unmountable. No problem, I said to myself. I restarted the PC and clicked on Rollback with the intention of restoring. To my horror, the program said that my license had expired.

It looks like, even with a fully functional activation routine, the program has issues with SSDs. I suppose I should look for alternatives, such as Shadow Defender or OneKeyGhost. Any other suggestions?

Once again I am am trying to tell you all .. this application WILL FAIL after certain number of days. READ my previous posts about this. ( It will never work correctly without a NEW way to activate it. I stopped using it long ago after many failed recovery's.

I am done with this thread but hope people will read the comments other than the "Thank You" replies.

Cheers all.

Last edited:

fulloes

Downloaded
91.4 GB
Uploaded
2.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
For anyone with issues using this software, my recommendation is to compare the differences between Rx Home and Rx Pro and see if you *actually* need the Pro version.

While it's always more desirable (mentally) to have a premium version of a software package, many times it's not really needed.

The free Home version versus the Pro edition does not offer 'much' less that makes the free Home version unusable. In fact, in a single pc scenario on a home pc protecting your main Windows drive, Pro is totally unnecessary.

darkbyte

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Once again I am am trying to tell you all .. this application WILL FAIL after certain number of days. READ my previous posts about this. ( It will never work correctly without a NEW way to activate it. I stopped using it long ago after many failed recovery's.

I am done with this thread but hope people will read the comments other than the "Thank You" replies.

Cheers all.
I have a partial solution, do you wanna help me to test it? may you contact me in private?

jorbz

Downloaded
210.9 GB
Uploaded
607.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
In my experience with the software, the program will activated will opens correctly but the recovery menu is not, shows up trial/license expired.

dethmetaldan

dethMetalDan
Downloaded
184.2 GB
Uploaded
286.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Thanks man I need this right now!

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Since I saw some people reporting issues on this software, it's better to state some facts about how it works and the possible issues one will face, especially when using this software with SSDs due to its nature of how it interacts with windows and hardware, especially under Windows 10. Before we go further I want to thank DJ for his work and this has nothing to do with him but rather with how the program interacts with windows.

As @bsdaddict said, Rollback intercepts and prevents the TRIM command from ever been issued on the SSD. This command allows the SSD to "know" when Windows no longer needs a previously used disk block so that it may, internally, release and relocate the hardware NAND block storage.

Since Rollback hides it’s snapshot DATA from Windows, it must block Windows from letting the SSD know that a block is no longer in need and so without active TRIM information from the OS, SSDs must carry around unnecessary information almost forever which allows for very inefficient block management by the SSD. This can eventually lead to very slow WRITE speeds as time goes by and excessive WRITE AMPLIFICATION which shortens the expected lifespan of an SSD (google the terms for more info). Just to make it clear, that doesn't mean you will have issues on day one. It all depends on the frequency and amount of writing that you do on your SSD as well as the frequency of snapshots.

Now to make things worse, when a snapshot is taken, all it does is leave the original DATA in place on the disk, protect it, and start a new snapshot. This is known as REDIRECT-ON-WRITE technology rather than COPY-ON-WRITE technology used with normal disk imaging programs. In order for Rollback to do this, it needs to hide its snapshot data from the Windows OS itself… a very dangerous process at best.

If Windows doesn’t know about Rollback’s snapshot DATA, it just might destroy it when doing certain actions like re-partitioning during OS upgrades, certain uses of the Windows OS Recovery System, any use of external OSes (live CD) for the purposes of FileStructure cleanup, disk defragmentation, etc and is some cases even dual/multiboot. That’s the main reason Rollback takes over your System’s MBR (Master BOOT Record) so that it may operate UNDER (hidden from) the Windows Operating System.

That being said it's not a bad program and in most cases, it will do what it promises if that's what people are after. I just feel that users should know of its issues before the install it especially on SSDs and also the possible risks. I would also suggest to google and read about the importance of the TRIM command on SSDs.

I hope it helped.

Last edited:

darkbyte

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I know about the ssd problem, and also about windows update involving a repartion of hd; in fact I uninstall Rollback rx before any windows updates.
BTW for the people who usually try many software it's a really good solution. I don't know other program able to restore a snapshot after a setup have required a re-boot...
The protection this program utilize is really interesting, in fact It is (95% probability) locate in the MBR who read the system date directelly from the bios/uefi port at the asm level.
So unprotecting it is really difficult: we have to trace the boot process with no help from Windows.....
Anyone does know any alternatives to this prog?
Have a good time
dan

bsdaddict

Downloaded
20.6 GB
Uploaded
129.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I know about the ssd problem, and also about windows update involving a repartion of hd; in fact I uninstall Rollback rx before any windows updates.
BTW for the people who usually try many software it's a really good solution. I don't know other program able to restore a snapshot after a setup have required a re-boot...
The protection this program utilize is really interesting, in fact It is (95% probability) locate in the MBR who read the system date directelly from the bios/uefi port at the asm level.
So unprotecting it is really difficult: we have to trace the boot process with no help from Windows.....
Anyone does know any alternatives to this prog?
Have a good time
dan

After looking into a handful of RBRX alternatives I settled on Shadow Defender. It works similar to, but not exactly like, RBRX. Close enough that the end result is the same (for my purposes, at least...) and without RBRX's gotcha's. What I mean by "my purposes" is that I use Shadow Defender as on-demand time-freeze/roll-back protection, not persistent/always-on like RBRX is. SD is able to do persistent/always-on, according to the documentation, but I also have a rock-solid Macrium Reflect backup/restore procedure so time-freezing/rolling-back isn't my only layer of protection. For something like a Windows Update potentially borking Macrium is more than enough safety net. RBRX doesn't help with windows updates so you need additional protection, regardless. But with the way RBRX wants to take over it can get in the way of Macrium restores, and seeing as how WU has caused me more grief than viruses ever have I wasn't willing to compromise my borked WU recovery plan. I wanted something to supplement Macrium, not replace it.

It's only when I want to do something that's potentially unsafe and could potentially reach my Macrium backups that I need to use Shadow Defender. I can just fire SD up, tell it to take a snapshot and then any subsequent disk changes are applied only to the snapshot. When I'm done testing or whatever I can choose to commit the snapshot's changes to disk or simply reboot and the changes are abandoned. This way I can, for example, install something I wasn't sure about while using a couple Nirsoft tools (Nirsoft FTW!) to verify all file and/or registry changes the install makes, follow up with some virus scanning or whatever else I feel I need to do, and then when I'm satisfied I can choose to commit or not.

Using Shadow Defender this way works for me but it might not work for everyone. It might be that SD's always-on mode is a more complete RBRX replacement but I don't have much experience with that mode so can't say for sure.

SlavkoPejic

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
200.5 GB
Uploaded
80.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Thanks a lot!

jorbz

Downloaded
210.9 GB
Uploaded
607.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
In my experience with the software, the program will activated will opens correctly but the recovery menu is not, shows up trial/license expired.
UPDATE: I'm currently observing its behavior. Installing it while the internet is plugged-in will break the patched license in the pre-OS recovery menu.
I've noticed that once you already created 2 snapshots, the patched is still working. Going full offline for awhile + replacing the DLL first before restarting is a way to go.
I haven't tested it yet to SSD and 32bit OS. I'm researching right now how to detect IP addresses it looking for during the pre-OS recovery installation.

darkbyte

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
UPDATE: I'm currently observing its behavior. Installing it while the internet is plugged-in will break the patched license in the pre-OS recovery menu.
I've noticed that once you already created 2 snapshots, the patched is still working. Going full offline for awhile + replacing the DLL first before restarting is a way to go.
I haven't tested it yet to SSD and 32bit OS. I'm researching right now how to detect IP addresses it looking for during the pre-OS recovery installation.
Hi!
I may not agree with you:
I have installed Rollback Rx on a computer who does NOT have an internet connection, so I don't think that the preconsole look at the IP adress, instead the console prog read the date stored in cmos.
In fact a way that work is alway boot with the date set at the date of installation.
But I need help to debug the preconsole.........

jorbz

Downloaded
210.9 GB
Uploaded
607.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hi!
I may not agree with you:
I have installed Rollback Rx on a computer who does NOT have an internet connection, so I don't think that the preconsole look at the IP adress, instead the console prog read the date stored in cmos.
In fact a way that work is alway boot with the date set at the date of installation.
But I need help to debug the preconsole.........
The IP addresses, i mean if the pre-OS detects an internet connection, it will check the license if its legit or not.
If not, it will sprout a License Expired error if you want to do a rollback.

darkbyte

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
The IP addresses, i mean if the pre-OS detects an internet connection, it will check the license if its legit or not.
If not, it will sprout a License Expired error if you want to do a rollback.
BTW If you lock with a firewall the entire Shield directory, so your licence may not be verified, the program still does work, but always the pre-console have read a "legitimate" date at the time of the boot.
So we're speaking about two different level of protection: I'm actually working on the pure shareware version, trying to bypass the 14 days protection.
If before boot and if before make use of Rollback rx I set my system date at the date of the installation All works indefinitelly; but the first time you f.e. boot your computer with a different system date BAAAMM! your license expire.
The pre-OSconsole have no possibility to connect to the internet, but is able in reading the system time via cmos BEFORE window does start.

SAL BACCHIO

Downloaded
14.8 GB
Uploaded
6.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Thanks!

darkbyte

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I have just write my personal Medicines, who seems to work.
Does anyone wanna try to test it?

Thibor69

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
624.6 GB
Uploaded
2.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I have just write my personal Medicines, who seems to work.
Does anyone wanna try to test it?

Yes hi buddy -- I will test it out. check your email :) - I wont clutter this post up anymore... sorry addmins !

Last edited:

jackalx

Downloaded
108.5 GB
Uploaded
1.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Thank you for the hard work ! :)