Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Rss feed weird behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

toff23

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Hi,

I've joined TeamOS days ago. I haven't downloaded anything yet because i wanted to see how the tracker behaves. I've noticed some issues with the rss feeds.

Here is my feed at time x:
hzJuaht.png

Feed at time x + 10 minutes:
HlZtLbF.png

As you can see in the second screenshot, what is now marked as RSS (column status) was marked as Already loaded before.

I'm talking about these 2:
  • Windows 11 _Pro Lite Edition-RTM-22000.527_TPM_x64_Feb 2022_Pre-Activated
  • EasyBCD 2.3

So the feed updates include old releases instead of only new ones. The risk I can see by using this feed is downloading old stuff that have already been downloaded by many and therefore not many more people will download them. It may be difficult in this situation to keep at leastd a ratio of 1.

Any idea?
Thank you

XenDev

Developer
🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
67.1 GB
Uploaded
339.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
15 (3)
Member for 5 years
How are you even downloading torrents using rss feed?

toff23

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I've got a filter created but not activated as I want to make sure that when I start the download I have fair chances of seeding.
As it is now with republishing old torrents I'll download torrents with only few leechers left

XenDev

Developer
🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
67.1 GB
Uploaded
339.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
15 (3)
Member for 5 years
I've got a filter created but not activated as I want to make sure that when I start the download I have fair chances of seeding.
As it is now with republishing old torrents I'll download torrents with only few leechers left
Can you send me the details in PM , the way you are using RSS to seed torrents, because as per i remember it won't be easily possible to do so.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11430 (11430)
Member for 8 years
Can you send me the details in PM , the way you are using RSS to seed torrents, because as per i remember it won't be easily possible to do so.
Why PM? I would like to understand what is going on here.

Proteus

acta non verba
âš¡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
I can solve this :)

I have the same thing. What is happening is the RSS feed is sending not NEW files and NEW activity, BUT a list of EVERY post or reply to posts in the order they come in. Dont be surprised to see 2 of the SAME listed in there. If I post RSS.ZIP as a new download, it will show up. 3 other people post some new files, then theirs will appear in order above mine. Now someone replies to MY RSS.ZIP, it puts it in there on top of the other posts, and on and on and on... How fast the whole, or part of the list changes depends on how many posts and replies in the time period in question, in your case 10 minutes.

I have my rainmeter skin set to refresh every 60 seconds so it keeps it FRESH! Overkill really and MORE polls so using more bandwidth, but I like up-to-date info. In reality, 1hr would more realistic.

You have to edit the actual .INI file in the skins folder and change this. It's pretty simple to do, if you dont know how, then DONT, or it can possibly turn your pretty skin into pretty poop!

Last edited:

hexagonest

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
466.2 GB
Uploaded
39 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Why are you using RSS to download torrents? Just curious. Why not use the , sorted by release date?

toff23

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Thanks @00Proteus00. That makes sense. The RSS feed should only publish new releases and not republish the same releases for every comment in a thread.
I have never heard of rainmeter skin but googling it it shows that it's a Windows UI that retrieves data from a bitorrent client (I use Linux on a seedbox and rtorrent as bitorrent client).

@hexagonest I use RSS because it's how torrenting and private trackers work (or IRC announcements but TeamOS doesn't seem to provide any). I want automation and spend as less time as possible on my torrent client while building a strong ratio to create a buffer for when I need it. Automation will assure me to be one of the first to download a new release and have fair chances of seeding even if a new release is published in the middle of the night. If I download something that has already been well downloaded and seeded I won't upload any of it and it will go against my ratio.

hexagonest

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
466.2 GB
Uploaded
39 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
@toff23 Understandable. If you have any programming knowledge, you could write up a quick web scraper that downloads new releases from the torrent list. There is a download link directly on each torrent, you don't need to navigate to a new page.

Otherwise, you could just go on each page and quickly click the "download" button for every torrent (green file-looking button), which would take 10-20 seconds per page tops.

Couple things I want to correct though!

Yes, seeding new releases is good for getting upload data, but I'll tell you something. I have literally uploaded maybe 50gb of data in total, ever. Seedbonus is really how to get your upload up. You get 1 seedbonus per hour of seeding a torrent. That means you could be seeding 1000 small torrents, and you'd get 1000 Seedbonus points every hour. With 120 seedbonus points, you can buy 1GB of upload data.

See "My Bonus" for all the options:

QZzWDq.png

That way you can speed up your ratio. I still recommend seeding new torrents, though, as that is indeed a great way to get upload data, on top of using Seedbonus.

Good luck and happy seeding :)

toff23

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I've taken a different approach.

I have a regex which looks like that:
Code:
/(.*windows.11.*edition.*)|(.*microsoft.office.*)|(.*activat.*)|(.*liteos.*)/i

It means it will download anything that contains "windows + 11 + edition" or "Microsoft + office" or "activat" or "liteos". I chose these keywords specifically because it seems to generate a lot of interest here.

A new torrent was published few minutes ago called "Nexus LiteOS 10 : Gaming Edition (Rev 1.0) | Windows 10 (19042.630) [x64] (Feb. 2022)".
Because it contains LiteOS, it should have been picked up but it didn't. This because as an addtion to my regex I exclude this:
Code:
.*comments>[^0]<.*
This should exclude everything that has any comment.
Looking at the XML, i can see that there are 14 comments for this torrent:

Code:
<a href="https://teamos-hkrg.com/threads/nexus-liteos-10-gaming-edition-rev-1-0-windows-10-19042-630-x64-feb-2022.172164/" class="link link--internal">Read more</a></div>]]></content:encoded>
      <slash:comments>14</slash:comments>

I was not sure this information would be read by my client but it looks like it is. Let's see but it looks promising.

Last edited:

hexagonest

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
466.2 GB
Uploaded
39 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
@toff23 Good idea to filter the RSS results using Regex. Alternatively you could easily extract download links from the /torrents page (also, if you want to only get freeleech torrents, you could use /torrents?freeleech=1) by running the following regex on the source code of each page:
/<td class="dataList-cell download dataList-cell--link" tooltip="Download"><a href="(.+)"/g
This would create a match group for every link, formatted as /attachments/wscc-windows-system-control-center-7-0-0-8-commercial_teamos-7z-torrent.15999/, so you could concatenate it like
C#:
MatchCollection results = Regex.Match(sourceCode, /<td class="dataList-cell download dataList-cell--link" tooltip="Download"><a href="(.+)"/g);
var links = new List<String>();
foreach(Match result in results){
  links.Add("https://teamos-hkrg.com" + result.Value);
}

See the regex example here:

I've never personally used RSS, so if you're more comfortable with that then it makes total sense, but the webscrape route feels very simple to me as well.

Last edited:

toff23

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I'm a devops so I script a lot in my day to day activities but haven't really coded since I left uni...a very long time ago :) Although I'm sure I'll be fine I just need the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.